THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - CONFIRMED GREY: 1/3/2017 @ 4:29EST

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get?

6%
175-179
6%
170-174
23%
165-169
27%
160-164
19%
155-159
9%
150-154
6%
120-149
5%

Total votes: 142

Vino.Veritas

Bronze

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Arrrrre Yoooooou Ready????

Postby Vino.Veritas » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:51 pm

I know I should go to the gym to a) get exercise and b) distract myself, but I really cannot leave my computer right now

Pozzo

Gold

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Arrrrre Yoooooou Ready????

Postby Pozzo » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:54 pm

jonny27 wrote:
RPlatt85 wrote:
jonny27 wrote:
RPlatt85 wrote:My new year's resolution was to read a book a week this year - anyone got any good book recommendations?

Do you like fiction?

Yeah for sure. Weirdly switch between fiction and biography, but honestly looking for anything. Will read any genre as long as it's good.

Check out GK Chesterton, great writer. He writes a little of everything, so you can read his biographies or his fiction.

Specifically I would recommend 'Manalive' and 'The Napoleon of Notting Hill' (both fiction, haven't read any of his biographies)

Been a while, but I loved reading "The Man Who Was Thursday."

Only non-fiction of his I've read is "Orthodoxy." It's a quasi-theological read, quite well written, if you're of that ilk. Fits nicely with C.S. Lewis and Tolkien in a critique of the modern era rooted in medievalism and classical literature.

Capt_Beatty

Bronze

Postby Capt_Beatty » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:56 pm

RPlatt85 wrote:My new year's resolution was to read a book a week this year - anyone got any good book recommendations?

Dune.

jonny27

Bronze

Postby jonny27 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:07 pm

Pozzo wrote:
jonny27 wrote:
RPlatt85 wrote:
jonny27 wrote:

Do you like fiction?

Yeah for sure. Weirdly switch between fiction and biography, but honestly looking for anything. Will read any genre as long as it's good.

Check out GK Chesterton, great writer. He writes a little of everything, so you can read his biographies or his fiction.

Specifically I would recommend 'Manalive' and 'The Napoleon of Notting Hill' (both fiction, haven't read any of his biographies)

Only non-fiction of his I've read is "Orthodoxy." It's a quasi-theological read, quite well written, if you're of that ilk. Fits nicely with C.S. Lewis and Tolkien in a critique of the modern era rooted in medievalism and classical literature.

Loved "The Man Who Was Thursday" as well, but as theological reads go, it's definitely up there. Although, you could just enjoy the ride and ignore the theology bits.

I haven't gotten to "Orthodoxy" yet. Tried my hand at "Heretics" first, but it's way too cultured for me – barely recognized many of the works/philosophies he was critiquing.

Pozzo, any other specific works of his you would recommend, either fic or nonfic? He's so prolific, it's hard to know what direction to go

Pozzo

Gold

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Bastion of the Entitled

Postby Pozzo » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:08 pm

amta wrote:

Bastion of the Entitled.

Love it.

amta

Platinum

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Bastion of the Entitled

Postby amta » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:08 pm

Pozzo wrote:
amta wrote:

Bastion of the Entitled.

Love it.

mikey asked for a REKT

Espadas

New

Postby Espadas » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:12 pm

My boyfriend got me a conure the other day, so now I'm feeling a bit less stressed about the score release. Or at least now I have something to occupy my mind and my time until I know whether I'm getting into heaven or hell.

RPlatt85

New

Postby RPlatt85 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:13 pm

jonny27 wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
jonny27 wrote:
RPlatt85 wrote:
jonny27 wrote:

Do you like fiction?

Loved "The Man Who Was Thursday" as well, but as theological reads go, it's definitely up there. Although, you could just enjoy the ride and ignore the theology bits.

I haven't gotten to "Orthodoxy" yet. Tried my hand at "Heretics" first, but it's way too cultured for me – barely recognized many of the works/philosophies he was critiquing.

Pozzo, any other specific works of his you would recommend, either fic or nonfic? He's so prolific, it's hard to know what direction to go

This is great. Might try heretics as well then so I can see how much my philosophy knowledge has slipped in recent years.

