THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - CONFIRMED GREY: 1/3/2017 @ 4:29EST

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get?

180
8
6%
175-179
8
6%
170-174
32
23%
165-169
39
27%
160-164
27
19%
155-159
13
9%
150-154
8
6%
120-149
7
5%
 
Total votes: 142

User avatar
#gobroncos

Bronze
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:18 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Yeezy Taught Me How to Wait

Postby #gobroncos » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:08 pm

Rigo wrote:Join the California crew which is this thread.


TLS seems so saturated with New Yorkers that when reading through my heart sings a little at the mere mention of my Golden State.

User avatar
Instrumental

Silver
Posts: 1393
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Yeezy Taught Me How to Wait

Postby Instrumental » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:16 pm

Rigo wrote:Join the California crew which is this thread.



West Coast: Best Coast

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16640
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Yeezy Taught Me How to Wait

Postby Rigo » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:53 pm

#gobroncos wrote:
Rigo wrote:Join the California crew which is this thread.

TLS seems so saturated with New Yorkers that when reading through my heart sings a little at the mere mention of my Golden State.

Yeah not much SoCal action on TLS. I wonder why.
So much for tracking down specific school advice and outlines, etc.
I know a several WUSTL and UT people I could go to, so it's not even T14 exclusive.

User avatar
R. Jeeves

Gold
Posts: 1980
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Yeezy Taught Me How to Wait

Postby R. Jeeves » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:13 pm

Instrumental wrote:West Coast: Best Coast

User avatar
bearedman8

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:43 am

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Yeezy Taught Me How to Wait

Postby bearedman8 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:30 pm

R. Jeeves wrote:
Instrumental wrote:West Coast: Best Coast

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Yeezy Taught Me How to Wait

Postby Alexandros » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:01 am

bearedman8 wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:
Instrumental wrote:West Coast: Best Coast

User avatar
laqueredup

Bronze
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:05 am

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Yeezy Taught Me How to Wait

Postby laqueredup » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:07 am

Having lived on all the coasts, I am a fan of socal. However, I miss the color green, housing costs are crazy, and I've got to wear a wetsuit year round. If the water has to be cold anyway I might as well just live in WA and have better mountains nearby.

User avatar
Instrumental

Silver
Posts: 1393
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Yeezy Taught Me How to Wait

Postby Instrumental » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:38 am

laqueredup wrote:Having lived on all the coasts, I am a fan of socal. However, I miss the color green, housing costs are crazy, and I've got to wear a wetsuit year round. If the water has to be cold anyway I might as well just live in WA and have better mountains nearby.

WA and Oregon (and BC) are so beautiful. Columbia River Gorge, Cascades, Boardman, Olympic Rainforest, San Juans, Vancouver Island, Whistler... place is the closest thing to heaven on Earth.

User avatar
R. Jeeves

Gold
Posts: 1980
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Yeezy Taught Me How to Wait

Postby R. Jeeves » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:56 am

West coast best coast ofc. Although lowkey idk if Id wanna move from the EC back to norcal for a while. Outside of SF it is a bit...quiet.

User avatar
#gobroncos

Bronze
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:18 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Yeezy Taught Me How to Wait

Postby #gobroncos » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:05 am

R. Jeeves wrote:West coast best coast ofc. Although lowkey idk if Id wanna move from the EC back to norcal for a while. Outside of SF it is a bit...quiet.


True, we're more laid back up here, outside the techie alternate universe. Having lived on both coasts, I miss the sheer density of the East Coast. Five major cities within 6.5 hours of driving?! Absurd.

But NorCal quality of life >>>>> everywhere else

Not that I'm biased. :wink:

User avatar
Instrumental

Silver
Posts: 1393
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Yeezy Taught Me How to Wait

Postby Instrumental » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:58 am

late night stroboscopic pw'ing.

[+] Spoiler
Image
Took me a ridiculous amount of tries to land this. It's dark so I already can't see well, as soon as the flash goes off, I'm blinded and can't tell how much my board has flipped and I'm worried about me or my board flying into the pool behind me. fun stuff though.

User avatar
bearedman8

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:43 am

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Yeezy Taught Me How to Wait

Postby bearedman8 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:31 am

Instrumental wrote:
laqueredup wrote:Having lived on all the coasts, I am a fan of socal. However, I miss the color green, housing costs are crazy, and I've got to wear a wetsuit year round. If the water has to be cold anyway I might as well just live in WA and have better mountains nearby.

WA and Oregon (and BC) are so beautiful. Columbia River Gorge, Cascades, Boardman, Olympic Rainforest, San Juans, Vancouver Island, Whistler... place is the closest thing to heaven on Earth.


Oregon is great! All these photos are within ~25 miles from where I'm currently living. I'm gonna miss it here!

