THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - CONFIRMED GREY: 1/3/2017 @ 4:29EST

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get?

180
8
6%
175-179
8
6%
170-174
32
23%
165-169
39
27%
160-164
27
19%
155-159
13
9%
150-154
8
6%
120-149
7
5%
 
Total votes: 142

User avatar
Shakawkaw

Gold
Posts: 4807
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby Shakawkaw » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:13 pm

cherrygalore wrote:
amta wrote:holiday plans anyone?


Heading to New York to freeze.


Come say hi! :mrgreen:

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16640
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby Rigo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:14 pm

I like the east side of LA a lot (silverlake, echo park), but that's too far from UCLA to drive daily. I would totally live there for USC though.

User avatar
amta

Platinum
Posts: 9459
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby amta » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:16 pm

Rigo wrote:I like the east side of LA a lot (silverlake, echo park), but that's too far from UCLA to drive daily. I would totally live there for USC though.


such a SoCal bro. no prestige out here though.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16640
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby Rigo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:18 pm

amta wrote:
Rigo wrote:I like the east side of LA a lot (silverlake, echo park), but that's too far from UCLA to drive daily. I would totally live there for USC though.

such a SoCal bro. no prestige out here though.

I figure UCLA is the best bang for the buck on the west coast.
Any lower ranked school is shitty and Stanford and Berkeley would both be too expensive.

User avatar
cherrygalore

Bronze
Posts: 474
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:13 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby cherrygalore » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:19 pm

Rigo wrote:I like the east side of LA a lot (silverlake, echo park), but that's too far from UCLA to drive daily. I would totally live there for USC though.


That's where I live now. Gonna miss it when I move for school.

User avatar
cherrygalore

Bronze
Posts: 474
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:13 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby cherrygalore » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:20 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:
cherrygalore wrote:
amta wrote:holiday plans anyone?


Heading to New York to freeze.


Come say hi! :mrgreen:


How cold is it?? I'm scared :shock:

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16640
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby Rigo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:23 pm

cherrygalore wrote:
Rigo wrote:I like the east side of LA a lot (silverlake, echo park), but that's too far from UCLA to drive daily. I would totally live there for USC though.


That's where I live now. Gonna miss it when I move for school.

~neighbors~

So I take it you're likely not staying in LA?

User avatar
cherrygalore

Bronze
Posts: 474
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:13 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby cherrygalore » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:26 pm

Rigo wrote:
cherrygalore wrote:
Rigo wrote:I like the east side of LA a lot (silverlake, echo park), but that's too far from UCLA to drive daily. I would totally live there for USC though.


That's where I live now. Gonna miss it when I move for school.

~neighbors~

So I take it you're likely not staying in LA?


I mean idk I'd like to and I would be down for UCLA or maybe USC with a lot of money, but for a t6 I'd have no problem moving (in theory). I'm from here, but I moved away for college, now I'm back and it would be really really hard to leave again I think. What about you?

User avatar
Greenteachurro

Silver
Posts: 1387
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:20 am

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby Greenteachurro » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:32 pm

Have family in LA, been thinking UCLA recently too. I'd go for a decent scholly. If you look at employment numbers, its not really that different from Berkley, so I'd take that hit in the rankings.

User avatar
Shakawkaw

Gold
Posts: 4807
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby Shakawkaw » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:32 pm

cherrygalore wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:
cherrygalore wrote:
amta wrote:holiday plans anyone?


Heading to New York to freeze.


Come say hi! :mrgreen:


How cold is it?? I'm scared :shock:


Supposed to "warm" up this week :roll:

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby Mikey » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:34 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:
cherrygalore wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:
cherrygalore wrote:
amta wrote:holiday plans anyone?


Heading to New York to freeze.


Come say hi! :mrgreen:


How cold is it?? I'm scared :shock:


Supposed to "warm" up this week :roll:

Some days last week were unbearable

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16640
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby Rigo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:35 pm

cherrygalore wrote:I mean idk I'd like to and I would be down for UCLA or maybe USC with a lot of money, but for a t6 I'd have no problem moving (in theory). I'm from here, but I moved away for college, now I'm back and it would be really really hard to leave again I think. What about you?

