THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - CONFIRMED GREY: 1/3/2017 @ 4:29EST

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get?

6%
175-179
6%
170-174
23%
165-169
27%
160-164
19%
155-159
9%
150-154
6%
120-149
5%

Total votes: 142

amta

Platinum

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Yeezy Taught Me How to Wait

Postby amta » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:19 pm

pretzeltime wrote:lol I feel like this is devolving into a (platonic) female to female appreciation situation. you're pretty!!!!!!! you're prettier!!!!!! omg you're so cute (I mean I'm not against it just saying)

IDK if I will PW. Once upon a time in my waiting days I did. Now as LS gets closer I'm trying to avoid being fucking recognized at my future law school lolol

(That sounds paranoid but it was recently brought to my attention that there are shitloads of lurkers who, like, lurk, and basically have a one-way friendship with me which is chill but like guys stop lurking)

:shock:

pretzeltime

Gold

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Yeezy Taught Me How to Wait

Postby pretzeltime » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:20 pm

haha well YOU should say hi Mikez, no question

pretzeltime

Gold

Postby pretzeltime » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:21 pm

amta wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:lol I feel like this is devolving into a (platonic) female to female appreciation situation. you're pretty!!!!!!! you're prettier!!!!!! omg you're so cute (I mean I'm not against it just saying)

IDK if I will PW. Once upon a time in my waiting days I did. Now as LS gets closer I'm trying to avoid being fucking recognized at my future law school lolol

(That sounds paranoid but it was recently brought to my attention that there are shitloads of lurkers who, like, lurk, and basically have a one-way friendship with me which is chill but like guys stop lurking)

:shock:

i really shouldnt have brought this up really regretting it lolol

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:25 pm

Last edited by Alexandros on Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

amta

Platinum

Postby amta » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:29 pm

i go around ghost adding TLSers on fb.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:30 pm

Alexandros wrote:Funny story:

WTF lol. Wait, but you knew the person on this other site?

pretzeltime

Gold

Postby pretzeltime » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:30 pm

Alexandros wrote:

Funny story: Got outed (via PM so not really outed but still) by a lurker who made the connection between moi here and moi on another social media platform from my 'writing stye.' (In case said individual is reading this - totally cool, no hard feelings!!)

eeek. that's super weird. welp.

*thread goes silent*

I mean it's chill, I like internet friends and whatnot, but when it's one-sided it's just awk. I'm already awk enough I don't need to compound it

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:31 pm

Alexandros wrote:

Funny story: Got outed (via PM so not really outed but still) by a lurker who made the connection between moi here and moi on another social media platform from my 'writing stye.' (In case said individual is reading this - totally cool, no hard feelings!!)

I got outed on another social media for the same thing as well. Damned my distinctive diction and style.

amta

Platinum

Postby amta » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:33 pm

if i was gonna be outted, its already happened.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:34 pm

pretzeltime wrote: I'm already awk enough I don't need to compound it

This, precisely.

Capt_Beatty

Bronze

Postby Capt_Beatty » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:36 pm

pretzeltime wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

*thread goes silent*

I mean it's chill, I like internet friends and whatnot, but when it's one-sided it's just awk. I'm already awk enough I don't need to compound it

I'm going to defer to my favorite comedian, Louis CK, in this awkward, social media-bloodletting, moment.

"Also please remember that the turning over of one year to another is a mental construct that bears no more weight than the things that keep us apart and in competitive categories as human beings. Time is not moving. You’re not losing or gaining ground. You’re not separate from “them” anymore than you’re separate from your own umbrella. It’s now, we’re us and this is here. If you’re in pain, this too shall pass. If you’re in luxury, this too shall pass. Ask an old lady how she’s doing. The internet is not real. Draw a picture on a napkin." - Louis CK

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:37 pm

cianchetta0 wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

*thread goes silent*

I'm going to defer to my favorite comedian, Louis CK, in this awkward, social media-bloodletting, moment.

