THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - CONFIRMED GREY: 1/3/2017 @ 4:29EST

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get?

6%
175-179
6%
170-174
23%
165-169
27%
160-164
19%
155-159
9%
150-154
6%
120-149
5%

Total votes: 142

Shakawkaw

Gold

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Yeezy Taught Me How to Wait

Postby Shakawkaw » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:33 am

pretzeltime wrote:Lot of sad Cava-drinking.

I lost it at my desk rn. Thank you.

Mikey

Platinum

Re: THE [OFFICIAL] The Official December 2016 Waiters' Thread - Yeezy Taught Me How to Wait

Postby Mikey » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:36 am

pretzeltime wrote:
Hi fellers!!!!!!!

I guess slaying is always relative but I am doing pretty well! Feelin grateful if not a little impatient too. Waiting on a few places and no $ info yet for the schools I'm in at (sorryyyy to end a sentence with a preposition ok). So I'm like.............. :?: shrug :?: Not that I can complain too much to *yall* about waiting. Ha. (Don't really post publicly about my cycle but inquiring minds can always PM me. My admissions cycle I mean. Always down to publicly discuss my menstrual cycle)

Holidays were a great distraction but now I'm in my office alone and could hear a pin drop, so it's back to thinking about LS. And taking care of my SimCity obviously.

Are y'all hanging in there alright? My first LSAT was last Dec and Dec waiting through the holidays was pretty brutal. Lot of sad Cava-drinking.

I'm sure you'll get some really good money from a few places given your LSAT score. It's good that you've gotten into places though, hopefully places that you're happy with.

I'm not a waiter, I'm just here bc why not ;P

Also, in regard to the bolded.. Pls elaborate.

jk :shock: :shock:

pretzeltime

Gold

Postby pretzeltime » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:36 am

:D
Last edited by pretzeltime on Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pretzeltime

Gold

Postby pretzeltime » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:38 am

Last edited by pretzeltime on Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:38 am

Shakawkaw wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:
This is too real. I asked a Prof. who I'm really close with two YEARS ago. I reminded him again this past summer. Then in September. Then he has the gall to ask me to grab drinks while he's in town.

At this point, I've given up asking him. He's incredibly busy and scatterbrained.

Still mad about it. Bother the professor.

Two years, whoa.. I have a prof who I asked back in May for one, back and forth emails during the summer confirming she still wanted to do it, now she's no where to be found and doesn't even teach at my school anymore. Same situation with the same prof as my other friend who asked her for a lor

Mostly mad because I straight up told him if he couldn't do it, to let me know so I have enough time to ask someone else and he kept insisting he would do it. At least you're still in UG Mikey 8)

Fuck it, ask another prof for a letter and if he ends up giving you one then just use them all ;) haha

Yeah I'm getting another prof to write me my second letter now, Screw the other prof, even though idk what happened to her lol

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:43 am

pretzeltime wrote:
Mikey wrote:I'm sure you'll get some really good money from a few places given your LSAT score. It's good that you've gotten into places though, hopefully places that you're happy with.

I'm not a waiter, I'm just here bc why not ;P

Also, in regard to the bolded.. Pls elaborate.

jk :shock: :shock:

Thx! yeah I'm super excited about some of the schools don't get me wrong, it's all just up in the air for the next few months presumably.

I will not elaborate. For now.

Yeah for sure. You're gonna end up at yehl anyways soooo.

Hope your cycles continue to go well!

cherrygalore

Bronze

Postby cherrygalore » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:45 am

Shakawkaw wrote:

Same, but Prosecco.

BobBoblaw

Bronze

Postby BobBoblaw » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:52 am

Guys, scores are totes gonna come out today.

pretzeltime

Gold

Postby pretzeltime » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:53 am

cherrygalore wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:

Same, but Prosecco.

Anything under $13.99 is chill with me. Love a prosecco/aperol moment.

Shakawkaw

Gold

Postby Shakawkaw » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:54 am

pretzeltime wrote:
cherrygalore wrote:Same, but Prosecco.

