LSAT Instructor Jobs

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Milksteak

New

LSAT Instructor Jobs

Postby Milksteak » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:20 pm

How competitive is getting an instructor position? Looking for a part time gig. Would like to get a job teaching a class or tutoring, looking for 5-15 hours a week. 99th percentile LSAT, one year of experience tutoring K-12 kids, one year tutoring college students, currently at T-14 law school in major legal market.

Any idea on what the best companies are for part-time work? Some of the top companies seem geared more to full timers. Any advice on how to proceed would be appreciated.

34iplaw

Gold

Re: LSAT Instructor Jobs

Postby 34iplaw » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:43 pm

Not sure... check Testmasters... not exactly teaching but they have this academic support staff. I have no idea how it works, but that could be on the money for you.

Shakawkaw

Gold

Postby Shakawkaw » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:05 am

I've heard great things about Blueprint.

Blueprint Mithun

Bronze

Postby Blueprint Mithun » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:33 pm

Milksteak wrote:How competitive is getting an instructor position? Looking for a part time gig. Would like to get a job teaching a class or tutoring, looking for 5-15 hours a week. 99th percentile LSAT, one year of experience tutoring K-12 kids, one year tutoring college students, currently at T-14 law school in major legal market.

Any idea on what the best companies are for part-time work? Some of the top companies seem geared more to full timers. Any advice on how to proceed would be appreciated.

How competitive it is depends on where you're trying to work. Blueprint, for example, only considers people who have scored 170+, and the interview process occurs over multiple stages, including on-site mock teaching. Given your score and prior teaching experience, you might be a good candidate. Over the years that I've worked for Blueprint, my hours/week have varied a lot - they can be very flexible. The pay is very solid as well. I think Manhattan looks for people who have at least 2 years of teaching experience, but I'm not sure. I'd also look into more local boutique LSAT prep companies in your area.

appind

Gold

Postby appind » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:42 am

Blueprint Mithun wrote:
Milksteak wrote:How competitive is getting an instructor position? Looking for a part time gig. Would like to get a job teaching a class or tutoring, looking for 5-15 hours a week. 99th percentile LSAT, one year of experience tutoring K-12 kids, one year tutoring college students, currently at T-14 law school in major legal market.

How competitive it is depends on where you're trying to work. Blueprint, for example, only considers people who have scored 170+, and the interview process occurs over multiple stages, including on-site mock teaching. Given your score and prior teaching experience, you might be a good candidate. Over the years that I've worked for Blueprint, my hours/week have varied a lot - they can be very flexible. The pay is very solid as well. I think Manhattan looks for people who have at least 2 years of teaching experience, but I'm not sure. I'd also look into more local boutique LSAT prep companies in your area.

are there LSAT prep companies where one could work without having their name being public on the company page as instructor? i have a full time job which would not like to know about the side gig as an lsat instructor.
also, can one get the job with 171 (-0 lr if it matters)?

SunDevil14

Bronze

Postby SunDevil14 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:59 pm

Also interested in a side hustle. Is anyone aware if general teaching experience is required?

Blueprint Mithun

Bronze

Postby Blueprint Mithun » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:08 pm

appind wrote:
Blueprint Mithun wrote:

are there LSAT prep companies where one could work without having their name being public on the company page as instructor? i have a full time job which would not like to know about the side gig as an lsat instructor.
also, can one get the job with 171 (-0 lr if it matters)?

No idea about your first question, yes to the latter.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