"Also please remember that the turning over of one year to another is a mental construct that bears no more weight than the things that keep us apart and in competitive categories as human beings. Time is not moving. You’re not losing or gaining ground. You’re not separate from “them” anymore than you’re separate from your own umbrella. It’s now, we’re us and this is here. If you’re in pain, this too shall pass. If you’re in luxury, this too shall pass. Ask an old lady how she’s doing. The internet is not real. Draw a picture on a napkin." - Louis CK

Love Louis CK... he's like a blue collar version of Confucius with a comedic edge.

jonny27

Bronze

Postby jonny27 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:39 pm

cianchetta0 wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

*thread goes silent*

Sure, that's the way to look at the world if you don't believe that anything humans do has or creates meaning. Pretty depressing perspective if you ask me, more depressing than being green as a gelatin gummy bear (that's green)

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:40 pm

Mikey wrote:

Ah, well, depends how you define "knew."
I feel bad tho because maybe the person is reading this and feels weird now? I don't know who they are on TLS, so they could be, like, a regular on this thread. And everything's awkward now. nicely done Alex.
Anyhoo, I'll see myself out.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:41 pm

Alexandros wrote:
Mikey wrote:

Ah, well, depends how you define "knew."
I feel bad tho because maybe the person is reading this and feels weird now? I don't know who they are on TLS, so they could be, like, a regular on this thread. And everything's awkward now. nicely done Alex.
Anyhoo, I'll see myself out.

Lol nah, it's probs not weird.. I mean the situation is a bit weird but idk lol.

stay baby girl

pretzeltime

Gold

Postby pretzeltime » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:41 pm

guys I'm really sorry that I took a perfectly nice afternoon in the waiter's thread and spun it into an awkward cyclone of awkwardness. I'm going back to SimCity now bai

amta

Platinum

Postby amta » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:42 pm

are your apps in alex?

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:44 pm

pretzeltime wrote:guys I'm really sorry that I took a perfectly nice afternoon in the waiter's thread and spun it into an awkward cyclone of awkwardness. I'm going back to SimCity now bai

Mikey wrote:stay baby girl

Capt_Beatty

Bronze

Postby Capt_Beatty » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:47 pm

jonny27 wrote:
cianchetta0 wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

*thread goes silent*

Sure, that's the way to look at the world if you don't believe that anything humans do has or creates meaning. Pretty depressing perspective if you ask me, more depressing than being green as a gelatin gummy bear (that's green)

Well, there's no refuting Louis is a self-admitted depressed person, like most comics. But I don't think this is passage is depressing, although that could show how low my base level is for depressive/optimistic sentiments. I think it's more about not losing sight of the moment or the fact that we humans are a collection of experiences bound by our minds and not necessarily the passage of time, be it years or whatever. Meaning therefore is independent of say, your graduation in 2014 and your marriage in 2019, rather it affirms your being in the here and now.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:48 pm

amta wrote:are your apps in alex?

Nah, I'll be c/o 2021 or 2022.

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:51 pm

Just got Starbucks. No holiday cup!
Wtf is up with this WAR ON CHRISTMAS!

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:52 pm

Rigo wrote:Just got Starbucks. No holiday cup!

what did ya get!?!

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:53 pm

cianchetta0 wrote:
jonny27 wrote:
cianchetta0 wrote:

Well, there's no refuting Louis is a self-admitted depressed person, like most comics. But I don't think this is passage is depressing, although that could show how low my base level is for depressive/optimistic sentiments. I think it's more about not losing sight of the moment or the fact that we humans are a collection of experiences bound by our minds and not necessarily the passage of time, be it years or whatever. Meaning therefore is independent of say, your graduation in 2014 and your marriage in 2019, rather it affirms your being in the here and now.

I kind of agree with your interpretation. I also tend to loathe any quote that is deterministic in nature... which I don't really feel is present in this.

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:53 pm

I think I'm done applying to schools this cycle. Well, waiting for Berkeley fee waiver but will probably submit next week even if I don't get one.

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:53 pm

Mikey wrote:
Rigo wrote:Just got Starbucks. No holiday cup!

what did ya get!?!

Tall drip coffee.
Sitting here and getting free refill after free refill.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?