Anything under $13.99 is chill with me. Love a prosecco/aperol moment.

Aperol spritz all day bbz. 8)

Shakawkaw

Gold

Postby Shakawkaw » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:55 am

Cherry, how's NYC treating ya?

cherrygalore

Bronze

Postby cherrygalore » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:58 am

Shakawkaw wrote:Cherry, how's NYC treating ya?

It was great, just got back to LA last night and I'm happy to be home, but I had the best time!

pretzeltime

Gold

Postby pretzeltime » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:08 pm

Last edited by pretzeltime on Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kinch08

Bronze

Postby Kinch08 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:09 pm

damn, I didn't even know 12/31 was a serious possibility, Killoran tweeted something a while back saying that there was a 60% chance of Jan. 2, 30% of 1/3, and 10% of 1/4. I got the impression that there was some hard reason for it not to be earlier. Let's go Spiveeeeeeeeeeeey

Shakawkaw

Gold

Postby Shakawkaw » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:36 pm

Currently editing resume to make it law school friendly.

Are you guys including employment from HS? Specifically, I worked at law firms so wondering if it's relevant or if it should be nixed.

Thank you <3 <3

ETA - what's the consensus on putting you LSAC number on resumes? The examples offered on HLS website didn't have it. 8)

Pozzo

Gold

Postby Pozzo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:40 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:Currently editing resume to make it law school friendly.

Are you guys including employment from HS? Specifically, I worked at law firms so wondering if it's relevant or if it should be nixed.

Thank you <3 <3

ETA - what's the consensus on putting you LSAC number on resumes? The examples offered on HLS website didn't have it. 8)

I'd nix it. Unless of course there's some super huge impressive project that you substantively contributed to. Then you could maybe keep it.

As for LSAC number on resume, I'm including.

Shakawkaw

Gold

Postby Shakawkaw » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:45 pm

Pozzo wrote:

Thank you <3 <3

I'd nix it. Unless of course there's some super huge impressive project that you substantively contributed to. Then you could maybe keep it.

Thanks Pozzo. I just don't know how to put it in without making the formatting look awkward.

em15

Bronze

Postby em15 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:47 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:
Pozzo wrote:

Thank you <3 <3

Thanks Pozzo. I just don't know how to put it in without making the formatting look awkward.

Do you have a spot at the top with your email/phone/address? I was thinking of putting my LSAC number up there.

cherrygalore

Bronze

Postby cherrygalore » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:50 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:
Pozzo wrote:

Thank you <3 <3

Put it up top under your name
Last edited by cherrygalore on Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shakawkaw

Gold

Postby Shakawkaw » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:53 pm

cherrygalore wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:
Pozzo wrote:

Thank you <3 <3

Put it up top under your name

Does your PS mention any of that work experience? If they were full projects, I'd put it down - why not? If that's your full time job since graduation, that counts as your employment experience. I feel like you're grappling with the stigma of whether that field is considered a job, and hell yeah it is.

em15

Bronze

Postby em15 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:54 pm

Cherry, I think if it has been 2 years, you need to include it so there hasn't been that big of a gap in your resume. I think it would be fine to put acting and modeling. It may even make you stand out because that's different. If it had only been 6 months or so, I'd say it would be fine to omit cause you could have just been studying LSAT and applying to jobs and whatnot

amta

Platinum

Postby amta » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:55 pm

go vote in the TLS awards 2016. N e b b y for mod of the year.

RParadela

Silver

Postby RParadela » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:58 pm

Shit. I was pretty content ignoring my possible score release until January 2nd and now I have to start on NYE :cry:

Pozzo

Gold

Postby Pozzo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:59 pm

em15 wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:
Pozzo wrote:

Thank you <3 <3

Do you have a spot at the top with your email/phone/address? I was thinking of putting my LSAC number up there.

I did it like this:

[+] Spoiler

em15

Bronze

Postby em15 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:04 pm

^^ brewpub for the win

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?