The Official June 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

DOLPHINS, ARE YOU READY TO CRUSH THIS TEST?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:54 pm

FU%# YES!!!
28%
F#$k YES!!!
15%
FEAR MY BOTTLE SHAPED NOSE!!!
56%

Total votes: 39

USayinBoalt

Gold

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby USayinBoalt » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:21 pm

ngogirl12 wrote:Since you all are talking about GPA's and all, do you know if there is a site where you can input all your grades to see what your LSAC UG gpa would be? I'm curious..

I've used all three of these:

https://7sage.com/gpa-calculator/

http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/wp-content/uploads/Law-School-Predictor-LSDAS-GPA-Calculator.htm

http://www.lawpad.com/gpa_calculator/

thazel

New

Postby thazel » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:22 pm

AaronRodgers wrote:
thazel wrote:Do they take your major GPA into account?

That would be the dream because mine is a 4.0

no

Haha, all good. A girl can dream.

ngogirl12

Silver

Postby ngogirl12 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:24 pm

USayinBoalt wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:Since you all are talking about GPA's and all, do you know if there is a site where you can input all your grades to see what your LSAC UG gpa would be? I'm curious..

I've used all three of these:

https://7sage.com/gpa-calculator/

http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/wp-content/uploads/Law-School-Predictor-LSDAS-GPA-Calculator.htm

http://www.lawpad.com/gpa_calculator/

THANK YOU!!!

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:25 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:my dream everything goes 100% perfect goal for next cycle is:
get 177+ in June
apply first day of apps
pray to god two or three T14s get in a scholarship war over me
make gainz

yeah we have the same goals

funny about the gainz, I bought forearm isolators attachments for dumbbells and they work I just look like a mega douche. soon noodle arms, you'll be big. soon.

ngogirl12

Silver

Postby ngogirl12 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:26 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:
get 177+ in June
apply first day of apps
make gainz

That would be pretty sweet.

i can dream but the chances of the scholarship war are miniscule; idk tho I'll have lots of relevant WE so maybe they'll like that.

I think having significant WE is a plus, and with a kickass LSAT score you could be in the running.. What do I know though, I'm a 0L lol

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:27 pm

ngogirl12 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:
get 177+ in June
apply first day of apps
make gainz

i can dream but the chances of the scholarship war are miniscule; idk tho I'll have lots of relevant WE so maybe they'll like that.

I think having significant WE is a plus, and with a kickass LSAT score you could be in the running.. What do I know though, I'm a 0L lol

i don't think it'll make up for my lackluster gpa but I can definitely use it as a pro; for LORs, interview topics, etc. maybe it'll help ~5% on a good day

AaronRodgers

New

Postby AaronRodgers » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:28 pm

ngogirl12 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:
get 177+ in June
apply first day of apps
make gainz

WE matters a lot less in admin and a lot more in OCI.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:31 pm

AaronRodgers wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:
get 177+ in June
apply first day of apps
make gainz

glad it'll help me down the line as well! that and pad my bank account if I need to get a 4x4 vehicle if michigan is the move.

AaronRodgers

New

Postby AaronRodgers » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:34 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
AaronRodgers wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:
get 177+ in June
apply first day of apps
make gainz

glad it'll help me down the line as well! that and pad my bank account if I need to get a 4x4 vehicle if michigan is the move.

once ur in you will def have an advantage over others at OCI assuming all else equal (grades)

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:43 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
get 177+ in June
apply first day of apps
make gainz

funny about the gainz, I bought forearm isolators attachments for dumbbells and they work I just look like a mega douche. soon noodle arms, you'll be big. soon.

i gotta get back into a gym. i usually play rec sports but they took a break for holidays, and no gainz if not gym

/gym ->/gainz

gainz->gym

too lazy to get the slash to line up right.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:53 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
get 177+ in June
apply first day of apps
make gainz

i gotta get back into a gym. i usually play rec sports but they took a break for holidays, and no gainz if not gym

/gym ->/gainz

gainz->gym

too lazy to get the slash to line up right.

if I don't exercise I get like clinically depressed, but when I do I am depressed because small. feelsbad.jpg

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:00 pm

AaronRodgers wrote:once ur in you will def have an advantage over others at OCI assuming all else equal (grades)

on the matter of careers, I am curious how biglaw really is, there are horror stories as well as ones that say it isn't as bad as it is hyped up to be. one way to find out.

ngogirl12

Silver

Postby ngogirl12 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:02 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:
get 177+ in June
apply first day of apps
make gainz

i don't think it'll make up for my lackluster gpa but I can definitely use it as a pro; for LORs, interview topics, etc. maybe it'll help ~5% on a good day

Yeah I had no idea your GPA was lackluster..

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:03 pm

ngogirl12 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:
get 177+ in June
apply first day of apps
make gainz

it isn't terrible, but I'm definitely a splitter. math is hard :(

ngogirl12

Silver

Postby ngogirl12 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:06 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:
get 177+ in June
apply first day of apps
make gainz

it isn't terrible, but I'm definitely a splitter. math is hard :(

I wonder if law schools account for harder majors, I know they do take into account schools that do grade inflation (this is just from books I've read and posts from people). My UG was really tough when it came to grades and no grade inflation, but I didn't have one of the more technical (natural sciences/engineering) majors, so I don't think it helps me at all.

aurelian

New

Postby aurelian » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:38 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
get 177+ in June
apply first day of apps
make gainz

Thought I would get in this discussion because I am going through a pretty heavy cut -- going from about 15% to 10% while studying 6 hours or so a day for the LSAT... not the best combo if you are trying to avoid massive burn out.

I'm 6'3", 191 and have hit a huge plateau (about 2 and a half months) in which I've lost no weight (or body fat). Any tips on how to get past a plateau on this? It's discouraging eating fucking egg whites every day and seeing no results lol

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:53 pm

aurelian wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
get 177+ in June
apply first day of apps
make gainz

Thought I would get in this discussion because I am going through a pretty heavy cut -- going from about 15% to 10% while studying 6 hours or so a day for the LSAT... not the best combo if you are trying to avoid massive burn out.

I'm 6'3", 191 and have hit a huge plateau (about 2 and a half months) in which I've lost no weight (or body fat). Any tips on how to get past a plateau on this? It's discouraging eating fucking egg whites every day and seeing no results lol

quick question, what is your training like and eating schedule.

aurelian

New

Postby aurelian » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:01 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
aurelian wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
get 177+ in June
apply first day of apps
make gainz

quick question, what is your training like and eating schedule.

I do a 4 day split, mostly compounds (standing shoulder, bench press, deadlift, squat) and abs 2/4 or 3/4.
1. Chest
2. Back + Biceps
3. Shoulders + Triceps
4. Legs

Eating schedule is very strict high-carb, high-protein, low-fat:
154g of carbs
39g of fat
199g of protein

Around 1750 calories. I know this is a pretty aggressive cut but I've been reading a lot of literature that says that you can cut about 20% and I haven't gone down on bench (around 225 5x3) or deadlift (295 5x3), and also I am trying hard to break this plateau with no results. I'm thinking maybe I should go maintenance for a while because the lack of fat is killing my metabolism.

The only three things in my life right now are the LSAT, reading, and working out so this is prime discussion material.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:13 pm

aurelian wrote:
I do a 4 day split, mostly compounds (standing shoulder, bench press, deadlift, squat) and abs 2/4 or 3/4.
1. Chest
2. Back + Biceps
3. Shoulders + Triceps
4. Legs

154g of carbs
39g of fat
199g of protein

Around 1750 calories. I know this is a pretty aggressive cut but I've been reading a lot of literature that says that you can cut about 20% and I haven't gone down on bench (around 225 5x3) or deadlift (295 5x3), and also I am trying hard to break this plateau with no results. I'm thinking maybe I should go maintenance for a while because the lack of fat is killing my metabolism.

The only three things in my life right now are the LSAT, reading, and working out so this is prime discussion material.

Your carb intake is probably what is stagnating your weight loss, for cutting I keep it 100-125g a day it is rough but drys me out; the calorie count seems fine, I'd up it too 2000-2200 because of your height and weight. One thing that I started doing on this cut was doing my cardio and abs at a different time than normally training, that way I can still give it 100% and try and hit PRs and what not. If you are trying to increase your lift strength, it'll be hard on a cut but not impossible just the same progressive overload type deal (I somehow PRd on bench 2 weeks into a calorie deficit but I'm cutting from 213 so I've got some more cushin).

Low carb is the worst thing in the world but find sub. foods like dry roasted peanuts, pickles, chewing gum, maybe a diet coke here and there in order to not go insane.

PrezRand

Gold

Postby PrezRand » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:33 pm

If law school admissions was as easy as working out, we would all be HYS bound :D

aurelian

New

Postby aurelian » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:44 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
aurelian wrote:
1. Chest
2. Back + Biceps
3. Shoulders + Triceps
4. Legs

154g of carbs
39g of fat
199g of protein

Your carb intake is probably what is stagnating your weight loss, for cutting I keep it 100-125g a day it is rough but drys me out; the calorie count seems fine, I'd up it too 2000-2200 because of your height and weight. One thing that I started doing on this cut was doing my cardio and abs at a different time than normally training, that way I can still give it 100% and try and hit PRs and what not. If you are trying to increase your lift strength, it'll be hard on a cut but not impossible just the same progressive overload type deal (I somehow PRd on bench 2 weeks into a calorie deficit but I'm cutting from 213 so I've got some more cushin).

Low carb is the worst thing in the world but find sub. foods like dry roasted peanuts, pickles, chewing gum, maybe a diet coke here and there in order to not go insane.

Jesus yeah 100g of carbs is rough. Do you make up for it thru fat intake? My thinking is you don't really need more than a 1g or 1.5g per pound in protein

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:48 pm

aurelian wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
aurelian wrote:
1. Chest
2. Back + Biceps
3. Shoulders + Triceps
4. Legs

154g of carbs
39g of fat
199g of protein

Jesus yeah 100g of carbs is rough. Do you make up for it thru fat intake? My thinking is you don't really need more than a 1g or 1.5g per pound in protein

That but mostly I eat as many vegetables as I want hungry, peppers keep my energy up.

ThatOneAfrican

New

Postby ThatOneAfrican » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:23 pm

Reading through the posts here always motivates me to get back to studying :)

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:40 pm

ThatOneAfrican wrote:Reading through the posts here always motivates me to get back to studying :)

my goal is to get the trainer done by the 1st and then move to heavy drilling and the Manhattan series, followed by timed drilling at PTs for the last 2 months. what about you?

blackmamba8

Bronze

Postby blackmamba8 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:49 pm

I feel so nostalgic whenever I'm walking around my campus and I don't even graduate until May. I really hope I can find a decent job around here so I can stick around next year. My major was nice for my GPA but it sucks when I'm looking for jobs.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?