Pozzo

Gold

Postby Pozzo » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:15 pm

jonny27 wrote:Loved "The Man Who Was Thursday" as well, but as theological reads go, it's definitely up there. Although, you could just enjoy the ride and ignore the theology bits.

Unfortunately, no. Those are the only ones I've read. If you like his style, though, I'd recommend C.S. Lewis's Space Trilogy. Great read, and WAY better than Narnia. Much more nuanced, and more maturely written.

jonny27

Bronze

Postby jonny27 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:18 pm

Pozzo wrote:
jonny27 wrote:Loved "The Man Who Was Thursday" as well, but as theological reads go, it's definitely up there. Although, you could just enjoy the ride and ignore the theology bits.

Unfortunately, no. Those are the only ones I've read. If you like his style, though, I'd recommend C.S. Lewis's Space Trilogy. Great read, and WAY better than Narnia. Much more nuanced, and more maturely written.

Cool, thanks. I'll check it out

em15

Bronze

Postby em15 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:20 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:
em15 wrote:
cherrygalore wrote:
I don't think I'm up to Vanessa yet, but I'll let you know my thoughts.

Corrine is annoying. You can totally tell she thinks she's hot shit, but she is not.. she's just obnoxious.

I mean...she has a nanny...

Like, as an adult? :oops:

yeah, exactly

cherrygalore

Bronze

Postby cherrygalore » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:25 pm

After reading MS9's responses this morning, I think I'm in love.

Also good morning y'all. I have arrived in the thread and intend to stay here until I turn grey.

cgsucsd

New

Postby cgsucsd » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:28 pm

The waiting is killing me already. I managed to distract myself for the first three weeks and not think about it too much, but now I keep flashing back to doing the passages out of order and I'm panicking about misbubbling :(

em15

Bronze

Postby em15 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:29 pm

cgsucsd wrote:The waiting is killing me already. I managed to distract myself for the first three weeks and not think about it too much, but now I keep flashing back to doing the passages out of order and I'm panicking about misbubbling :(

+1 same here, it's torture

Pozzo

Gold

Postby Pozzo » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:31 pm

Four "no's" so far. Show yourselves!

cherrygalore

Bronze

Postby cherrygalore » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:34 pm

Pozzo wrote:Four "no's" so far. Show yourselves!

I voted "yes", but in a way I wish they'd switch to just releasing them on the date given so it would alleviate all this anxiety about when they're coming out.

tuesdayninja

Bronze

Postby tuesdayninja » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:35 pm

Can I get a maybe option in the poll?

alpha kenny body

Gold

Postby alpha kenny body » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:37 pm

im seriously not even batting an eyelash over scores; so much more dope shit and fun times are happening for me to ruin it with neuroticism and worry.

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:41 pm

cherrygalore wrote:

I voted "yes", but in a way I wish they'd switch to just releasing them on the date given so it would alleviate all this anxiety about when they're coming out.

Wholeheartedly agree. It's atrocious.

em15

Bronze

Postby em15 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:42 pm

cherrygalore wrote:

agreed, but it would be great if that trend started in feb/june....not now please

shotgunheist

Bronze

Postby shotgunheist » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:42 pm

So many people have posted that "scores not coming out til tomorrow" email from the dispute email (twitter and reddit). If it isn't some kind of well coordinated spam hack or something then I'm impressed at the coordinated bamboozle.

SalMoney13

New

Postby SalMoney13 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:44 pm

So what are the chances scores are released before the ~4:30pm EST window??

cherrygalore

Bronze

Postby cherrygalore » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:49 pm

They're looking for a new LSAC president. MS9 or Killoran should run and #MakeLSATGreatAgain

http://lsac.org/docs/default-source/events-(members)/lsac-invitation-to-apply-president-12-29-16.pdf

Pozzo

Gold

Postby Pozzo » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:49 pm

Chatter on Twitter about people's apps going complete already today if they were waiting for a score to report. Anyone notice this?

shotgunheist

Bronze

Postby shotgunheist » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:51 pm

Pozzo wrote:Chatter on Twitter about people's apps going complete already today if they were waiting for a score to report. Anyone notice this?

2 of mine went complete today but i just thought that was cause of first day back from holiday break. can't it be "complete" while still "holding for score"?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?