The Official June 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

DOLPHINS, ARE YOU READY TO CRUSH THIS TEST?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:54 pm

FU%# YES!!!
28%
F#$k YES!!!
15%
FEAR MY BOTTLE SHAPED NOSE!!!
56%

Total votes: 39

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:22 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:Well not intro to Fin Acc but an upper level FAR and Tax class, and then on the math side Calc 2

damn they made you take 2? for accounting? wtf I went up to 3 which was a bad move because I got a C (I was burnt out on stem, took 18 credits of that shit in one semester).

I miss UG tho. bouncing majors, not knowing what was next; everything was just, chaos and fun. now it is too structured, I wish I could have it back but doubt I ever will.

Hahaha well said! I knew what I wanted to do, but everything really was just fun and chaos

No for Accounting at my school, it was just business calc that you had to do. I wnted to make myself more competitive so i was thinking about adding Applied math as a minor. I thought i was badass enough to handle my true first really hard semester of college by taking upper level maths and accounting at the same time. Truly, finance wasn't nearly as difficult.a joke comparatively. I didnt finish the Applied Math minor because my schedule would have just been too ridiculous to get all 3 subjects in on time for graduation. And then of course still later on in school, I had some 1-off bad professors or shit grades for one reason or another ;( aka I did well, but really banking on TOP GUN LSAT Score

i can relate to the thinking you're hardcore enough to take a shit load of hard classes and pull off a 4.0.. did not work for me lol.

I feel like the fact that (and I'm presuming here) neither of us have a 3.8+ actually drives us a little more to get that 175+ since it is a ticket to low debt pretty much. oh please medians, drop again for the love of God make a high lsat worth its weight in gold. I saw a 3.9 169 get dillard, I wonder if the inverse is true as well.

Exactly. *Prayer Hands* PLEEASEE

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:29 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:Well not intro to Fin Acc but an upper level FAR and Tax class, and then on the math side Calc 2

damn they made you take 2? for accounting? wtf I went up to 3 which was a bad move because I got a C (I was burnt out on stem, took 18 credits of that shit in one semester).

I miss UG tho. bouncing majors, not knowing what was next; everything was just, chaos and fun. now it is too structured, I wish I could have it back but doubt I ever will.

Hahaha well said! I knew what I wanted to do, but everything really was just fun and chaos

No for Accounting at my school, it was just business calc that you had to do. I wnted to make myself more competitive so i was thinking about adding Applied math as a minor. I thought i was badass enough to handle my true first really hard semester of college by taking upper level maths and accounting at the same time. Truly, finance wasn't nearly as difficult.a joke comparatively. I didnt finish the Applied Math minor because my schedule would have just been too ridiculous to get all 3 subjects in on time for graduation. And then of course still later on in school, I had some 1-off bad professors or shit grades for one reason or another ;( aka I did well, but really banking on TOP GUN LSAT Score

i can relate to the thinking you're hardcore enough to take a shit load of hard classes and pull off a 4.0.. did not work for me lol.

I feel like the fact that (and I'm presuming here) neither of us have a 3.8+ actually drives us a little more to get that 175+ since it is a ticket to low debt pretty much. oh please medians, drop again for the love of God make a high lsat worth its weight in gold. I saw a 3.9 169 get dillard, I wonder if the inverse is true as well.

Exactly. *Prayer Hands* PLEEASEE

i wouldn't be suprised if they fell at 1/2 the T14 and stagnated at the rest. we shall find out whenever MS9 tells up, MS9 bless.

Walliums

Silver

Postby Walliums » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:55 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

This. Just hoping that I can pair my savings with a decent scholly to be debt free (or really close to it).

Walliums

Silver

Postby Walliums » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:05 pm

Last edited by Walliums on Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

saf18hornet

Bronze

Postby saf18hornet » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:28 pm

Walliums wrote:Guys I was just playing with LSN and wondering, what's considered non-trad? I'm married and about four years out of undergrad in a non-law career field. And is it a good thing to be non-trad?

I would like to think non-traditional means anyone with 3 or 4 years of WE who's been around long enough to get promoted and actually learn something. Though I think many folks would say anyone who isn't K-JD is considered non-trad?

Northwestern says "90% of our students have 1 year or more of WE." I mean, really, what does 1 year of work really teach you..... oh I know, nothing. So i'm not sure what benefits you get in your shoes, though I'm hoping an admissions officer would say, wow, married and 4 years out, we want people like that here, lets give them some scholarship money.
P.S. I'm married with 2 kids and 8 years out, so I'm biased! :)

greatspirit

Bronze

Postby greatspirit » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:29 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
greatspirit wrote:Thoughts on 7sage's "foolproof" LG review method? I just did a logic game I went 5/6 on...and I feel it may be tedious for me to try the whole thing over again.

It reminds me of PP's method (I've said that so much, I'm sorry for sounding like a broken record) but I find 10 shots to be too much, like you'll remember #5 is C so you didn't really get the mechanics. I think 3-4 times is idea for getting it and if it is a bitch game, print it out 2 times to review later in the studying.

