THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - CONFIRMED GREY: 1/3/2017 @ 4:29EST

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get?

6%
175-179
6%
170-174
23%
165-169
27%
160-164
19%
155-159
9%
150-154
6%
120-149
5%

Total votes: 142

Instrumental

Silver

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby Instrumental » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:46 pm

bearedman8 wrote:Rip, I'm not active enough to get included in cool polls. :'(

You'll get the last laugh when you get your letter to YLS.

dj9i27

Gold

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Under New Management

Postby dj9i27 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:04 pm

Last edited by dj9i27 on Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:30 pm

Instrumental wrote:

I know I'm getting a letter from YLS.

That's YLS on the left and me on the right.

laqueredup

Bronze

Postby laqueredup » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:51 am

Greenteachurro wrote:
Pozzo wrote:Alright now, y'all can stop trolling me with the poll results. #cooleyorbust

http://www.cooley.edu/publicinformation ... mation.pdf

Ahh, yeah looks like a competitive school. Probably in the T14 the 50th percentile GPA is pretty competitive at 2.9, you probably won't make the cut. If you're good at the LSAT though, you might have a shot at being a splitter with a 148 LSAT to beat out their 147, 75th. Nearly 1000 apps last cycle, so expect a similar amount this cycle.

Is cooley as splitter friendly as uva?
I'm basically a splitter for every school from Cooley to NYU. Hopefully a splitter from Cooley to Yale once the dec results come out.

galeatus

Silver

Postby galeatus » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:45 am

laqueredup wrote:
Greenteachurro wrote:
Pozzo wrote:Alright now, y'all can stop trolling me with the poll results. #cooleyorbust

Ahh, yeah looks like a competitive school. Probably in the T14 the 50th percentile GPA is pretty competitive at 2.9, you probably won't make the cut. If you're good at the LSAT though, you might have a shot at being a splitter with a 148 LSAT to beat out their 147, 75th. Nearly 1000 apps last cycle, so expect a similar amount this cycle.

I'm basically a splitter for every school from Cooley to NYU. Hopefully a splitter from Cooley to Yale once the dec results come out.

I'm also a splitter, decided to ED Cooley as I heard they are more splitter-friendly ED than RD

Pozzo

Gold

Postby Pozzo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:55 am

galeatus wrote:
laqueredup wrote:
Greenteachurro wrote:

I'm also a splitter, decided to ED Cooley as I heard they are more splitter-friendly ED than RD

Good call, man

Pozzo

Gold

Postby Pozzo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:56 am

Anybody give "One Mississippi" a try on Amazon? I love Tig, and it's a good show, but damn, it's depressing...

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:16 am

I hope to see much shitposting when I land in Canada tomorrow.

galeatus

Silver

Postby galeatus » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:17 am

Pozzo wrote:
galeatus wrote:
laqueredup wrote:
Greenteachurro wrote:

Good call, man

Thanks man, I mean it's either that or sticker at Indiana Tech. I mean, for things like LS the newer the school is the more innovative the education will be amirite

bearedman8

Bronze

Postby bearedman8 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:24 am

galeatus wrote:
laqueredup wrote:
Greenteachurro wrote:

I don't think I have the stats to get into Cooley, so I'm hoping to transfer in from my local TTT after my 1L year.

Instrumental wrote:

Maybe I should change my PS to an overcoming adversity theme about how no one on TLS included me in the polls. I'm sure that'll get me in! :D

Pozzo

Gold

Postby Pozzo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:39 am

bearedman8 wrote:
galeatus wrote:
laqueredup wrote:
Greenteachurro wrote:

I don't think I have the stats to get into Cooley, so I'm hoping to transfer in from my local TTT after my 1L year.

Instrumental wrote:

Maybe I should change my PS to an overcoming adversity theme about how no one on TLS included me in the polls. I'm sure that'll get me in! :D

Better yet, make it your Y250.

bearedman8

Bronze

Postby bearedman8 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:42 am

Pozzo wrote:

Ooooh, good idea! I don't see how this could possible go wrong. See you all at Yale's ASW! ;)

laqueredup

Bronze

Postby laqueredup » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:44 am

Pozzo wrote:
bearedman8 wrote:
galeatus wrote:
laqueredup wrote:
Greenteachurro wrote:

Instrumental wrote:

Yeah I bet if you went Yale and were able to get top 10% of your class Cooley might take you after 1L. Might have a tougher time at Oci though.

