The Official June 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

DOLPHINS, ARE YOU READY TO CRUSH THIS TEST?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:54 pm

FU%# YES!!!
11
28%
F#$k YES!!!
6
15%
FEAR MY BOTTLE SHAPED NOSE!!!
22
56%
 
Total votes: 39

User avatar
greatspirit

Bronze
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:26 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby greatspirit » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:45 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Legally Spears wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:Waiting for the old preptest to get to my door so I can sort them by QT :/


DJ, what have you found effective for question sorting? What's your method?


viewtopic.php?t=108425
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=50657

I go through each test and use a different colored highlighter for the QT (i.e. green=assumption, yellow=Strengthen/Weaken, etc.). It is a super annoying long process but I am too lazy to find another way to do it.



I was looking for the first link, and I had no idea the second even existed.

God Bless You.

User avatar
aurelian

New
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:10 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby aurelian » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:58 pm

Fucking crushed first full-length prep test (for sure not diagnostic, have been studying for over a month now), got a 174, almost all my losses came in LG. Feeling good!!

User avatar
aurelian

New
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:10 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby aurelian » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:49 pm

MikeSpivey wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:
LawLivesMatter wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:
LawLivesMatter wrote:Purchased 7Sage and doing 2 hours a day in addition to my last semester of UG, I will finish the core curriculum before my finals (May 7th ish). Then I will begin doing PTs 2 or 3 times a week for the remaining month until the LSAT. Will these 8-12 PTs be enough or would you all advise taking the September LSAT, getting in about 45 PTs, doing 2 a week. I worry about burnout taking this path. Any advice would be great. Thanks!


Be ready to shift your schedule several times (I was not ready to accept this when I read it in one of the lessons, but it is so true). Also, do not move on with the curriculum until you have completely mastered a lesson, if that includes repeating a drill or quiz until you have the idea completely down, then so be it. Lastly, it took me about 6 months to get through the curriculum when I was anticipating 1-2 months, it takes most people 2 months but the difference with me was that I was supplementing all the LR from 1-38 to each lesson, and foolproofing every game from 1-40.

I think 10-5 PT's is good if your crunched for time, whatever you end up doing make sure your UGPA is your number 1 priority! I also agree with Mikey on not burning out. Finally, I think it is so important to thoroughly review each PT you take-that takes precedence over the number of PT's you take. One thing I am doing with PT's is making sure I take 5 section PT's so when it is game day, it is just another PT and there are no surprises.

Great stuff from you and mikey! I think switching to September is making more and more sense to just make sure I have everything down and don't rush through critical lessons. My last concern is that I would like to get my applications in as early as possible. Is there a difference in applying late october vs applying right when schools start taking applications. Looking to take the largest scholarship I get from any of the earlier mentioned schools I'm looking at.


:)

I think as long as your apps are in by thanksgiving weekend, you should be fine! You might want to ask in the MS9 thread though, I remember listening to one of their recordings about when is early, when is on time, and when is late and I think that's what they said..


Here is that podcast, I hope it helps!

==error==/podcas ... ons-cycle/


Thanks for passing that over, Mike! I had a quick question -- what does all of this mean for December LSAT takers? Does that mean that if we get our apps in before December (without an LSAT/or with an older LSAT in June/Sept), that we will be considered late if we are planning on using our December score? Thanks in advance for any info.

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:50 pm

greatspirit wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Legally Spears wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:Waiting for the old preptest to get to my door so I can sort them by QT :/


DJ, what have you found effective for question sorting? What's your method?


http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... p?t=108425
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... =6&t=50657

I go through each test and use a different colored highlighter for the QT (i.e. green=assumption, yellow=Strengthen/Weaken, etc.). It is a super annoying long process but I am too lazy to find another way to do it.



I was looking for the first link, and I had no idea the second even existed.

God Bless You.


May it serve you well.
Image

User avatar
PrezRand

Gold
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:31 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby PrezRand » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:52 pm

aurelian wrote:Fucking crushed first full-length prep test (for sure not diagnostic, have been studying for over a month now), got a 174, almost all my losses came in LG. Feeling good!!

Dude that's awesome

User avatar
DreamerBulk

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:59 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby DreamerBulk » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:38 pm

aurelian wrote:Fucking crushed first full-length prep test (for sure not diagnostic, have been studying for over a month now), got a 174, almost all my losses came in LG. Feeling good!!

Nice work! What study material have you first started with?

