The Official June 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

DOLPHINS, ARE YOU READY TO CRUSH THIS TEST?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:54 pm

FU%# YES!!!
28%
F#$k YES!!!
15%
FEAR MY BOTTLE SHAPED NOSE!!!
56%

Total votes: 39

dj9i27

Gold

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:22 pm

greatspirit wrote:Thoughts on 7sage's "foolproof" LG review method? I just did a logic game I went 5/6 on...and I feel it may be tedious for me to try the whole thing over again.

It reminds me of PP's method (I've said that so much, I'm sorry for sounding like a broken record) but I find 10 shots to be too much, like you'll remember #5 is C so you didn't really get the mechanics. I think 3-4 times is idea for getting it and if it is a bitch game, print it out 2 times to review later in the studying.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:24 pm

At the gym today I cycled post-lift and burnt 180 cals on the dot. Didnt realize until i was done... #180lifestyle

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:33 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:At the gym today I cycled post-lift and burnt 180 cals on the dot. Didnt realize until i was done... #180lifestyle

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:36 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:At the gym today I cycled post-lift and burnt 180 cals on the dot. Didnt realize until i was done... #180lifestyle

Lmfao gotta shred down...sometimes cardio happens bro

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:19 pm

Was going to muscle through the Trainer and finish it today, decided not to since I would have just flaked through the last 5 or so chapters. Being said, I went back and did the alleged "4 really hard LG questions" and missed 2.... those are not the stupid new games so at least I still have some of my LG prowess. Opening the big folder titled, "BASIC/ADVANCED LINEAR" next week, along with PT 7-20 for dat dere RC and LR; the wheels are finally turning again.

Jager, you are wrong. Cardio is the devil and shall not be a tool ever, just bench/squat/deadlift for 20 or so reps and 4 sets. there, cardio. Might just start baby bulking again, I want to DL 500....

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:24 pm

dj9i27 wrote:Was going to muscle through the Trainer and finish it today, decided not to since I would have just flaked through the last 5 or so chapters. Being said, I went back and did the alleged "4 really hard LG questions" and missed 2.... those are not the stupid new games so at least I still have some of my LG prowess. Opening the big folder titled, "BASIC/ADVANCED LINEAR" next week, along with PT 7-20 for dat dere RC and LR; the wheels are finally turning again.

Jager, you are wrong. Cardio is the devil and shall not be a tool ever, just bench/squat/deadlift for 20 or so reps and 4 sets. there, cardio. Might just start baby bulking again, I want to DL 500....

Haha fair enough... And, Nice progress on the trainer. I'm going to pick back up to speed tomorrow morning and finish it by the end of this week. moving back into my apt and starting school again slowed things down, but I'll get back on track.

AaronRodgers

New

Postby AaronRodgers » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:27 pm

I did not realize how absolutely insane debt slavery paying law school sticker prices were until I did the repayment plans for a theoretical case over time. Jesus Christ.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:28 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:Was going to muscle through the Trainer and finish it today, decided not to since I would have just flaked through the last 5 or so chapters. Being said, I went back and did the alleged "4 really hard LG questions" and missed 2.... those are not the stupid new games so at least I still have some of my LG prowess. Opening the big folder titled, "BASIC/ADVANCED LINEAR" next week, along with PT 7-20 for dat dere RC and LR; the wheels are finally turning again.

Haha fair enough... And, Nice progress on the trainer. I'm going to pick back up to speed tomorrow morning and finish it by the end of this week. moving back into my apt and starting school again slowed things down, but I'll get back on track.

I just moved too, sleeping on an air mattress and using clothes out of a banana box until Thursday :/

At least I didn't forget the Trainer; I personally don't mind until waiting until the official 4 month date.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:32 pm

AaronRodgers wrote:I did not realize how absolutely insane debt slavery paying law school sticker prices were until I did the repayment plans for a theoretical case over time. Jesus Christ.

http://www.law.virginia.edu/html/academics/awards.htm

After reading this, please LSAC Gods grant me with a 177+ so that may b i cen haz dillard.

AaronRodgers

New

Postby AaronRodgers » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:34 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
AaronRodgers wrote:I did not realize how absolutely insane debt slavery paying law school sticker prices were until I did the repayment plans for a theoretical case over time. Jesus Christ.

After reading this, please LSAC Gods grant me with a 177+ so that may b i cen haz dillard.

I could possibly get into Harvard, and when I first found that out I was like - Dayum!

Then I realized, they don't give out scholarships. At least, worst case scenario, I'm looking at WUSTL at near full scholly. Well, actual worst case scenario is not going to law school, but w/e

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:40 pm

AaronRodgers wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

I could possibly get into Harvard, and when I first found that out I was like - Dayum!

Then I realized, they don't give out scholarships. At least, worst case scenario, I'm looking at WUSTL at near full scholly. Well, actual worst case scenario is not going to law school, but w/e

Yeahhh, Harvard isn't happening for me; the bet that I will tattoo my LSAT score on me barring an acceptance still stands. Being said if you have HYS stats, you're more than eligible for a T14 full ride, dude.

These people are my goals (I'd like more $$$ tho, even if it is 5g)
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/CalSplitter13
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/Dxgriffin

AaronRodgers

New

Postby AaronRodgers » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:45 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
AaronRodgers wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Yeahhh, Harvard isn't happening for me; the bet that I will tattoo my LSAT score on me barring an acceptance still stands. Being said if you have HYS stats, you're more than eligible for a T14 full ride, dude.

I would slide in at sticker, my GPA really isn't that high at all.

I don't think I will get a full ride, but I do hope for one at a lower T-14. Still, those examples you gave a pretty dang good.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:46 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
AaronRodgers wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

I haven't looked yet at calculating my LSDAS GPA, but I didn't think it was substantially different, but for example "CalSplitter13"s was. Why might that be?

AaronRodgers

New

Postby AaronRodgers » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:50 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
AaronRodgers wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

I haven't looked yet at calculating my LSDAS GPA, but I didn't think it was substantially different, but for example "CalSplitter13"s was. Why might that be?

A lot of schools calculate GPA in a way that, say, you retake a class you got a D or F in and those don't count anymore, but for LSAC it does. Some schools weight classes weird too.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:50 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
AaronRodgers wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

possibility of grade inflation at his U (i.e. B+=3.5 instead of 3.33) or maybe he fucked around in HS dual enrollment classes and his U GPA is strictly Fresh-Sr.?

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:51 pm

AaronRodgers wrote:I would slide in at sticker, my GPA really isn't that high at all.

I don't think I will get a full ride, but I do hope for one at a lower T-14. Still, those examples you gave a pretty dang good.

i mean my gpa is pretty bad (slightly higher than the ones I listed) which leads me to believe I can pull 3/4+ with a high lsat and good negotiations (plus a lot of luck).

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:52 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
AaronRodgers wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

possibility of grade inflation at his U (i.e. B+=3.5 instead of 3.33) or maybe he fucked around in HS dual enrollment classes and his U GPA is strictly Fresh-Sr.?

Ahh okay, mine should be pretty spot on to what my graduating GPA will be then. B+ for me was a 3.25 .... and I crushed HS Dual enrollment so that should help me actually some

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:53 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
AaronRodgers wrote:I would slide in at sticker, my GPA really isn't that high at all.

i mean my gpa is pretty bad (slightly higher than the ones I listed) which leads me to believe I can pull 3/4+ with a high lsat and good negotiations (plus a lot of luck).

Ya definitely. I dont think its truly THAT rigid and luck/opportunity is a lot of it.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:57 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Ya definitely. I dont think its truly THAT rigid and luck/opportunity is a lot of it.

Your lsac gpa is going to be higher than your u gpa then lol. *envy boils

I have a lot of softs in my corner, so hopefully that'll pull through. not to mention fucking orgo ii and physics are what murked my gpa so if it is bought up I can be like, "um yeah I was dumb neuroscience :/"

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:59 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

I have a lot of softs in my corner, so hopefully that'll pull through. not to mention fucking orgo ii and physics are what murked my gpa so if it is bought up I can be like, "um yeah I was dumb neuroscience :/"

*rubs hands * that should be good. Haha yeah I was Accounting & Finance and didn't finish but nearly also Applied Math minor so from Accounting and AM i def have some tough classes too that fucked me

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:01 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

*rubs hands * that should be good. Haha yeah I was Accounting & Finance and didn't finish but nearly also Applied Math minor so from Accounting and AM i def have some tough classes too that fucked me

shot in the dark, financial accounting and business calc?

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:02 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

shot in the dark, financial accounting and business calc?

Well not intro to Fin Acc but an upper level FAR and Tax class, and then on the math side Calc 2

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:06 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:Well not intro to Fin Acc but an upper level FAR and Tax class, and then on the math side Calc 2

damn they made you take 2? for accounting? wtf I went up to 3 which was a bad move because I got a C (I was burnt out on stem, took 18 credits of that shit in one semester).

I miss UG tho. bouncing majors, not knowing what was next; everything was just, chaos and fun. now it is too structured, I wish I could have it back but doubt I ever will.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:13 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:Well not intro to Fin Acc but an upper level FAR and Tax class, and then on the math side Calc 2

damn they made you take 2? for accounting? wtf I went up to 3 which was a bad move because I got a C (I was burnt out on stem, took 18 credits of that shit in one semester).

I miss UG tho. bouncing majors, not knowing what was next; everything was just, chaos and fun. now it is too structured, I wish I could have it back but doubt I ever will.

Hahaha well said! I knew what I wanted to do, but everything really was just fun and chaos

No for Accounting at my school, it was just business calc that you had to do. I wnted to make myself more competitive so i was thinking about adding Applied math as a minor. I thought i was badass enough to handle my true first really hard semester of college by taking upper level maths and accounting at the same time. Truly, finance wasn't nearly as difficult.a joke comparatively. I didnt finish the Applied Math minor because my schedule would have just been too ridiculous to get all 3 subjects in on time for graduation. And then of course still later on in school, I had some 1-off bad professors or shit grades for one reason or another ;( aka I did well, but really banking on TOP GUN LSAT Score

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:17 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Hahaha well said! I knew what I wanted to do, but everything really was just fun and chaos

No for Accounting at my school, it was just business calc that you had to do. I wnted to make myself more competitive so i was thinking about adding Applied math as a minor. I thought i was badass enough to handle my true first really hard semester of college by taking upper level maths and accounting at the same time. Truly, finance wasn't nearly as difficult.a joke comparatively. I didnt finish the Applied Math minor because my schedule would have just been too ridiculous to get all 3 subjects in on time for graduation. And then of course still later on in school, I had some 1-off bad professors or shit grades for one reason or another ;( aka I did well, but really banking on TOP GUN LSAT Score

i can relate to the thinking you're hardcore enough to take a shit load of hard classes and pull off a 4.0.. did not work for me lol.

I feel like the fact that (and I'm presuming here) neither of us have a 3.8+ actually drives us a little more to get that 175+ since it is a ticket to low debt pretty much. oh please medians, drop again for the love of God make a high lsat worth its weight in gold. I saw a 3.9 169 get dillard, I wonder if the inverse is true as well.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?