The Official June 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

DOLPHINS, ARE YOU READY TO CRUSH THIS TEST?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:54 pm

FU%# YES!!!
28%
F#$k YES!!!
15%
FEAR MY BOTTLE SHAPED NOSE!!!
56%

Total votes: 39

AaronRodgers

New

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby AaronRodgers » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:29 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Walliums wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
njames1961 wrote:Typically what would one need to get a decent scholly at a mid-level T14 if you're not a splitter and have a 3.9+?

165 minimum I think. Depends on what you call decent. If decent means fully then you'll want 169+.

With 3.9 you should wait until you can consistently get 172+ and you'll be rolin in $/crimson

What do you think about a bit of a lower GPA, like 3.75 area?

My GPA is around that and I always beat myself up for not getting higher. If I didn't waste my time with accounting I'd have a 3.9+.

Whatever, at 3.7-3.9, the difference seems minimal, and LSAT is what really determines what you get.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:36 pm

AaronRodgers wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Walliums wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
njames1961 wrote:Typically what would one need to get a decent scholly at a mid-level T14 if you're not a splitter and have a 3.9+?

165 minimum I think. Depends on what you call decent. If decent means fully then you'll want 169+.

With 3.9 you should wait until you can consistently get 172+ and you'll be rolin in $/crimson

My GPA is around that and I always beat myself up for not getting higher. If I didn't waste my time with accounting I'd have a 3.9+.

Whatever, at 3.7-3.9, the difference seems minimal, and LSAT is what really determines what you get.

I would slap a lot of people for a 3.6+ because if I get what I'm PTing, full schollys aren't out of the question. I pretty much need a 177+ in June and be the first to apply to even have my name looked at for 3/4 or full at the T14.

AaronRodgers

New

Postby AaronRodgers » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:39 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
AaronRodgers wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Walliums wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:

I would slap a lot of people for a 3.6+ because if I get what I'm PTing, full schollys aren't out of the question. I pretty much need a 177+ in June and be the first to apply to even have my name looked at for 3/4 or full at the T14.

Could you take ez pz community college classes during the summer to inflate it? Or do you have too many credits for it to matter.

I plan on doing that and make them sort of maybe count for necessary credits I need to satisfy so it doesn't look sus (also I went there b4)

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:43 pm

AaronRodgers wrote:Could you take ez pz community college classes during the summer to inflate it? Or do you have too many credits for it to matter.

I plan on doing that and make them sort of maybe count for necessary credits I need to satisfy so it doesn't look sus (also I went there b4)

Graduated in May lol, too late for that; but I did do the unnecessary credit scheme in my senior year, took like 20 credits and got up to mid 3.4. The only thing I have in my defense is that physics, orgo ii, and calc iii are the only things that kept me from 3.6+ so maybe they'll be kind to me.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:44 pm

AaronRodgers wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Walliums wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:

yooooooo, right tho?

my (not very stellar) GPA would be way better off without it.

AaronRodgers

New

Postby AaronRodgers » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:46 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
AaronRodgers wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Walliums wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:

yooooooo, right tho?

at least it taught me that gpa matters more than what I actually learn.

dj9i27 wrote:
Graduated in May lol, too late for that; but I did do the unnecessary credit scheme in my senior year, took like 20 credits and got up to mid 3.4. The only thing I have in my defense is that physics, orgo ii, and calc iii are the only things that kept me from 3.6+ so maybe they'll be kind to me.

Those were all classes I didn't take so maybe, I think they do if your major is STEM (i chose not do that so I could salvage my GPA).

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:46 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
AaronRodgers wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Walliums wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:

yooooooo, right tho?

Maybe I'm naive but, I think most will be good according to LSN with a GREAT LSAT and >3.0 GPA

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:50 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
AaronRodgers wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Walliums wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:

yooooooo, right tho?

Maybe I'm naive but, I think most will be good according to LSN with a GREAT LSAT and >3.0 GPA

for the most part. my chances at C are decent with a 174ish.

in most other fields my GPA is decent, lol

thazel

New

Postby thazel » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:50 pm

AaronRodgers wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Walliums wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:

Yeah, my GPA for undergrad is 3.76. Really regretting that sign language course I stupidly didn't take seriously enough and got a C+ for.

Hoping to up my chances by getting first class honours this year.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:52 pm

AaronRodgers wrote:at least it taught me that gpa matters more than what I actually learn.

i..... i did not get that lesson.

it was also 8am accounting which combines two of the worst things ever.

AaronRodgers

New

Postby AaronRodgers » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:54 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
AaronRodgers wrote:at least it taught me that gpa matters more than what I actually learn.

was joke comrade

mine was also an 8er. it was a cc class too.

although, if i did well in it, i would prob have become an accountant so i guess it wasnt a total waste. my chances of ed at NU are looking pretty good as long as I get a 170-174. their arent many with my stats and ed on mylsn but theyve all made it so

PrezRand

Gold

Postby PrezRand » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:06 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
AaronRodgers wrote:Could you take ez pz community college classes during the summer to inflate it? Or do you have too many credits for it to matter.

Bummer. My econ grades killed me since I took shit like econometrics, time-series, and forecasting when I was a sophmore. My poli sci gpa is a 3.9. Had I known I had no chance of being an economist or doing econ consulting, I would have just majored in political science and studied on my own lol.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:07 pm

AaronRodgers wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:

was joke comrade

although, if i did well in it, i would prob have become an accountant so i guess it wasnt a total waste. my chances of ed at NU are looking pretty good as long as I get a 170-174. their arent many with my stats and ed on mylsn but theyve all made it so

i think wiht your stats you could have a really good cycle if you play the field a bit. this cycle is a bit haywire and if you submit early in sept you could have some good results. 173 would put you over every schools median and 25th GPA (at least)

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:08 pm

my classes that dont involve numbers are STELLAR

i have law emphasis and that GPA is like 3.8 lol

AaronRodgers

New

Postby AaronRodgers » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:11 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
AaronRodgers wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:

was joke comrade

i think wiht your stats you could have a really good cycle if you play the field a bit. this cycle is a bit haywire and if you submit early in sept you could have some good results. 173 would put you over every schools median and 25th GPA (at least)

I might blanket T14 assuming a good LSAT this year, than if that's not satisfactory do the ed at NU the next cycle.

AaronRodgers

New

Postby AaronRodgers » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:13 pm

my PS gpa is a 4.0, so you can understand my frustration with everything that detracts from that lol. all stem in some form (although i cant complain, i got some STEM that also inflated it)

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:13 pm

my dream everything goes 100% perfect goal for next cycle is:
get 177+ in June
apply first day of apps
pray to god two or three T14s get in a scholarship war over me
make gainz

thazel

New

Postby thazel » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:15 pm

Do they take your major GPA into account?

That would be the dream because mine is a 4.0

ngogirl12

Silver

Postby ngogirl12 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:17 pm

Since you all are talking about GPA's and all, do you know if there is a site where you can input all your grades to see what your LSAC UG gpa would be? I'm curious..

AaronRodgers

New

Postby AaronRodgers » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:17 pm

thazel wrote:Do they take your major GPA into account?

no

ngogirl12

Silver

Postby ngogirl12 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:17 pm

dj9i27 wrote:my dream everything goes 100% perfect goal for next cycle is:
get 177+ in June
apply first day of apps
make gainz

That would be pretty sweet.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:18 pm

get 177+ in June
apply first day of apps
make gainz

yeah we have the same goals

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:18 pm

ngogirl12 wrote:
get 177+ in June
apply first day of apps
make gainz

i can dream but the chances of the scholarship war are miniscule; idk tho I'll have lots of relevant WE so maybe they'll like that.

AaronRodgers

New

Postby AaronRodgers » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:20 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:
get 177+ in June
apply first day of apps
make gainz

i can dream but the chances of the scholarship war are miniscule; idk tho I'll have lots of relevant WE so maybe they'll like that.

IIRC WE only helps with someone with similar stats. I asked around and even for NU which plasters how important WE is on their front page it's still pretty minimal.

It's like all the other softs, unless you worked at the T14 or something.

thazel

New

Postby thazel » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:21 pm

AaronRodgers wrote:
thazel wrote:Do they take your major GPA into account?

no

Haha, all good. A girl can dream.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?