User avatar
aurelian

New
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:10 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby aurelian » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:40 pm

PrezRand wrote:
aurelian wrote:Fucking crushed first full-length prep test (for sure not diagnostic, have been studying for over a month now), got a 174, almost all my losses came in LG. Feeling good!!

Dude that's awesome


Thank you brother!

DreamerBulk wrote:
aurelian wrote:Fucking crushed first full-length prep test (for sure not diagnostic, have been studying for over a month now), got a 174, almost all my losses came in LG. Feeling good!!

Nice work! What study material have you first started with?


I've hit the Trainer really hard. I went through it completely once and took longer outlined notes on each chapter, and then on when back over one more time, and skimmed each chapter and took 4-5 bullet points that I thought were important. My biggest gaps were always in LG, whereas on LR and RC I have always been pretty decent (scoring around the -3 to -5 range on each section). I would really, really recommend taking the Trainer as seriously as possible and make sure that you absorb all of the information fully, it puts the test in a completely new light.

Taking the 7Sage core curriculum right now.

User avatar
blackmamba8

Bronze
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby blackmamba8 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:02 pm

aurelian wrote:Fucking crushed first full-length prep test (for sure not diagnostic, have been studying for over a month now), got a 174, almost all my losses came in LG. Feeling good!!

Bruhh. Great shit!!

User avatar
greatspirit

Bronze
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:26 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby greatspirit » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:16 pm

aurelian wrote:
PrezRand wrote:
aurelian wrote:Fucking crushed first full-length prep test (for sure not diagnostic, have been studying for over a month now), got a 174, almost all my losses came in LG. Feeling good!!

Dude that's awesome


Thank you brother!

DreamerBulk wrote:
aurelian wrote:Fucking crushed first full-length prep test (for sure not diagnostic, have been studying for over a month now), got a 174, almost all my losses came in LG. Feeling good!!

Nice work! What study material have you first started with?


I've hit the Trainer really hard. I went through it completely once and took longer outlined notes on each chapter, and then on when back over one more time, and skimmed each chapter and took 4-5 bullet points that I thought were important. My biggest gaps were always in LG, whereas on LR and RC I have always been pretty decent (scoring around the -3 to -5 range on each section). I would really, really recommend taking the Trainer as seriously as possible and make sure that you absorb all of the information fully, it puts the test in a completely new light.

Taking the 7Sage core curriculum right now.



Congrats man! And yet another +1 for the Trainer.

I really need to stop messing around and power through the LR & LG bibles and get to the Trainer. I got a 146 on my 1/14 "diagnostic" (had bullshitted through the RC Bible, first 3 chapters of LG Bible, and a bit of the LR Bible by this point ) and reading through so many experiences here, I really think that finishing the Bibles, doing the Trainer, doing as many prep-tests as possible, and watching the 7sage LG reviews are all I need to get a 170 by June.

Legally Spears

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:18 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Legally Spears » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:23 pm

greatspirit wrote:
aurelian wrote:
PrezRand wrote:
aurelian wrote:Fucking crushed first full-length prep test (for sure not diagnostic, have been studying for over a month now), got a 174, almost all my losses came in LG. Feeling good!!

Dude that's awesome


Thank you brother!

DreamerBulk wrote:
aurelian wrote:Fucking crushed first full-length prep test (for sure not diagnostic, have been studying for over a month now), got a 174, almost all my losses came in LG. Feeling good!!

Nice work! What study material have you first started with?


I've hit the Trainer really hard. I went through it completely once and took longer outlined notes on each chapter, and then on when back over one more time, and skimmed each chapter and took 4-5 bullet points that I thought were important. My biggest gaps were always in LG, whereas on LR and RC I have always been pretty decent (scoring around the -3 to -5 range on each section). I would really, really recommend taking the Trainer as seriously as possible and make sure that you absorb all of the information fully, it puts the test in a completely new light.

Taking the 7Sage core curriculum right now.



Congrats man! And yet another +1 for the Trainer.

I really need to stop messing around and power through the LR & LG bibles and get to the Trainer. I got a 146 on my 1/14 "diagnostic" (had bullshitted through the RC Bible, first 3 chapters of LG Bible, and a bit of the LR Bible by this point ) and reading through so many experiences here, I really think that finishing the Bibles, doing the Trainer, doing as many prep-tests as possible, and watching the 7sage LG reviews are all I need to get a 170 by June.