I'm all about debt minimization so I feel like I'd be more inclined to take a super generous UCLA offer if T14 would push me really far into debt. Of course there's a decreased chance at getting a prime outcome, but I could see myself doing a lot of different things so im not necessarily Biglaw or bust or going all in on the LRAP train either.

UCLA in my mind is what I get when I try to hedge all bets. I'm sure they would love to have me in their admissions brochure next year with that attitude!

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16640
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby Rigo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:37 pm

Greenteachurro wrote:Have family in LA, been thinking UCLA recently too. I'd go for a decent scholly. If you look at employment numbers, its not really that different from Berkley, so I'd take that hit in the rankings.

Yeah I think there's an argument to be made that more Berkeley students self select out of buglaw though so their numbers are artificially depressed.
I just have always heard berkeley is a nightmare with financial aid. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16640
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby Rigo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:38 pm

Rigo wrote:buglaw

User avatar
cherrygalore

Bronze
Posts: 474
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:13 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby cherrygalore » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:39 pm

Rigo wrote:I'm all about debt minimization so I feel like I'd be more inclined to take a super generous UCLA offer if T14 would push me really far into debt. Of course there's a decreased chance at getting a prime outcome, but I could see myself doing a lot of different things so im not necessarily Biglaw or bust or going all in on the LRAP train either.

UCLA in my mind is what I get when I try to hedge all bets. I'm sure they would love to have me in their admissions brochure next year with that attitude!


Same. Also just quality of life wise, I think I might have a hard time freezing my ass off somewhere like Chicago. And it would be nice to have the support of my family and friends during school, though I see BOTH SIDES and there are positives to having to immerse yourself in a new city etc. But yeah, UCLA with a lot of money would be hard to turn down for me.

I know this is an unpopular opinion regarding Berkley but I am not a fan of northern California.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby Mikey » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:41 pm

Rigo wrote:
Rigo wrote:buglaw

I heard bug law is really starting to become popular among those insane law grad millennials.

User avatar
cherrygalore

Bronze
Posts: 474
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:13 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby cherrygalore » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:42 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:Supposed to "warm" up this week :roll:


What does that mean coat-wise?

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby Mikey » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:43 pm

cherrygalore wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:Supposed to "warm" up this week :roll:


What does that mean coat-wise?

You most likely still need one. You just don't need 2 sweaters under it :mrgreen: :lol:

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16640
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby Rigo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:43 pm

This is way more west coast people than normal on TLS I think.

User avatar
alpha kenny body

Gold
Posts: 4850
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby alpha kenny body » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:50 pm

cherrygalore wrote:
amta wrote:holiday plans anyone?


Heading to New York to freeze.

me too

User avatar
amta

Platinum
Posts: 9459
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby amta » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:50 pm

Rigo wrote:This is way more west coast people than normal on TLS I think.


i said the same thing a few pages back in the unofficial waiters thread

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16640
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby Rigo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:51 pm

amta wrote:
Rigo wrote:This is way more west coast people than normal on TLS I think.

i said the same thing a few pages back in the unofficial waiters thread

Oh I don't check MySpace anymore.

User avatar
Shakawkaw

Gold
Posts: 4807
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby Shakawkaw » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:52 pm

cherrygalore wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:Supposed to "warm" up this week :roll:


What does that mean coat-wise?


You def. need a warm winter coat. Peacoat or puffer.

User avatar
amta

Platinum
Posts: 9459
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby amta » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:52 pm

Rigo wrote:
amta wrote:
Rigo wrote:This is way more west coast people than normal on TLS I think.

i said the same thing a few pages back in the unofficial waiters thread

Oh I don't check MySpace anymore.


is Nik9639 still in your top 8?

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16640
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby Rigo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:52 pm

amta wrote:
Rigo wrote:
amta wrote:
Rigo wrote:This is way more west coast people than normal on TLS I think.

i said the same thing a few pages back in the unofficial waiters thread

Oh I don't check MySpace anymore.

is Nik9639 still in your top 8?

Who



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests