The Official June 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

DOLPHINS, ARE YOU READY TO CRUSH THIS TEST?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:54 pm

FU%# YES!!!
28%
F#$k YES!!!
15%
FEAR MY BOTTLE SHAPED NOSE!!!
56%

Total votes: 39

dj9i27

Gold

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:47 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:
Yeah the structure of cutting really helps/motivates me to stay on my studies. It almost goes hand in hand for me..for whatever reason.

I think it is because you don't have to think about what you're going to eat/when to eat it. It sounds stupid but a lot of though goes into, "What am I eating today, blah blah" and you already know, disgusting tupperware meals that are cooked in 45 seconds in the microwave. Moar studying time.

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:generally, diagnostics are shit.

unless, youre a philosophy major and/or have been doing logic stuff for years and need to know where to improve on a test.

Yes to this and Mikey's point.
Also, may we crack 176 and get a decent scholly at a mid grade T14

PrezRand wrote:Chest day for MLK

Also gonna do 20 more Qs of FIR and do 20 Qs on PR. *Inserts pinch into lip

I hit chest as well, somehow on a calorie deficit I still hit my PR. What are FIR by the way, haven't heard that nomenclature in a while.

O.J.

Bronze

Postby O.J. » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:34 pm

Trying to get a better idea of how BR works, according to 7Sage. So to clarify, we take the PT or section timed first, as normal. Then, we go back and do it all again un-timed? Then, we go back and follow the 7 steps of reviewing each question according to it's category (circled, not circled, two circles, etc.) Something like that? So, are we really taking the entire PT twice?

PrezRand

Gold

Postby PrezRand » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:36 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
Yeah the structure of cutting really helps/motivates me to stay on my studies. It almost goes hand in hand for me..for whatever reason.

I think it is because you don't have to think about what you're going to eat/when to eat it. It sounds stupid but a lot of though goes into, "What am I eating today, blah blah" and you already know, disgusting tupperware meals that are cooked in 45 seconds in the microwave. Moar studying time.

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:generally, diagnostics are shit.

unless, youre a philosophy major and/or have been doing logic stuff for years and need to know where to improve on a test.

Yes to this and Mikey's point.
Also, may we crack 176 and get a decent scholly at a mid grade T14

PrezRand wrote:Chest day for MLK

Also gonna do 20 more Qs of FIR and do 20 Qs on PR. *Inserts pinch into lip

I hit chest as well, somehow on a calorie deficit I still hit my PR. What are FIR by the way, haven't heard that nomenclature in a while.

Flaw in reasoning

AaronRodgers

New

Postby AaronRodgers » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:27 pm

Just started 7sage a week ago. A little frustrated they don't include the LSAT tests but whatever. Les do dis

LawLivesMatter

New

Postby LawLivesMatter » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:36 pm

What do you mean that they don't provide the LSATs? Like they don't give you a hard copy? Also is there a strategy to why all the PTs are backloaded when I do the study schedule?

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:10 pm

PrezRand wrote:Flaw in reasoning

Ah, I am a dummy and just typically call them, "Flaw." I'm going to hella drill assumption soon, bout 1/2 done with the trainer give me another week and heavy drilling starts.

ngogirl12

Silver

Postby ngogirl12 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:21 pm

O.J. wrote:Trying to get a better idea of how BR works, according to 7Sage. So to clarify, we take the PT or section timed first, as normal. Then, we go back and do it all again un-timed? Then, we go back and follow the 7 steps of reviewing each question according to it's category (circled, not circled, two circles, etc.) Something like that? So, are we really taking the entire PT twice?

So my initial practice was to take the test timed, and wait until the next day and BR each section untimed, with the exception of LG. However, I was told by someone that it is better to review questions you circled and any questions you had overconfidance errors on (so ones you felt confidant on but got incorrect). My method as of late has been to do the circled questions first, BR the whole thing, then if I still have overconfidence errors after the fact then review those questions. It might not be the most sound strategy but that is what I'm doing.

I'm also a bit concerned because I was looking through some of the guides on TLS earlier today, and I think TLS1776 said he would grade the test and go over questions he got wrong. Now, I'm in a conundrum as to what method I should follow lol. If I immediately review questions I got wrong, I will not know if they are overconfidence errors and I might remember the correct answer if I were to BR it. I think I might just do the 7Sage method, but I'm not sure lol.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:25 pm

ngogirl12 wrote:
O.J. wrote:Trying to get a better idea of how BR works, according to 7Sage. So to clarify, we take the PT or section timed first, as normal. Then, we go back and do it all again un-timed? Then, we go back and follow the 7 steps of reviewing each question according to it's category (circled, not circled, two circles, etc.) Something like that? So, are we really taking the entire PT twice?

So my initial practice was to take the test timed, and wait until the next day and BR each section untimed, with the exception of LG. However, I was told by someone that it is better to review questions you circled and any questions you had overconfidance errors on (so ones you felt confidant on but got incorrect). My method as of late has been to do the circled questions first, BR the whole thing, then if I still have overconfidence errors after the fact then review those questions. It might not be the most sound strategy but that is what I'm doing.

I'm also a bit concerned because I was looking through some of the guides on TLS earlier today, and I think TLS1776 said he would grade the test and go over questions he got wrong. Now, I'm in a conundrum as to what method I should follow lol. If I immediately review questions I got wrong, I will not know if they are overconfidence errors and I might remember the correct answer if I were to BR it. I think I might just do the 7Sage method, but I'm not sure lol.

I've never BRd just didn't put the time into it when I figured out what it was; being said I do follow 1776s method of heavily reviewing wrong answers as well as answers I was iffy on. I think it works good cross referencing it with explanations online and forcing yourself to see why you got the question wrong, then figuring out how to correct it.

ngogirl12

Silver

Postby ngogirl12 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:30 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:

I've never BRd just didn't put the time into it when I figured out what it was; being said I do follow 1776s method of heavily reviewing wrong answers as well as answers I was iffy on. I think it works good cross referencing it with explanations online and forcing yourself to see why you got the question wrong, then figuring out how to correct it.

Have you noticed an upward improvement in your LR sections since doing this method? Curious to see if I should make the leap.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:35 pm

ngogirl12 wrote:
Have you noticed an upward improvement in your LR sections since doing this method? Curious to see if I should make the leap.

I'll be honest, I haven't done a timed LR section in like 1.5 months (I'm doing this intentionally want to put as much distance until I have to reuse material) so for this take it is unknown.

Being said, when I really focused on why it was wrong and why the other was right I saw increases as time went on. Went missing 7-10 the 4/5 before hitting -1/2.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:47 pm

For BR, I used type out full on write ups for questions I got wrong. I'd explain the premises, conclusion and reasoning, then go through and explain why ACs were wrong. Basically my idea was to act like I was explaining it to someone e I was teaching the lsat to. Some some Qs it was really short, others were almost a page. I found this to be really helpful in giving me a bigger picture view of questions. This was especially helpful in RC where I would also summarize the paragraphs in the passages (just quick 2 sentence summaries). That helped get me down from -4/5 to -1 in RC.

O.J.

Bronze

Postby O.J. » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:59 pm

Great answers guys, thanks for the help!

Walliums

Silver

Postby Walliums » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:22 pm

AaronRodgers wrote:Just started 7sage a week ago. A little frustrated they don't include the LSAT tests but whatever. Les do dis

Yeah, I think they used to until the LSAC banned PDFs. But depending on what package you get, you get access to all of the questions in silent video form.

AaronRodgers

New

Postby AaronRodgers » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:44 pm

LawLivesMatter wrote:What do you mean that they don't provide the LSATs? Like they don't give you a hard copy? Also is there a strategy to why all the PTs are backloaded when I do the study schedule?

They don't give PDF's, effectively not giving you them. You get questions in video format but that means you need to get yourself to actually PT.

njames1961

New

Postby njames1961 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:29 pm

Typically what would one need to get a decent scholly at a mid-level T14 if you're not a splitter and have a 3.9+?

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:42 pm

njames1961 wrote:Typically what would one need to get a decent scholly at a mid-level T14 if you're not a splitter and have a 3.9+?

165 minimum I think. Depends on what you call decent. If decent means fully then you'll want 169+.

With 3.9 you should wait until you can consistently get 172+ and you'll be rolin in $/crimson

Walliums

Silver

Postby Walliums » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:58 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
njames1961 wrote:Typically what would one need to get a decent scholly at a mid-level T14 if you're not a splitter and have a 3.9+?

165 minimum I think. Depends on what you call decent. If decent means fully then you'll want 169+.

With 3.9 you should wait until you can consistently get 172+ and you'll be rolin in $/crimson

What do you think about a bit of a lower GPA, like 3.75 area?

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:11 pm

Walliums wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:

Things start to open up around 168 for t10 and are good for mid t14. 170 is when things get real good.

http://mylsn.info/7b6mi1/

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:22 pm

Walliums wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:26 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Walliums wrote:HIGH GPA HAVING PRIVILEGE

hahahahahah

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:35 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

hahahahahah

Can I identify as having a 4.33 GPA?

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:42 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

hahahahahah

thats a little low for Y but you might get H. if i were you id retke until i hit 175.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:46 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

hahahahahah

thats a little low for Y but you might get H. if i were you id retke until i hit 175.

On the real, the only way I'd get into Yale is if the computer breaks and glitches my name into acceptance.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:56 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

hahahahahah

On the real, the only way I'd get into Yale is if the computer breaks and glitches my name into acceptance.

yeah i doubt even sexual favors would help my app.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:22 pm

So i think im gunna start light studying in mid feb. time to buy a printer. probably going to focus really on LR and LG.

debating if i want to pick up powerscore, or just use my own methods from past studying. PS might be good for refresher? I was really happy with my PT range before, so i just want to get back to that/better.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?