GreatSpirit, we're like the two sides of a coin! I made my way through the Trainer, and now I'm powering through the Bibles. 152 diagnostic. 175+ by June!!!!

I also took outlined notes on the Trainer, hoping those will serve me well soon. Anyone know if there's a huge difference between 2015 and 2017 editions?

User avatar
greatspirit

Bronze
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:26 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby greatspirit » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:29 pm

Legally Spears wrote:
greatspirit wrote:
aurelian wrote:
PrezRand wrote:
aurelian wrote:Fucking crushed first full-length prep test (for sure not diagnostic, have been studying for over a month now), got a 174, almost all my losses came in LG. Feeling good!!

Dude that's awesome


Thank you brother!

DreamerBulk wrote:
aurelian wrote:Fucking crushed first full-length prep test (for sure not diagnostic, have been studying for over a month now), got a 174, almost all my losses came in LG. Feeling good!!

Nice work! What study material have you first started with?


I've hit the Trainer really hard. I went through it completely once and took longer outlined notes on each chapter, and then on when back over one more time, and skimmed each chapter and took 4-5 bullet points that I thought were important. My biggest gaps were always in LG, whereas on LR and RC I have always been pretty decent (scoring around the -3 to -5 range on each section). I would really, really recommend taking the Trainer as seriously as possible and make sure that you absorb all of the information fully, it puts the test in a completely new light.

Taking the 7Sage core curriculum right now.



Congrats man! And yet another +1 for the Trainer.

I really need to stop messing around and power through the LR & LG bibles and get to the Trainer. I got a 146 on my 1/14 "diagnostic" (had bullshitted through the RC Bible, first 3 chapters of LG Bible, and a bit of the LR Bible by this point ) and reading through so many experiences here, I really think that finishing the Bibles, doing the Trainer, doing as many prep-tests as possible, and watching the 7sage LG reviews are all I need to get a 170 by June.


GreatSpirit, we're like the two sides of a coin! I made my way through the Trainer, and now I'm powering through the Bibles. 152 diagnostic. 175+ by June!!!!

I also took outlined notes on the Trainer, hoping those will serve me well soon. Anyone know if there's a huge difference between 2015 and 2017 editions?


And now I've friended you. Good luck to you in this arduous journey.

Legally Spears

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:18 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Legally Spears » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:37 pm

greatspirit wrote:
Legally Spears wrote:
greatspirit wrote:
aurelian wrote:
PrezRand wrote:
aurelian wrote:Fucking crushed first full-length prep test (for sure not diagnostic, have been studying for over a month now), got a 174, almost all my losses came in LG. Feeling good!!

Dude that's awesome


Thank you brother!

DreamerBulk wrote:
aurelian wrote:Fucking crushed first full-length prep test (for sure not diagnostic, have been studying for over a month now), got a 174, almost all my losses came in LG. Feeling good!!

Nice work! What study material have you first started with?


I've hit the Trainer really hard. I went through it completely once and took longer outlined notes on each chapter, and then on when back over one more time, and skimmed each chapter and took 4-5 bullet points that I thought were important. My biggest gaps were always in LG, whereas on LR and RC I have always been pretty decent (scoring around the -3 to -5 range on each section). I would really, really recommend taking the Trainer as seriously as possible and make sure that you absorb all of the information fully, it puts the test in a completely new light.

Taking the 7Sage core curriculum right now.



Congrats man! And yet another +1 for the Trainer.

I really need to stop messing around and power through the LR & LG bibles and get to the Trainer. I got a 146 on my 1/14 "diagnostic" (had bullshitted through the RC Bible, first 3 chapters of LG Bible, and a bit of the LR Bible by this point ) and reading through so many experiences here, I really think that finishing the Bibles, doing the Trainer, doing as many prep-tests as possible, and watching the 7sage LG reviews are all I need to get a 170 by June.


GreatSpirit, we're like the two sides of a coin! I made my way through the Trainer, and now I'm powering through the Bibles. 152 diagnostic. 175+ by June!!!!

I also took outlined notes on the Trainer, hoping those will serve me well soon. Anyone know if there's a huge difference between 2015 and 2017 editions?


And now I've friended you. Good luck to you in this arduous journey.


The same to you my brother. Best of luck.

User avatar
blackmamba8

Bronze
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby blackmamba8 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:45 pm

When you guys drill LR by type how many of the same question do you do in a row? I've been doing 25 and then switching to a different type.

