THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - CONFIRMED GREY: 1/3/2017 @ 4:29EST

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get?

180
8
6%
175-179
8
6%
170-174
32
23%
165-169
39
27%
160-164
27
19%
155-159
13
9%
150-154
8
6%
120-149
7
5%
 
Total votes: 142

User avatar
tuesdayninja

Bronze
Posts: 369
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:37 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby tuesdayninja » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:08 pm

Pozzo wrote:
Greenteachurro wrote:
Pozzo wrote:Best gift I didn't buy, so damn tempting though:

[+] Spoiler
Image


I'm surprised that there's a market for lego-beetles stuff.


There's a lego market for everything. The had Big Bang Theory and Dr. Who sets too.


Good god there's Big Bang theory sets? Yuck, can't stand that show.

Pozzo

Gold
Posts: 1907
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby Pozzo » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:08 pm

Greenteachurro wrote:
amta wrote:
Lahtso Nuggin wrote:I'm hoping scores are out by Friday since LSAC is closed all next week. What are they going to get done between Friday and the 4th?

I'm crazy.


no way they are out by friday.


I already told you all, they're going to be out the 23rd. As I said "you heard it here first".

Also the curve is going to be -14

and all of the averages in the T14 are going to drop by 3 for the LSAT and by .2 for GPA.

Additionally, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, and the Koch brothers are setting up a scholarship for anyone who gets over a 170.


Green Tea for Prez

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby Mikey » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:08 pm

Pozzo wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
Mikey wrote:legos will forever be cool af


Right?! I won the life lottery and have a son who LOVES them, so I can buy them shamelessly as "gifts" for "him."

you won the lotto and get to have legos.

you're livin the life BOY


It's not like I ever get them out after he goes to bed on a Tuesday while I nurse my third IPA of the night. Nope, never do that...

Lego creation PW request pls

thnx

Pozzo

Gold
Posts: 1907
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby Pozzo » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:08 pm

tuesdayninja wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
Greenteachurro wrote:
Pozzo wrote:Best gift I didn't buy, so damn tempting though:

[+] Spoiler


I'm surprised that there's a market for lego-beetles stuff.


There's a lego market for everything. The had Big Bang Theory and Dr. Who sets too.


Good god there's Big Bang theory sets? Yuck, can't stand that show.


Yeah, terrible show
Last edited by Pozzo on Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Greenteachurro

Silver
Posts: 1387
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:20 am

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby Greenteachurro » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:10 pm

Pozzo wrote:
tuesdayninja wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
Greenteachurro wrote:
Pozzo wrote:Best gift I didn't buy, so damn tempting though:

[+] Spoiler
Image


I'm surprised that there's a market for lego-beetles stuff.


There's a lego market for everything. The had Big Bang Theory and Dr. Who sets too.


Good god there's Big Bang theory sets? Yuck, can't stand that show.


Yeah, terrible show


Maybe I'm a trash person, but I actually like Big Bang Theory TBH.

User avatar
Lahtso Nuggin

New
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:55 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby Lahtso Nuggin » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:13 pm

Greenteachurro wrote:
amta wrote:
Lahtso Nuggin wrote:I'm hoping scores are out by Friday since LSAC is closed all next week. What are they going to get done between Friday and the 4th?

I'm crazy.


no way they are out by friday.


I already told you all, they're going to be out the 23rd. As I said "you heard it here first".

Also the curve is going to be -14

and all of the averages in the T14 are going to drop by 3 for the LSAT and by .2 for GPA.

Additionally, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, and the Koch brothers are setting up a scholarship for anyone who gets over a 170.


So that's three separate scholarships? If they did that what would the top three criteria be for you to receive it?

User avatar
Greenteachurro

Silver
Posts: 1387
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:20 am

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby Greenteachurro » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:13 pm

Lahtso Nuggin wrote:
Greenteachurro wrote:
amta wrote:
Lahtso Nuggin wrote:I'm hoping scores are out by Friday since LSAC is closed all next week. What are they going to get done between Friday and the 4th?

I'm crazy.


no way they are out by friday.


I already told you all, they're going to be out the 23rd. As I said "you heard it here first".

Also the curve is going to be -14

and all of the averages in the T14 are going to drop by 3 for the LSAT and by .2 for GPA.

Additionally, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, and the Koch brothers are setting up a scholarship for anyone who gets over a 170.


So that's three separate scholarships? If they did that what would the top three criteria be for you to receive it?


No everyone single person who gets over a 170, gets an automatic full ride. Available for every 170+

It's called the "Lawerz Is the Best Job Scholarship, for the Wicked Smaht."

User avatar
Lahtso Nuggin

New
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:55 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby Lahtso Nuggin » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:16 pm

Greenteachurro wrote:
Lahtso Nuggin wrote:
Greenteachurro wrote:
amta wrote:
Lahtso Nuggin wrote:I'm hoping scores are out by Friday since LSAC is closed all next week. What are they going to get done between Friday and the 4th?

I'm crazy.


no way they are out by friday.


I already told you all, they're going to be out the 23rd. As I said "you heard it here first".

Also the curve is going to be -14

and all of the averages in the T14 are going to drop by 3 for the LSAT and by .2 for GPA.

Additionally, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, and the Koch brothers are setting up a scholarship for anyone who gets over a 170.


So that's three separate scholarships? If they did that what would the top three criteria be for you to receive it?


No everyone single person who gets over a 170, gets an automatic full ride. Available for every 170+

It's called the "Lawerz Is the Best Job Scholarship, for the Wicked Smaht."


Given that demonstration of my RC, i'm sure I'll be ineligible. Maybe scores should be delayed.....

