What pencil is most like mechanical?

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Walliums

Silver

What pencil is most like mechanical?

Postby Walliums » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:31 pm

I've been bad -- I had some regular Ticonderoga pencils I used for practice/taking notes, and then we moved. I needed to study and those pencils were in a box somewhere so I grabbed one of my SO's mechanical pencils. Now it's two months later and I can't stop and go back to those other pencils. What should I change to? The mechanical just feels too good...
Last edited by Walliums on Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Re: What pencil is most like mechanical?

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:46 pm

If you don't have the willpower to switch to wooden pencils for three hours of bubbling, it leaves me wondering if you'll have the willpower to study days for an exam in law school...

On topic: I use black ticons. Not particularly mechanical-feeling, but they're my favorite.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:13 pm

I typically use nice mechanical pencils so I feel your pain. Ive tried several different traditional pencils and felt that the Black Ticons were the best (over Regular Ticons, Black Mirado Warrior). Also, once the Black ticons have been used a little bit and are shorter, they feel more natural

Walliums

Silver

Postby Walliums » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:21 pm

mrgstephe wrote:If you don't have the willpower to switch to wooden pencils for three hours of bubbling, it leaves me wondering if you'll have the willpower to study days for an exam in law school...

Oh, get off your high horse.

Walliums

Silver

Postby Walliums » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:22 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:I typically use nice mechanical pencils so I feel your pain. Ive tried several different traditional pencils and felt that the Black Ticons were the best (over Regular Ticons, Black Mirado Warrior). Also, once the Black ticons have been used a little bit and are shorter, they feel more natural

So you do like them? I've heard the suggestion tossed around a lot but I recently heard that they don't make really strong marks. Do you like the grip? I think the reason I have been gravitating towards these mechanical pencils is because they are a bit narrower and I have small hands. And I normally use pens at work so a thicker width pencil is just, odd.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:48 pm

Walliums wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:I typically use nice mechanical pencils so I feel your pain. Ive tried several different traditional pencils and felt that the Black Ticons were the best (over Regular Ticons, Black Mirado Warrior). Also, once the Black ticons have been used a little bit and are shorter, they feel more natural

So you do like them? I've heard the suggestion tossed around a lot but I recently heard that they don't make really strong marks. Do you like the grip? I think the reason I have been gravitating towards these mechanical pencils is because they are a bit narrower and I have small hands. And I normally use pens at work so a thicker width pencil is just, odd.

I think the black ticon is the easiest to grip and thinner than the regular ticons and def thinner than the warriors. I think its your best bet. Buy a pack and give them a shot.

dabigchina

Silver

Postby dabigchina » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:52 pm

just get several sharpened wooden pencils.

Sharpen then with a mechanical sharpener ofc.

zeglo

Silver

Postby zeglo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:19 pm

Last edited by zeglo on Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

KMart

Gold

Postby KMart » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:32 am

Maybe it's just me but I can't say I've ever noticed or cared what sort of pencil was given to me.

laqueredup

Bronze

Postby laqueredup » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:10 am

KMart wrote:Maybe it's just me but I can't say I've ever noticed or cared what sort of pencil was given to me.

Pleb... If you dont debt finance your pencils you've got no chance at breaking 165

Jeffort

Gold

Postby Jeffort » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:05 pm

For everything you want to know about the pros and cons of good #2 pencils, lists of bad pencils plus waaaaayyyy more than you thought there could be to know about pencils and the best ones for the LSAT including rankings and detailed reviews, you could visit the legendary TLS #2 pencils thread that's currently up to 49 pages of mostly on topic posts:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=206480

Enjoy!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