Very good tip. Thank you!

greatspirit

Bronze

Postby greatspirit » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:33 pm

AaronRodgers wrote:I did not realize how absolutely insane debt slavery paying law school sticker prices were until I did the repayment plans for a theoretical case over time. Jesus Christ.

If I am unfortunate enough to end up paying sticker at the law school I end up attending, I'm treating it like a "first mortgage" of sorts, and not getting a second one till I'm at least mid 40s :/
Last edited by greatspirit on Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

saf18hornet

Bronze

Postby saf18hornet » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:51 pm

So which one of these is LSDAS? I'm assuming cumulative (not that mine make any difference whatsoever.

Degree (Summary) GPA: 3.51
Cumulative GPA: 3.50

Oddly enough my university GPA was a 3.49 and we don't have A+ or any of that nonsense. Seems like LSAC doesn't know how to math.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:39 pm

saf18hornet wrote:So which one of these is LSDAS? I'm assuming cumulative (not that mine make any difference whatsoever.

Degree (Summary) GPA: 3.51
Cumulative GPA: 3.50

Oddly enough my university GPA was a 3.49 and we don't have A+ or any of that nonsense. Seems like LSAC doesn't know how to math.

Cumulative is your LSAC GPA

PrezRand

Gold

Postby PrezRand » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:55 pm

First RC section done in about a month. Missed 2. Feeling pretty optimistic about getting this down

saf18hornet

Bronze

Postby saf18hornet » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:39 pm

PrezRand wrote:First RC section done in about a month. Missed 2. Feeling pretty optimistic about getting this down

Awesome! And you've just been going through the Trainer's schedule since your last section, right?

PrezRand

Gold

Postby PrezRand » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:42 pm

saf18hornet wrote:
PrezRand wrote:First RC section done in about a month. Missed 2. Feeling pretty optimistic about getting this down

Awesome! And you've just been going through the Trainer's schedule since your last section, right?

No lol. I've just drilled questions in the tests released.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:16 pm

saf18hornet wrote:
Walliums wrote:Guys I was just playing with LSN and wondering, what's considered non-trad? I'm married and about four years out of undergrad in a non-law career field. And is it a good thing to be non-trad?

I would like to think non-traditional means anyone with 3 or 4 years of WE who's been around long enough to get promoted and actually learn something. Though I think many folks would say anyone who isn't K-JD is considered non-trad?

Northwestern says "90% of our students have 1 year or more of WE." I mean, really, what does 1 year of work really teach you..... oh I know, nothing. So i'm not sure what benefits you get in your shoes, though I'm hoping an admissions officer would say, wow, married and 4 years out, we want people like that here, lets give them some scholarship money.
P.S. I'm married with 2 kids and 8 years out, so I'm biased! :)

Yeah non-traditional is def a good thing. IF you look at stats of any T14 including HYS and I looked at H specifically: IIRC64% is 2+ yrs removed and 38% was 3+ yrs. I cant remember the exact metrics but it seems numbers aren't as life/death when youve had work experience and have a longer resume than just Highschool, College in the same Arts & Sciences major that every kid chooses knowing he/she wants to go to law school. At the end of the day they want people from diverse backgrounds w/ diverse experiences to bring to their classroom and hold lively discussions. Also, they want passionate alumni and your willingness to learn and contribute on all fronts.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:26 pm

I hate you

good shit though!

PrezRand

Gold

Postby PrezRand » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:33 pm

Mikey wrote:

I hate you

good shit though!

LOL ur doing better than me

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:49 pm

PrezRand wrote:
Mikey wrote:

I hate you

good shit though!

You went -2 on RC. I can't even do that as BR lol

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:34 pm

I'm actually a little melancholy that I'm almost done with the Trainer. Don't get me wrong I want to drill heavy LG/RC again, but the Trainer has a very smooth reading where I feel like I could sit for 12 hours and read the whole thing.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:56 pm

Just did an RC section, -6 FML

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:20 pm

Mikey wrote:Just did an RC section, -6 FML

dood der is over 4 months until the test, u prolly can't improve. am sory :(

Seriously tho, you can bring that up to -2 in 1.5 months :/

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:41 pm

dj9i27 wrote:

we'll see. I feel like -5 or so would be the best I do on RC and tbh, if I go like -2 LR, -0 LG, -5/-6 RC, I'd be pretty happy.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:43 pm

Mikey wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

we'll see. I feel like -5 or so would be the best I do on RC and tbh, if I go like -2 LR, -0 LG, -5/-6 RC, I'd be pretty happy.

No, you will be happy with -0 and content with -2. You're goal breakdown should be:

LG: -0
LR1: -0
LR2: -1
RC: -1

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:10 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

No, you will be happy with -0 and content with -2. You're goal breakdown should be:

truuuuuuuuu

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:26 pm

Mikey wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

truuuuuuuuu

Im bout dat -2 overall life...beleeeeeee DAT

PrezRand

Gold

Postby PrezRand » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:46 am

Mikey wrote:
PrezRand wrote:
Mikey wrote:

I hate you

good shit though!

You went -2 on RC. I can't even do that as BR lol

I'll probably choke and go -15 on LR

Side note: One of my friends in Kentucky is taking the LSAT this week and has yet to study lmao

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?