Maybe this will work https://www.philanthropy.com/article/Ho ... les/200429

Pozzo

Gold
Posts: 1907
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby Pozzo » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:21 pm

Mikey wrote:Lego creation PW request pls

thnx


Why not, here's what I got on the phone:

[+] Spoiler
Mars Curiosity Rover

Minimalist WALL-E and EVA

Ok, so my father in law works at a university and one of the profs ordered these giant Legos for a class project. They couldn't use them for some reason, so he got the prof to give them away, and now we have a backyard full of these things. We call this one "Recyling Truck"
Last edited by Pozzo on Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pozzo

Gold
Posts: 1907
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby Pozzo » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:24 pm

Greenteachurro wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
tuesdayninja wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
Greenteachurro wrote:
Pozzo wrote:Best gift I didn't buy, so damn tempting though:

[+] Spoiler
Image


I'm surprised that there's a market for lego-beetles stuff.


There's a lego market for everything. The had Big Bang Theory and Dr. Who sets too.


Good god there's Big Bang theory sets? Yuck, can't stand that show.


Yeah, terrible show


Maybe I'm a trash person, but I actually like Big Bang Theory TBH.


I just can't do the laugh track. With the exception of mid-90s vintage sitcoms, laugh tracks annoy the bajeezus out of me. (Also, get off my lawn.)

User avatar
Greenteachurro

Silver
Posts: 1387
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:20 am

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby Greenteachurro » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:27 pm

Pozzo wrote:
Mikey wrote:Lego creation PW request pls

thnx


Why not, here's what I got on the phone:



Ok, so my father in law works at a university and one of the profs ordered these giant Legos for a class project. They couldn't use them for some reason, so he got the prof to give them away, and now we have a backyard full of these things. We call this one "Recyling Truck"[/spoiler]


Holy moly, I think that's like kid heaven over there.

User avatar
Greenteachurro

Silver
Posts: 1387
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:20 am

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby Greenteachurro » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:27 pm

Pozzo wrote:
Greenteachurro wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
tuesdayninja wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
Greenteachurro wrote:
Pozzo wrote:Best gift I didn't buy, so damn tempting though:

[+] Spoiler
Image


I'm surprised that there's a market for lego-beetles stuff.


There's a lego market for everything. The had Big Bang Theory and Dr. Who sets too.


Good god there's Big Bang theory sets? Yuck, can't stand that show.


Yeah, terrible show


Maybe I'm a trash person, but I actually like Big Bang Theory TBH.


I just can't do the laugh track. With the exception of mid-90s vintage sitcoms, laugh tracks annoy the bajeezus out of me. (Also, get off my lawn.)


Yeah but how else are you supposed to know when to laugh?

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby Mikey » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:33 pm

sweet creations pozzo 8)

Pozzo

Gold
Posts: 1907
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby Pozzo » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:34 pm

Greenteachurro wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
Mikey wrote:Lego creation PW request pls

thnx


Why not, here's what I got on the phone:



Ok, so my father in law works at a university and one of the profs ordered these giant Legos for a class project. They couldn't use them for some reason, so he got the prof to give them away, and now we have a backyard full of these things. We call this one "Recyling Truck"[/spoiler]


Holy moly, I think that's like kid heaven over there.


Yeah, it's pretty rad

User avatar
Lahtso Nuggin

New
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:55 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby Lahtso Nuggin » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:38 pm

I just can't do the laugh track. With the exception of mid-90s vintage sitcoms, laugh tracks annoy the bajeezus out of me. (Also, get off my lawn.)

Yeah but how else are you supposed to know when to laugh?

By waiting for the humans around you to laugh? My technique, YMMV

Pozzo

Gold
Posts: 1907
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby Pozzo » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:02 pm

Lahtso Nuggin wrote:I just can't do the laugh track. With the exception of mid-90s vintage sitcoms, laugh tracks annoy the bajeezus out of me. (Also, get off my lawn.)

Yeah but how else are you supposed to know when to laugh?

By waiting for the humans around you to laugh? My technique, YMMV


I watch television alone. I do not laugh.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby Rigo » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:04 pm

Emailed USC for a fee waiver only to realize there's no fee. OOOOPPS

User avatar
Greenteachurro

Silver
Posts: 1387
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:20 am

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby Greenteachurro » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:05 pm

Rigo wrote:Emailed USC for a fee waiver only to realize there's no fee. OOOOPPS


USC has no fee? That's good to know.

User avatar
amta

Platinum
Posts: 9459
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby amta » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:06 pm

Rigo wrote:Emailed USC for a fee waiver only to realize there's no fee. OOOOPPS


lmao. classic.


User avatar
amta

Platinum
Posts: 9459
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby amta » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:10 pm

LSRAT wrote:


what's your story? do you go to harvard extension?

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby Rigo » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:19 pm

Also submitted app to another school without indicating my major.
I should probably take applying a little more seriously.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby Mikey » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:21 pm

Rigo wrote:Also submitted app to another school without indicating my major.
I should probably take applying a little more seriously.

Doubt that would really impact you much though.I figure they would have that info anyways from your transcripts, right?

User avatar
Greenteachurro

Silver
Posts: 1387
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:20 am

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby Greenteachurro » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:23 pm

Rigo wrote:Also submitted app to another school without indicating my major.
I should probably take applying a little more seriously.


That's okay applied to william and mary with my current score and had a glaring grammatical error in my PS.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby Rigo » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:24 pm

Mikey wrote:
Rigo wrote:Also submitted app to another school without indicating my major.
I should probably take applying a little more seriously.

Doubt that would really impact you much though.I figure they would have that info anyways from your transcripts, right?

Yeah it's listed on my resume. It just shows lack of attention to detail.



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 4 guests