THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - CONFIRMED GREY: 1/3/2017 @ 4:29EST

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get?

180
8
6%
175-179
8
6%
170-174
32
23%
165-169
39
27%
160-164
27
19%
155-159
13
9%
150-154
8
6%
120-149
7
5%
 
Total votes: 142

User avatar
34iplaw

Gold
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - End of Watch (Hopefully)

Postby 34iplaw » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:14 pm

It looks like we have begun our rapid descent into madness and depravity.

Also, -8. You're a sadist.

User avatar
Vino.Veritas

Bronze
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:24 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - End of Watch (Hopefully)

Postby Vino.Veritas » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:17 pm

Damn a lot of people are thinking -11? This is giving me hope, which is probably not good

User avatar
#gobroncos

Bronze
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:18 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - End of Watch (Hopefully)

Postby #gobroncos » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:17 pm

I would like this to be done with ASAP so I can pick up a new, more life-benefitting obsession. Finally learning Spanish would be pretty rad...

User avatar
R. Jeeves

Gold
Posts: 1980
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - End of Watch (Hopefully)

Postby R. Jeeves » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:18 pm

You can do it guys - you all waited on the new Sherlock for THREE YEARS.

User avatar
34iplaw

Gold
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - End of Watch (Hopefully)

Postby 34iplaw » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:19 pm

Vino.Veritas wrote:Damn a lot of people are thinking -11? This is giving me hope, which is probably not good


I've talked to some people that were PTing in the high 160s/low 170s that said they just didn't get the fourth game at all and some high scorers that, while they finished the third game, they missed the major inference which made the game take a long time. It absolutely sucks to have some aspect of randomness in how the LSAT is structured tank your score, and, having it happened to me in September, I feel shitty saying it. It does provide some solace from the idea that it will be -8 though.

User avatar
Kinch08

Bronze
Posts: 309
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - End of Watch (Hopefully)

Postby Kinch08 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:21 pm

Killoran said -11 or -12, approx equal odds

I'm hoping (and betting) today, -12

em15

Bronze
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:39 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - End of Watch (Hopefully)

Postby em15 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:22 pm

34iplaw wrote:
Vino.Veritas wrote:Damn a lot of people are thinking -11? This is giving me hope, which is probably not good


I've talked to some people that were PTing in the high 160s/low 170s that said they just didn't get the fourth game at all and some high scorers that, while they finished the third game, they missed the major inference which made the game take a long time. It absolutely sucks to have some aspect of randomness in how the LSAT is structured tank your score, and, having it happened to me in September, I feel shitty saying it. It does provide some solace from the idea that it will be -8 though.


Hopefully the people in that score range that took the section as an experimental had the same problem

User avatar
#gobroncos

Bronze
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:18 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - End of Watch (Hopefully)

Postby #gobroncos » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:23 pm

34iplaw wrote:It looks like we have begun our rapid descent into madness and depravity.

Also, -8. You're a sadist.


1 voter is the extreme "expect the worst" type. The other just thinks it's funny to mess with people.

It won't be a -8 curve. Don't worry.

User avatar
Vino.Veritas

Bronze
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:24 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - End of Watch (Hopefully)

Postby Vino.Veritas » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:25 pm

Person who put -14 is in for a rude awakening

User avatar
Instrumental

Silver
Posts: 1393
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - End of Watch (Hopefully)

Postby Instrumental » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:25 pm

I really want to know how I did on that last game. Only section that has me worried because I was rushing and didn't get any inferences so I just brute forced everything.

User avatar
34iplaw

Gold
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - End of Watch (Hopefully)

Postby 34iplaw » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:26 pm

em15 wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
Vino.Veritas wrote:Damn a lot of people are thinking -11? This is giving me hope, which is probably not good


I've talked to some people that were PTing in the high 160s/low 170s that said they just didn't get the fourth game at all and some high scorers that, while they finished the third game, they missed the major inference which made the game take a long time. It absolutely sucks to have some aspect of randomness in how the LSAT is structured tank your score, and, having it happened to me in September, I feel shitty saying it. It does provide some solace from the idea that it will be -8 though.


Hopefully the people in that score range that took the section as an experimental had the same problem


That's fair. Yeah... it's hard to know. Perhaps, people struggled with it more, as I imagine it preceded the trend (read: you should expect one) of "weird" games.

User avatar
Vino.Veritas

Bronze
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:24 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - End of Watch (Hopefully)

Postby Vino.Veritas » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:27 pm

Instrumental wrote:I really want to know how I did on that last game. Only section that has me worried because I was rushing and didn't get any inferences so I just brute forced everything.


Same. Last game completely killed me, I felt like I had no time to even think about inferences.

User avatar
34iplaw

Gold
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - End of Watch (Hopefully)

Postby 34iplaw » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:29 pm

Vino.Veritas wrote:
Instrumental wrote:I really want to know how I did on that last game. Only section that has me worried because I was rushing and didn't get any inferences so I just brute forced everything.


Same. Last game completely killed me, I felt like I had no time to even think about inferences.


