THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - CONFIRMED GREY: 1/3/2017 @ 4:29EST

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get?

6%
175-179
6%
170-174
23%
165-169
27%
160-164
19%
155-159
9%
150-154
6%
120-149
5%

Total votes: 142

BobBoblaw

Bronze

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Yeezy Taught Me How to Wait

Postby BobBoblaw » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:57 pm

The LSAT really just needs to be a computer based test so the results would come out in a few days or a week.

34iplaw

Gold

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Yeezy Taught Me How to Wait

Postby 34iplaw » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:17 pm

BobBoblaw wrote:The LSAT really just needs to be a computer based test so the results would come out in a few days or a week.

Naw - I never get to write in cursive. I relish the opportunity to show off my flow.

Pozzo

Gold

Postby Pozzo » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:22 pm

BobBoblaw wrote:The LSAT really just needs to be a computer based test so the results would come out in a few days or a week.

Unless they get rid of logic games, I just don't see how this is feasible.

RPlatt85

New

Postby RPlatt85 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:30 pm

Pozzo wrote:Why did LSAC spoil the fun and say no scores until after 12/28? I find the suspense strangely invigorating.

If you just assume LSAC lied then you can get the suspense back. It's easy if you (dis)believe!

Pozzo

Gold

Postby Pozzo » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:51 pm

RPlatt85 wrote:
Pozzo wrote:Why did LSAC spoil the fun and say no scores until after 12/28? I find the suspense strangely invigorating.

If you just assume LSAC lied then you can get the suspense back. It's easy if you (dis)believe!

[+] Spoiler

bearedman8

Bronze

Postby bearedman8 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:49 pm

Last edited by bearedman8 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pozzo

Gold

Postby Pozzo » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:02 pm

bearedman8 wrote:

I like B.

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:07 pm

Banal is a triggering waiter word.

BobBoblaw

Bronze

Postby BobBoblaw » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:10 pm

Thread kneads gnu pole

bearedman8

Bronze

Postby bearedman8 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:12 pm

Pozzo wrote:
bearedman8 wrote:

I like B.

Thanks Pozzo! :)

Rigo wrote:Banal is a triggering waiter word.

I almost did my thesis on Arendt's Banality of Evil, but then I realized that I just liked the concept and didn't have anything original to say.

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:16 pm

I never have anything original to say, so I feel ya.

Pozzo

Gold

Postby Pozzo » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:47 pm

Baseless speculation of the day:

December takers requesting a refund on February registration must request by 1/10.
Official mailed score release date is 1/11.
Therefore, LSAC will release scores via mail by 1/9 to allow time to request a refund.

The email release date is one week before the mailed score release date.
Therefore, unless LSAC expedites mailing scores to non-online users, emailed scores will be released by January 2.

cherrygalore

Bronze

Postby cherrygalore » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:25 pm

You guys I've been eating so much in New York

emkay625

Gold

Postby emkay625 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:44 pm

bearedman8 wrote:Hey friends, I need your help! Does either of these sound better? It's the second sentence of my PS. The first sentence is "It was already 3:30 AM."

A: With each passing minute, the discussion grew increasingly circular. After another twenty minutes of the same banal points being repeated ad nauseam, I interrupted the meeting’s monotony by calling for a vote to truncate discussion so that we could finally decide on the budget.

B: With each passing minute, the discussion grew increasingly circular as the same banal points were repeated ad nauseam. After another twenty minutes, I interrupted the meeting’s monotony by calling for a vote to truncate discussion so that we could finally decide on the budget.

Ty!

I like B better. But I would make some changes to it:

As time went on, the discussion grew increasingly circular. After another twenty minutes, I interrupted the meeting and called for a vote so we could finally decide on the budget.

Basically, I deleted excess words.

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:45 pm

emkay625 wrote:
bearedman8 wrote:

Basically, I deleted excess words.

I prefer this version as well. I think the other versions have a few too many words that, while not insanely out there, give the sentence a bit of a thesaurus-y tone.

bigv

New

Postby bigv » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:49 pm

Been lurking this thread for a while, I think it's about time I posted.

PM me if you're up to swap personal statements.

RobinLeHood13

New

Postby RobinLeHood13 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:59 pm

Anyone else hopeful for this week? Friday :shock:

Vino.Veritas

Bronze

Postby Vino.Veritas » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:13 pm

RobinLeHood13 wrote:Anyone else hopeful for this week? Friday :shock:

I cannot go through this again. Don't do this to yourself... I'm forcing myself to expect them jan 4

em15

Bronze

Postby em15 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:24 pm

Vino.Veritas wrote:

I cannot go through this again. Don't do this to yourself... I'm forcing myself to expect them jan 4

I know they won't come out until next week (I'm hoping for Monday as it usually comes early), but I can't stop checking my email. Thanks holidays for making us wait a week longer than everyone else :(

Vino.Veritas

Bronze

Postby Vino.Veritas » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:26 pm

em15 wrote:
Vino.Veritas wrote:

I know they won't come out until next week (I'm hoping for Monday as it usually comes early), but I can't stop checking my email. Thanks holidays for making us wait a week longer than everyone else :(

Is this your first take? I was exactly like this in September, I didn't sleep/eat for 3 weeks. This time, I honestly am very chill about it (and that's only a partial lie)

em15

Bronze

Postby em15 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:34 pm

Vino.Veritas wrote:
em15 wrote:
Vino.Veritas wrote:

Is this your first take? I was exactly like this in September, I didn't sleep/eat for 3 weeks. This time, I honestly am very chill about it (and that's only a partial lie)

Yep, first take...translation: I'm a nervous wreck who keeps flipping between thinking I got anywhere from a 160-173. Ahh! I graduated in May after changing my mind about what I wanted to do with my life, so I didn't fully commit to law school until September. Waiting for my score while watching people already getting their acceptances is a serious struggle

RobinLeHood13

New

Postby RobinLeHood13 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:36 pm

em15 wrote:
Vino.Veritas wrote:
em15 wrote:
Vino.Veritas wrote:

Yep, first take...translation: I'm a nervous wreck who keeps flipping between thinking I got anywhere from a 160-173. Ahh! I graduated in May after changing my mind about what I wanted to do with my life, so I didn't fully commit to law school until September. Waiting for my score while watching people already getting their acceptances is a serious struggle

All I'm saying is last time they released in December the predicted release day was January 4....

em15

Bronze

Postby em15 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:40 pm

RobinLeHood13 wrote:
em15 wrote:
Vino.Veritas wrote:
em15 wrote:
Vino.Veritas wrote:

All I'm saying is last time they released in December the predicted release day was January 4....

Thanks, now my email refreshing will be even more obsessive :lol: (serious nervous laugh. I can't handle the not knowing when it will come)

BobBoblaw

Bronze

Postby BobBoblaw » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:46 pm

If i were the LSAC employee charged with deciding the exact date for sure releases, I think I'd get a huge trip about thinking of the effect of my decisions on the vacations) holidays of literally tens of thousands of people.

Vino.Veritas

Bronze

Postby Vino.Veritas » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:54 pm

em15 wrote:
RobinLeHood13 wrote:
em15 wrote:
Vino.Veritas wrote:
em15 wrote:
Vino.Veritas wrote:

Thanks, now my email refreshing will be even more obsessive :lol: (serious nervous laugh. I can't handle the not knowing when it will come)

Haha the flipping between a 160 and 171+ stays the same on the second take too. I'm in the same boat. Waiting to submit my application for a few schools until I have my score; seeing other get accepted when I'm so close is killing me.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?