[+] Spoiler
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16640
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Yeezy Taught Me How to Wait

Postby Rigo » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:21 am

Beautiful. Idk if I could do PNW when it's not summer though (SAD goes hard). It sucks because otherwise the PNW fits my personality and hobbies so well.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Yeezy Taught Me How to Wait

Postby Mikey » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:47 am

How does rent in some parts of Cali (like LA) compare to NYC? I suspect it might be around the same??

User avatar
laqueredup

Bronze
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:05 am

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Yeezy Taught Me How to Wait

Postby laqueredup » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:52 am

Rigo wrote:Beautiful. Idk if I could do PNW when it's not summer though (SAD goes hard). It sucks because otherwise the PNW fits my personality and hobbies so well.

When its not summer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsCDpnOThT8

User avatar
laqueredup

Bronze
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:05 am

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Yeezy Taught Me How to Wait

Postby laqueredup » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:03 am

Mikey wrote:How does rent in some parts of Cali (like LA) compare to NYC? I suspect it might be around the same??

San Francisco might be similar to NYC, but LA doesn't match it. Even in Santa Monica, you can get a decent 2BR apartment for the low low price of 3kish. Its expensive compared to most other places though. Anywhere in socal will be at least as expensive as with Boston/DC

User avatar
#gobroncos

Bronze
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:18 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Yeezy Taught Me How to Wait

Postby #gobroncos » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:55 pm

laqueredup wrote:
Mikey wrote:How does rent in some parts of Cali (like LA) compare to NYC? I suspect it might be around the same??

San Francisco might be similar to NYC, but LA doesn't match it. Even in Santa Monica, you can get a decent 2BR apartment for the low low price of 3kish. Its expensive compared to most other places though. Anywhere in socal will be at least as expensive as with Boston/DC


I believe SF recently surpassed NYC to be the most expensive place to live in the country. It's like 2nd in the world after Paris or something ridiculous like that.

There's no cheap place to live in the whole state. Urban SoCal is cheaper than urban NorCal in most places, but not by much.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16640
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Yeezy Taught Me How to Wait

Postby Rigo » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:09 pm

NYC is pretty affordable imo but I've never looked into having my own place in Manhattan. Brooklyn with roommates ftw.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16640
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Yeezy Taught Me How to Wait

Postby Rigo » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:11 pm

And yeah there's some good finds on the west side of LA the further you get away from Westwood. Around $1k with roommates. You can even get West Hollywood for $1200+ with a roommate.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Yeezy Taught Me How to Wait

Postby Mikey » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:37 pm

Interesting, thanks!

User avatar
cherrygalore

Bronze
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:13 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Yeezy Taught Me How to Wait

Postby cherrygalore » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:38 pm

Rigo wrote:NYC is pretty affordable imo but I've never looked into having my own place in Manhattan. Brooklyn with roommates ftw.


I lived in the West Village in NY a couple years ago and it was expensive but doable. I live in LA now and it's cheaper than New York but both are alright.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Yeezy Taught Me How to Wait

Postby Mikey » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:07 pm

cherrygalore wrote:
Rigo wrote:NYC is pretty affordable imo but I've never looked into having my own place in Manhattan. Brooklyn with roommates ftw.


I lived in the West Village in NY a couple years ago and it was expensive but doable. I live in LA now and it's cheaper than New York but both are alright.

which do you prefer more, quality of life wise?

User avatar
cherrygalore

Bronze
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:13 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Yeezy Taught Me How to Wait

Postby cherrygalore » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:19 pm

Mikey wrote:
cherrygalore wrote:
Rigo wrote:NYC is pretty affordable imo but I've never looked into having my own place in Manhattan. Brooklyn with roommates ftw.


I lived in the West Village in NY a couple years ago and it was expensive but doable. I live in LA now and it's cheaper than New York but both are alright.

which do you prefer more, quality of life wise?


Definitely LA. But I'm a bit biased because I'm from LA and most of my family and friends are here. Regardless though I think life is easier and better in LA.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Yeezy Taught Me How to Wait

Postby Mikey » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:47 pm

cherrygalore wrote:
Mikey wrote:
cherrygalore wrote:
Rigo wrote:NYC is pretty affordable imo but I've never looked into having my own place in Manhattan. Brooklyn with roommates ftw.


I lived in the West Village in NY a couple years ago and it was expensive but doable. I live in LA now and it's cheaper than New York but both are alright.

which do you prefer more, quality of life wise?


Definitely LA. But I'm a bit biased because I'm from LA and most of my family and friends are here. Regardless though I think life is easier and better in LA.

Hmm, that's cools though. I've always thought that if I can't live in NYC anymore, the only place I'd want to go is California, LA area specifically bc I'm just used to the large population big city vibe

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk

Gold
Posts: 3248
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Yeezy Taught Me How to Wait

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:53 pm

Rigo wrote:And yeah there's some good finds on the west side of LA the further you get away from Westwood. Around $1k with roommates. You can even get West Hollywood for $1200+ with a roommate.


Are we gonna be roommates



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests