THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - CONFIRMED GREY: 1/3/2017 @ 4:29EST

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get?

6%
175-179
6%
170-174
23%
165-169
27%
160-164
19%
155-159
9%
150-154
6%
120-149
5%

Total votes: 142

Tazewell

Bronze

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Arrrrre Yoooooou Ready????

Postby Tazewell » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:29 am

Anyone have any good Greek mythology books to read. I just started reading basically an overview right now, "Mythology" by Edith Hamilton, then going to re-read The Iliad and The Odyssey. Greek mythology just fascinates me so any suggestions are appreciated! I graduated in December so I want to read for leisure a lot before law school starts.

chandhi

Gold

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Arrrrre Yoooooou Ready????

Postby chandhi » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:35 am

theboringest wrote:
MikeSpivey wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
cianchetta0 wrote:Someone posted on R/Lsat that they received an email from LSAC, and attached a 'photo' of said email.

Email reads, "Because we were closed for the holidays, scores will be released tomorrow and thursday".

me thinks it's a troll.

Yeah, all this proves is that r/lsat is the actual worst.

That's some 99%er type shit

I had to, sorry not sorry

I've been in law school admissions 17years, people do this all the time. Or say they have a source, blah blah blah. They never do, and these fake emails never make sense. Why would LSAC email one person lol? Plus they do not release scores in multi-day waves. It is a flat out lie.

It takes a different kind of person to try to make this stuff up when so many people have so much invested. I'll leave it at that but I have seen it so many times and it is sad.

And when scores do come out today this odd soul will use that as credence that they were right. Blaach.

I mean our first hint should have been the misspelling of "admissions".

Ok except my September complaint response looked exactly like that person's screenshot with admissions spelled wrong the exact same way.

Capt_Beatty

Bronze

Postby Capt_Beatty » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:39 am

chandhi wrote:
theboringest wrote:
MikeSpivey wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
cianchetta0 wrote:Someone posted on R/Lsat that they received an email from LSAC, and attached a 'photo' of said email.

Email reads, "Because we were closed for the holidays, scores will be released tomorrow and thursday".

me thinks it's a troll.

I've been in law school admissions 17years, people do this all the time. Or say they have a source, blah blah blah. They never do, and these fake emails never make sense. Why would LSAC email one person lol? Plus they do not release scores in multi-day waves. It is a flat out lie.

It takes a different kind of person to try to make this stuff up when so many people have so much invested. I'll leave it at that but I have seen it so many times and it is sad.

And when scores do come out today this odd soul will use that as credence that they were right. Blaach.

Ok except my September complaint response looked exactly like that person's screenshot with admissions spelled wrong the exact same way.

Plot twist.

Shakawkaw

Gold

Postby Shakawkaw » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:39 am

Well, it's gloomy. The trains were fucked this morning. And my attorneys hopped on me as soon as I stepped in.

Today is definitely going to be grey day. :x

Shakawkaw

Gold

Postby Shakawkaw » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:40 am

em15 wrote:
cherrygalore wrote:
I don't think I'm up to Vanessa yet, but I'll let you know my thoughts.

Corrine is annoying. You can totally tell she thinks she's hot shit, but she is not.. she's just obnoxious.

I mean...she has a nanny...

Like, as an adult? :oops:

Capt_Beatty

Bronze

Postby Capt_Beatty » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:45 am

chandhi wrote:
theboringest wrote:
MikeSpivey wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Pozzo wrote:

me thinks it's a troll.

Pics pls/

Pozzo

Gold

Postby Pozzo » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:46 am

Cloudy skies out west today too. Must be grey coast to coast. IT'S TODAY.

chandhi

Gold

Postby chandhi » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:49 am

cianchetta0 wrote:Pics pls/

Idk how to post photos/can I do that from my phone? I'm on the bus to work

tuesdayninja

Bronze

Postby tuesdayninja » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:49 am

Both Boston and Chicago cloudy and rainy this morning. Grey day imminent.

ms9

Gold

Postby ms9 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:52 am

chandhi wrote:
theboringest wrote:
MikeSpivey wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Pozzo wrote:

me thinks it's a troll.

Then again, I have hundreds upon hundreds of their emails and they all know they work for the Law School Admissions Council. It's not even that they spelled admissions wrong, it's that they can't spell the name of their employer in their signature block? Really?

Mike P. MS9
The Spivie Consulting Group

WamBamThankYouMaam

Bronze

Postby WamBamThankYouMaam » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:52 am

hot and sunny day here in Orlando, I'm starting to worry.
Last edited by WamBamThankYouMaam on Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

jonny27

Bronze

Postby jonny27 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:53 am

cianchetta0 wrote:
chandhi wrote:
theboringest wrote:
MikeSpivey wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Pozzo wrote:

me thinks it's a troll.

Plot twist.

So the guy prob has a previous complaint response that he altered

tofuspeedstar

Platinum

Postby tofuspeedstar » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:55 am

MikeSpivey wrote:
Then again, I have hundreds upon hundreds of their emails and they all know they work for the Law School Admissions Council. It's not even that they spelled admissions wrong, it's that they can't spell the name of their employer in their signature block? Really?

Mike P. MS9
The Spivie Consulting Group

I see what you did there. :lol:

chandhi

Gold

Postby chandhi » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:02 pm

Posted my complaint response screenshots in a reply to Dave Killoran on twitter, if anyone's still interested in seeing that.

Capt_Beatty

Bronze

Postby Capt_Beatty » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:08 pm

chandhi wrote:Posted my complaint response screenshots in a reply to Dave Killoran on twitter, if anyone's still interested in seeing that.

ughhhh, I want to vomit right now. I can't take more days of this.

ms9

Gold

Postby ms9 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:11 pm

cianchetta0 wrote:
chandhi wrote:Posted my complaint response screenshots in a reply to Dave Killoran on twitter, if anyone's still interested in seeing that.

ughhhh, I want to vomit right now. I can't take more days of this.

Here is a thought. Why doesn't just one person email them as well, and see if they get a response that says "because we were closed for holidays you won't get scores until tomorrow and Thursday (which is so odd anyway).

Prediction. You won't.

RPlatt85

New

Postby RPlatt85 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:31 pm

My new year's resolution was to read a book a week this year - anyone got any good book recommendations?

jonny27

Bronze

Postby jonny27 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:34 pm

RPlatt85 wrote:My new year's resolution was to read a book a week this year - anyone got any good book recommendations?

Do you like fiction?

Instrumental

Silver

Postby Instrumental » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:35 pm

RPlatt85 wrote:My new year's resolution was to read a book a week this year - anyone got any good book recommendations?

A Legacy of Ashes by Tim Weiner

RPlatt85

New

Postby RPlatt85 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:35 pm

jonny27 wrote:

Do you like fiction?

Yeah for sure. Weirdly switch between fiction and biography, but honestly looking for anything. Will read any genre as long as it's good.

jonny27

Bronze

Postby jonny27 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:39 pm

RPlatt85 wrote:
jonny27 wrote:

Do you like fiction?

Yeah for sure. Weirdly switch between fiction and biography, but honestly looking for anything. Will read any genre as long as it's good.

Check out GK Chesterton, great writer. He writes a little of everything, so you can read his biographies or his fiction.

Specifically I would recommend 'Manalive' and 'The Napoleon of Notting Hill' (both fiction, haven't read any of his biographies)

Pozzo

Gold

Postby Pozzo » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:41 pm

My two best from 2016:

When Breath Becomes Air
All the Light We Cannot See

Lahtso Nuggin

New

Postby Lahtso Nuggin » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:42 pm

Read U.S. Grant's autobiography.

floatie

Silver

Postby floatie » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:44 pm

The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner

RPlatt85

New

Postby RPlatt85 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:47 pm

Thanks all! These are awesome, keep 'em coming.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?