Based on how I did last game, either -0 since it just clicked, or I did abysmally. Regardless of how I did on that game, I maintain that it was a poorly done game. If I did it correctly, the underlying logic of the game was way too easy but ridiculously obscure and hard to see... as in... game takes three minutes once you see the underlying logic.
Last edited by 34iplaw on Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Vino.Veritas

Bronze
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:24 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - End of Watch (Hopefully)

Postby Vino.Veritas » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:30 pm

I keep switching back and forth between refreshing this page, LSAC, and my undergraduate student portal to see if any of my grades are posted yet. Still no grades from a scantron exam I wrote 4 weeks ago. Almost makes LSAC look fast.

User avatar
Vino.Veritas

Bronze
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:24 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - End of Watch (Hopefully)

Postby Vino.Veritas » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:31 pm

34iplaw wrote:
Vino.Veritas wrote:
Instrumental wrote:I really want to know how I did on that last game. Only section that has me worried because I was rushing and didn't get any inferences so I just brute forced everything.


Same. Last game completely killed me, I felt like I had no time to even think about inferences.


Based on how I did last game, either -0 since it just clicked, or I did abysmally. Regardless of how I did on that game, I maintain that it was a poorly done game. If I did it correctly, the underlying logic of the game was way too easy but ridiculously obscure and hard to see... as in... game takes three minutes once you see the underlying logic.


Oh I have no doubt I went -4 on that game, easily. But I'll take that over the -6 I did on viruses in September.

Pozzo

Gold
Posts: 1907
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - End of Watch (Hopefully)

Postby Pozzo » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:31 pm

Was just talking about the last two games with my dad, put me into an absolute panic.

User avatar
Vino.Veritas

Bronze
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:24 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - End of Watch (Hopefully)

Postby Vino.Veritas » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:32 pm

Pozzo wrote:Was just talking about the last two games with my dad, put me into an absolute panic.


Join me

180orDie

New
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:23 am

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - End of Watch (Hopefully)

Postby 180orDie » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:34 pm

What is going on? Why is everyone getting all excited? Why the poll and title change?

User avatar
cherrygalore

Bronze
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:13 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - End of Watch (Hopefully)

Postby cherrygalore » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:35 pm

Vino.Veritas wrote:
Pozzo wrote:Was just talking about the last two games with my dad, put me into an absolute panic.


Join me


Already deep in it.

I told my mom I was stressed this am and she was sweet like "It'll be great whatever happens, you'll end up where you're meant to be!" and I was like "Uhhh ok so you're basically giving me a cop out because you think my score is going to be shit!?!? How can I believe in myself if you don't believe in me!?" So basically I'm insane this morning.

Pozzo

Gold
Posts: 1907
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - End of Watch (Hopefully)

Postby Pozzo » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:36 pm

180orDie wrote:What is going on? Why is everyone getting all excited? Why the poll and title change?

Killoran and MS9 both put today as most likely release date. Hope is a powerful thing.

User avatar
34iplaw

Gold
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - End of Watch (Hopefully)

Postby 34iplaw » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:38 pm

cherrygalore wrote:
Vino.Veritas wrote:
Pozzo wrote:Was just talking about the last two games with my dad, put me into an absolute panic.


Join me


Already deep in it.

I told my mom I was stressed this am and she was sweet like "It'll be great whatever happens, you'll end up where you're meant to be!" and I was like "Uhhh ok so you're basically giving me a cop out because you think my score is going to be shit!?!? How can I believe in myself if you don't believe in me!?" So basically I'm insane this morning.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Real talk though... I hate those sayings. With a passion. I was super close to some girl that always said that stuff. It drove me up the wall.

Legallylawyer2020

Bronze
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:26 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - End of Watch (Hopefully)

Postby Legallylawyer2020 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:38 pm

Lsac's offices closed December 24th and won't reopen until tomorrow (January 3rd) so I highly doubt we will get scores before tomorrow. This is from the message on LSAC's phone line when you try to reach an actual person.

User avatar
Vino.Veritas

Bronze
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:24 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - End of Watch (Hopefully)

Postby Vino.Veritas » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:39 pm

I still think it's going to be tomorrow, but knowing it could be today is making me nervous

User avatar
34iplaw

Gold
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - End of Watch (Hopefully)

Postby 34iplaw » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:39 pm

Pozzo wrote:
180orDie wrote:What is going on? Why is everyone getting all excited? Why the poll and title change?

Killoran and MS9 both put today as most likely release date. Hope is a powerful thing.


One may say that hope brings out audacity.

TBH - I could care less about today or tomorrow. It just makes focusing on wrapping up my applications SUPER hard.

User avatar
Vino.Veritas

Bronze
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:24 pm

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - End of Watch (Hopefully)

Postby Vino.Veritas » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:40 pm

34iplaw wrote:
cherrygalore wrote:
Vino.Veritas wrote:
Pozzo wrote:Was just talking about the last two games with my dad, put me into an absolute panic.


Join me


Already deep in it.

I told my mom I was stressed this am and she was sweet like "It'll be great whatever happens, you'll end up where you're meant to be!" and I was like "Uhhh ok so you're basically giving me a cop out because you think my score is going to be shit!?!? How can I believe in myself if you don't believe in me!?" So basically I'm insane this morning.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Real talk though... I hate those sayings. With a passion. I was super close to some girl that always said that stuff. It drove me up the wall.


Just because I'm "meant to be somewhere" doesn't mean I want to be there. THESE ARE NOT THE SAME THINGS



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests