Just starting what LSAT materials?

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
trooper10538

New

Just starting what LSAT materials?

Postby trooper10538 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:34 am

I am a 49 year old male, who has 17 years experience as a Texas State Trooper. I'm currently going through the process of retiring due to two back surgeries. I am no longer able to wear all the equipment etc. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice with a GPA of 3.90. I will be considering University of Texas Law, University of Houston Law, South Texas College of Law and Saint Mary's Law in San Antonio. UT is my best option because I would not have to move. I am considering the February test, but also the June test. What material would you suggest I purchase? Are the classes available worth the expense? Thanks for any input. Ed

Alexandros

Platinum

Re: Just starting what LSAT materials?

Postby Alexandros » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:02 am

For textbooks - you can't go wrong with either Powerscore or Manhattan. The LSAT Trainer is also excellent.
7sage (an internet resource) is also often recommended, though I didn't use the paid version myself so I can't speak to it.
I don't think a course is necessary / worth it if you have the motivation and drive to self-teach.

Dcc617

Gold

Re: Just starting what LSAT materials?

Postby Dcc617 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:08 am

trooper10538 wrote:I am a 49 year old male, who has 17 years experience as a Texas State Trooper. I'm currently going through the process of retiring due to two back surgeries. I am no longer able to wear all the equipment etc. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice with a GPA of 3.90. I will be considering University of Texas Law, University of Houston Law, South Texas College of Law and Saint Mary's Law in San Antonio. UT is my best option because I would not have to move. I am considering the February test, but also the June test. What material would you suggest I purchase? Are the classes available worth the expense? Thanks for any input. Ed

I used Blueprint LSAT's online course. I bought it on sale and it was super helpful for me, probably because I was working full time and so needed more directed review.

They mostly helped with logic games. But see how you progress with self study first.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