Just "finished" my TestMasters Lesson 1 Homework... Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
demogorgon

New

Just "finished" my TestMasters Lesson 1 Homework...

Post by demogorgon » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:42 pm

And I've never felt so lost.

I needed to refer to the answer key for almost every question (LR and LG). I've watched and re-watched the videos on their website, gone over my notes a thousand times, and I'm still unable to absorb this stuff. Every time I feel I've got a handle on things, a question comes along that throws a curveball of some sort and I have to guiltily look up the explanation just to ensure that I'm diagramming the conditional statement properly, or using the transitive property correctly. Ugh, it's so discouraging.

Sorry for the whining but I'm about to attend my second official in-class meeting and needed a release. :oops:

(Also, hi. Long-time lurker, first-time poster.)

Walliums

Silver

Re: Just "finished" my TestMasters Lesson 1 Homework...

Post by Walliums » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:54 pm

Without knowing anything about Testmasters, I would encourage you to try a free trial of 7sage to check out their curriculum :)

demogorgon

New

Post by demogorgon » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:10 pm

Walliums wrote:Without knowing anything about Testmasters, I would encourage you to try a free trial of 7sage to check out their curriculum :)
I've heard the name mentioned here and there but isn't it web only? I always felt I'd slack off if I didn't have the structure of a live course. But I'll check it out for sure.

Thanks for the response!

sethnoorzad

New

Post by sethnoorzad » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:21 pm

Don't sweat it. I felt the same way when starting.

Don't beat yourself up for going back to look at the answers. Eventually it will come but at first getting the solutions from the answer key will be the way to learn.

I felt the same way when starting. I wanted to learn to do it by myself and got a little frustrated when I couldn't, which was all the time near the beginning. Just keep going back to the answer keys and absorb as much as you can. GL

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:59 pm

It's day one out of maybe HUNDREDS. You'll get it, don't worry!
7sage said it perfectly when the LSAT tests you on things that you know, but just aren't familiar with. Once you start working out these "muscles", it will come to you.

"Rome wasn't built in a day." :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

demogorgon

New

Post by demogorgon » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:39 pm

Aw, thanks for the responses guys. I feel a little better now. :D

I think what freaked me out is that a lot of the people in the class seemed to be taking TM as a kind of supplement to their own personal studies whereas I was a total newbie.

I've spent the past day looking for 7Sage and I really like it thus far. Would the 6-month plan be a worthy investment? There's no way I will be fully prepared for the February test but June seems doable.

Tazewell

Bronze

Post by Tazewell » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:51 pm

demogorgon wrote:Aw, thanks for the responses guys. I feel a little better now. :D

I think what freaked me out is that a lot of the people in the class seemed to be taking TM as a kind of supplement to their own personal studies whereas I was a total newbie.

I've spent the past day looking for 7Sage and I really like it thus far. Would the 6-month plan be a worthy investment? There's no way I will be fully prepared for the February test but June seems doable.
I went through TestMasters and wish I would had done it the way you plan on doing it. TestMasters was great, but I needed another month or two.

Since it's early, really make sure you nail down sufficient and necessary conditions and which words indicate which one. Diagram all the homework problems you can because it'll really help with this. Also, make sure you do the homework. Some people in my class would do the first 20 problems then said they got it, and moved on then would complain after a PT about how they did poorly. It's a huge volume of problems, but do them all!

Also, since you plan on taking in June, save those supplemental practice tests they give you. Take the 6 they proctor for you, and maybe 1 or 2 extra, but when you're a month out from your June test date, you'll really want those later dated practice test to give you a true gauge. I burnt through those and regretted it.

I loved TestMasters and it helped me tremendously. Just stick with it, do the drills, and you'll be fine! If you have any TestMaster specific questions, feel free to PM me. Good luck!

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:00 am

Tazewell wrote:
demogorgon wrote:Aw, thanks for the responses guys. I feel a little better now. :D

I went through TestMasters and wish I would had done it the way you plan on doing it. TestMasters was great, but I needed another month or two.

Since it's early, really make sure you nail down sufficient and necessary conditions and which words indicate which one. Diagram all the homework problems you can because it'll really help with this. Also, make sure you do the homework. Some people in my class would do the first 20 problems then said they got it, and moved on then would complain after a PT about how they did poorly. It's a huge volume of problems, but do them all!

Also, since you plan on taking in June, save those supplemental practice tests they give you. Take the 6 they proctor for you, and maybe 1 or 2 extra, but when you're a month out from your June test date, you'll really want those later dated practice test to give you a true gauge. I burnt through those and regretted it.

I loved TestMasters and it helped me tremendously. Just stick with it, do the drills, and you'll be fine! If you have any TestMaster specific questions, feel free to PM me. Good luck!
Ditto. One thing is they do revoke your access the second you take your test which really rubbed me the wrong way to be entirely honest. Use academic support frequently. They are definitely the best part of Testmasters.

Tazewell

Bronze

Post by Tazewell » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:22 am

34iplaw wrote:
Tazewell wrote:

Ditto. One thing is they do revoke your access the second you take your test which really rubbed me the wrong way to be entirely honest. Use academic support frequently. They are definitely the best part of Testmasters.
Yes, should have mentioned that! Really pissed me off too. I knew they would do it though so I just wrote all the right answers down on a legal pad so I could go back and check the answers. Definitely make sure you do that. The sheer volume of test questions they give you is honestly their biggest asset, so make sure you dot all the answers down like a week before the course ends. You don't have to do this for the practice tests you didn't use though because you can grade them on 7sage for free.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:17 am

I used 7Sage (bought the $500 something package/ i forget the details) but I remember that it was worth every penny. Amazing course not only because of the material but also because of the structure. It helps you study on your own/discover your weaknesses/improve on them/maximize your study time/make your own study plan. I did blueprint and although that was great for a general overview of the LSAT, 7Sage lets you fine-tune your studying to the minute details.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”