Pozzo

Gold

Postby Pozzo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:10 am

laqueredup wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
bearedman8 wrote:
galeatus wrote:
laqueredup wrote:
Greenteachurro wrote:

Instrumental wrote:

Yeah I bet if you went Yale and were able to get top 10% of your class Cooley might take you after 1L. Might have a tougher time at Oci though.

True, but I heard Yale is weird with grades. Guess I'll never be good enough for Cooley.

galeatus

Silver

Postby galeatus » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:12 am

laqueredup wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
bearedman8 wrote:
galeatus wrote:
laqueredup wrote:
Greenteachurro wrote:

Instrumental wrote:

I wouldn't transfer honestly. Stay at Yale and accept that you're only gonna end up with a regional job in New England, cos your OCI will be heartbreaking without that all midwest prestige that Cooley has, and you'll just look like a muggle transferring into Cooley from New Vahen or wherever Yale is compared to all the thoroughbreds

bearedman8

Bronze

Postby bearedman8 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:16 am

laqueredup wrote:

That'd be good but according to Cooley's 509 they didn't take any transfers from Yale last year. :/ According to Cooley's rankings, Harvard is 1st and Georgetown is 3rd, so I'll probably try to go to one of those two schools.

laqueredup

Bronze

Postby laqueredup » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:37 am

bearedman8 wrote:
laqueredup wrote:

That'd be good but according to Cooley's 509 they didn't take any transfers from Yale last year. :/ According to Cooley's rankings, Harvard is 1st and Georgetown is 3rd, so I'll probably try to go to one of those two schools.

Probably a good idea. I think they place better too. I hear a lot of folks from yale wind up as glorified secretaries for judges or even worse not even practicing law. Can you imagine dealing with that kind of debt on a TEACHER'S salary!?!

galeatus

Silver

Postby galeatus » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:42 am

laqueredup wrote:
bearedman8 wrote:
laqueredup wrote:

Probably a good idea. I think they place better too. I hear a lot of folks from yale wind up as glorified secretaries for judges or even worse not even practicing law. Can you imagine dealing with that kind of debt on a TEACHER'S salary!?!

It's all kinds of fucked up. You just can't expect to have a Saul Goodman type career after graduating from one of these places

bearedman8

Bronze

Postby bearedman8 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:52 am

galeatus wrote:
laqueredup wrote:
bearedman8 wrote:
laqueredup wrote:

It's all kinds of fucked up. You just can't expect to have a Saul Goodman type career after graduating from one of these places

Lol srsly. Also, if I wanted to be a clerk, I'd just go apply to Walmart or something.

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:38 am

if I made it to YLS it would be bc I showed the right person some nip.

voted Shaka to mend burnt bridges

Pozzo

Gold

Postby Pozzo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:11 am

bearedman8 wrote:
galeatus wrote:
laqueredup wrote:
bearedman8 wrote:
laqueredup wrote:

Lol srsly. Also, if I wanted to be a clerk, I'd just go apply to Walmart or something.

And they don't even have scholarships?! Sad!

Greenteachurro

Silver

Postby Greenteachurro » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:24 pm

galeatus wrote:
I wouldn't transfer honestly. Stay at Yale and accept that you're only gonna end up with a regional job in New England, cos your OCI will be heartbreaking without that all midwest prestige that Cooley has, and you'll just look like a muggle transferring into Cooley from New Vahen or wherever Yale is compared to all the thoroughbreds

90% sure Yale is in New Van Halen. Also Cooley has strong placement in the bastion of economic development that is Detroit, so you have that going for you as well. Also Trump's personal lawyer went there, so obviously the prestige is going to be worth it.

Greenteachurro

Silver

Postby Greenteachurro » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:28 pm

bearedman8 wrote:
laqueredup wrote:

Does Cooley actually have their own rankings? And if so where can I be enlightened about the quality of various schools?

Pozzo

Gold

Postby Pozzo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:37 pm

Greenteachurro wrote:
galeatus wrote:

90% sure Yale is in New Van Halen. Also Cooley has strong placement in the bastion of economic development that is Detroit, so you have that going for you as well. Also Trump's personal lawyer went there, so obviously the prestige is going to be worth it.

Yeah, I'm not interested in working for washed up rock stars. Plus Cooley probably has some good ties to the Detroit rap scene, which should help me get a gig doing entertainment law.

Pozzo

Gold

Postby Pozzo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:43 pm

Greenteachurro wrote:
bearedman8 wrote:
laqueredup wrote:

Does Cooley actually have their own rankings? And if so where can I be enlightened about the quality of various schools?

http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blog/2011/02/size-matters-.html

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?