User avatar
PrezRand

Gold
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:31 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby PrezRand » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:46 pm

blackmamba8 wrote:When you guys drill LR by type how many of the same question do you do in a row? I've been doing 25 and then switching to a different type.

40

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:46 pm

Heading to the catacombs of the library for the first time this retake. Going to try to get at least 5 chapters in the trainer done a day until the move/job that way I'm ready to start drilling and doing the Manhattan series.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:58 pm

blackmamba8 wrote:When you guys drill LR by type how many of the same question do you do in a row? I've been doing 25 and then switching to a different type.

as many as I can do before I feel bored lol

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:19 pm

Mikey wrote:
blackmamba8 wrote:When you guys drill LR by type how many of the same question do you do in a row? I've been doing 25 and then switching to a different type.

as many as I can do before I feel bored lol


6 questions 4 me

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:22 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
blackmamba8 wrote:When you guys drill LR by type how many of the same question do you do in a row? I've been doing 25 and then switching to a different type.

as many as I can do before I feel bored lol


6 questions 4 me

I've done like 80 questions in a row before while drilling. I get bored af within the 1st one now though lmao

User avatar
Walliums

Silver
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Walliums » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:19 pm

aurelian wrote:Fucking crushed first full-length prep test (for sure not diagnostic, have been studying for over a month now), got a 174, almost all my losses came in LG. Feeling good!!


Congrats! That's awesome.

User avatar
Walliums

Silver
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Walliums » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:21 pm

I have officially dumped the 7Sage Memory Method for RC. It was probably good to go through the strategy but putting it into practice I just waste a ton of time. Have been going through the early PTs RC sections and scoring -2 pretty consistently. Feeling good about this. Though I'm a little worried about whether the early PTs RC (we're talking 1-10) are insanely easier than the recent ones.

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:04 pm

soon....

Image

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:11 pm

Walliums wrote:I have officially dumped the 7Sage Memory Method for RC. It was probably good to go through the strategy but putting it into practice I just waste a ton of time. Have been going through the early PTs RC sections and scoring -2 pretty consistently. Feeling good about this. Though I'm a little worried about whether the early PTs RC (we're talking 1-10) are insanely easier than the recent ones.


did you just adopt the, "imma read this shit and find out what it is without notes." approach?

User avatar
aurelian

New
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:10 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby aurelian » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:34 pm

Walliums wrote:I have officially dumped the 7Sage Memory Method for RC. It was probably good to go through the strategy but putting it into practice I just waste a ton of time. Have been going through the early PTs RC sections and scoring -2 pretty consistently. Feeling good about this. Though I'm a little worried about whether the early PTs RC (we're talking 1-10) are insanely easier than the recent ones.


After unfortunately belting out 700+ for the prep course I'm starting to think that 7Sage is a little bit overhyped. The LG reliance on hypos and splitting seems to me to take way too much time and I find I can only find kernals of useful information in their LR. Anyone feel the same way? Considering getting a refund and focusing instead on Manhattan series.

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:38 pm

aurelian wrote:
Walliums wrote:I have officially dumped the 7Sage Memory Method for RC. It was probably good to go through the strategy but putting it into practice I just waste a ton of time. Have been going through the early PTs RC sections and scoring -2 pretty consistently. Feeling good about this. Though I'm a little worried about whether the early PTs RC (we're talking 1-10) are insanely easier than the recent ones.


After unfortunately belting out 700+ for the prep course I'm starting to think that 7Sage is a little bit overhyped. The LG reliance on hypos and splitting seems to me to take way too much time and I find I can only find kernals of useful information in their LR. Anyone feel the same way? Considering getting a refund and focusing instead on Manhattan series.


yes, I think splitting the board should be used as a last ditch effort but most of those (for me personally) are in the weird game realm where splitting the board does nothing.

In/Out especially, it is much easier to go 1,2,3,etc for the rules and start working.

User avatar
Walliums

Silver
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Walliums » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:45 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Walliums wrote:I have officially dumped the 7Sage Memory Method for RC. It was probably good to go through the strategy but putting it into practice I just waste a ton of time. Have been going through the early PTs RC sections and scoring -2 pretty consistently. Feeling good about this. Though I'm a little worried about whether the early PTs RC (we're talking 1-10) are insanely easier than the recent ones.


did you just adopt the, "imma read this shit and find out what it is without notes." approach?


Oh yeah :) I guess practicing with the memory method helped me read the passages differently/better? But it just felt like note taking and sucking up my time



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests