The Official June 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

DOLPHINS, ARE YOU READY TO CRUSH THIS TEST?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:54 pm

FU%# YES!!!
28%
F#$k YES!!!
15%
FEAR MY BOTTLE SHAPED NOSE!!!
56%

Total votes: 39

Experiment626

Silver

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Experiment626 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:04 am

klaudiaxo wrote:What is everyone doing the day of the test? Section while at the testing center etc? Also why such weird timing this year starting at 12:30 also not being on saturday..

I'm getting to my center by 11 and am warming up with 1 LG that usually gives me the most trouble, 1 RC passage, 10-15 LR questions.

I'm thankful this is 12:30. I'm not a morning person and having to drive to my center during rush hour traffic would mean up that much earlier and that much less sleep.

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:09 am

Jack_Kelly wrote:How different are the PTs post 74? I have nothing past then.

I think they're pretty similar in style/questions, couple question types redone in a way we haven't seen in earlier tests like the based on above which one can you eliminate, the answer to which question would be most helpful for the problem above, and of course funky LG which I know is making my chances of a -0 LG that much harder because I usually end up having to guess on two by the time I figure out what plan of attack will work for me and get through the game...

As long as they don't have another LR like the who dives deeper one in 77. That one, while easy once I figured it out, was a dick move to put that as the last question of a section and apparently is the first time a based on the above type question had that structure... This is LR, why did you put a mini LG in it?

tuna_wasabi

Bronze

Postby tuna_wasabi » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:11 am

Took PT 79 on Wednesday:

LR 1: -3
LR 2: -2
LG: 0
RC: -3 (one was a circling error)

Blind review--I redid it as a practice test again yesterday:
LR 1: 0
LR 2: -3 (one was a circling error)
RC: 0

LR: Disappointed with the 3 mistakes on first section, because during BR they looked preventable. For the second section, made the same mistakes again, so need to review that. LG: Virus was tricky and had to finish in a rush. I didn't make important inferences in earlier games and was slogged down HARD. RC: 1 mistake due to circling error, one due to running out of time, and the other one due to careless reading. Both mistakes were in the wilderness passage.

I accepted that breaking 175+ on test day requires insane luck and focus. Last week (and earlier this week) I felt defeated for slipping down to below 175, as if these past few months have been for naught. Now I just don't have a clear-cut target anymore; I've tried hard and if doesn't work out, then maybe law school isn't for me. Still nervous, but accepting this makes me a bit more forgiving to myself.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:23 am

lynn.wibi wrote:Took PT 79 on Wednesday:

LR 1: -3
LR 2: -2
RC: -3 (one was a circling error)

Blind review--I redid it as a practice test again yesterday:
LR 1: 0
LR 2: -3 (one was a circling error)
RC: 0

LR: Disappointed with the 3 mistakes on first section, because during BR they looked preventable. For the second section, made the same mistakes again, so need to review that. LG: Virus was tricky and had to finish in a rush. I didn't make important inferences in earlier games and was slogged down HARD. RC: 1 mistake due to circling error, one due to running out of time, and the other one due to careless reading. Both mistakes were in the wilderness passage.

I accepted that breaking 175+ on test day requires insane luck and focus. Last week (and earlier this week) I felt defeated for slipping down to below 175, as if these past few months have been for naught. Now I just don't have a clear-cut target anymore; I've tried hard and if doesn't work out, then maybe law school isn't for me. Still nervous, but accepting this makes me a bit more forgiving to myself.

It's the second time I've seen you being overly hard on yourself.

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Postby Jack_Kelly » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:29 am

vtdelt wrote:

I think they're pretty similar in style/questions, couple question types redone in a way we haven't seen in earlier tests like the based on above which one can you eliminate, the answer to which question would be most helpful for the problem above, and of course funky LG which I know is making my chances of a -0 LG that much harder because I usually end up having to guess on two by the time I figure out what plan of attack will work for me and get through the game...

As long as they don't have another LR like the who dives deeper one in 77. That one, while easy once I figured it out, was a dick move to put that as the last question of a section and apparently is the first time a based on the above type question had that structure... This is LR, why did you put a mini LG in it?

That last bit about 77 is fairly scary.
I'm rooting for hard LR (and RC if need be), easy LG, which I think is more or less the opposite of most people here :lol: That seems unlikely based on what people are saying about there being more unique games though.

tuna_wasabi

Bronze

Postby tuna_wasabi » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:14 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:
It's the second time I've seen you being overly hard on yourself.

My default state:)

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:18 pm

Jack_Kelly wrote:
vtdelt wrote:

I'm rooting for hard LR (and RC if need be), easy LG, which I think is more or less the opposite of most people here :lol: That seems unlikely based on what people are saying about there being more unique games though.

Yea, I'm rooting for medium all across. :D a guy a dream right?

For the last one, I don't think we need to worry. My prep course people said this is the first instance of them doing this ever and a couple of them have every prep test memorized. :shock:

If it does happen on Monday just remember, if it's a most supports or supports all except and there isn't a link between the points given in the stimulus try treating it like a logic game. This one happened to align to a 4 spot
sequencing game. As soon as that inference was made, mad easy but I wasn't able to make it during the actual test because I think I literally had 2 minutes left and after reading and diagramming I had 1 minute for my oh shit wtf moment and to solve... Not promising this is the rule but it's at least one tactic to try while having the oh shit moment instead of staring at the page going "herp derp"
Last edited by Experiment626 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Platopus

Silver

Postby Platopus » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:19 pm

Jack_Kelly wrote:
vtdelt wrote:

I wouldn't worry, it's a single question. Albeit different, it was really just a logic game question in the LR section. Haven't noticed any difference in the newer tests. Reviewing 80 now, and it is pretty straightforward.

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:24 pm

Platopus wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:
vtdelt wrote:

I wouldn't worry, it's a single question. Albeit different, it was really just a logic game question in the LR section. Haven't noticed any difference in the newer tests. Reviewing 80 now, and it is pretty straightforward.

Agreed on the don't stress about it. Low chance of it happening again and if it does, we know how to attack it. Or at least one way to try to attack.

Family is currently here for lunch because old roommate is in town to say bye to my sisters before they move away from the area or I might be PTing 78 or drilling. Not sure if I should PT again after they leave late in the afternoon or drilling.

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Postby Jack_Kelly » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:26 pm

You can pretty much be sure I'll fuck up 2-3 logic game questions by just stupidly misreading the question, and add another 3 or so if I actually misunderstand a game (which is not uncommon either). Hence the concern about that section. My ability to represent things visually to myself is pretty much nil. Most people here above 170 seem to be at -0 on the games. I'd be at 178 on my last 2 PTs if I could do that, but that is nowhere near happening.

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Postby Barry grandpapy » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:32 pm

Last edited by Barry grandpapy on Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dm1683

Silver

Postby dm1683 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:35 pm

Jack_Kelly wrote:You can pretty much be sure I'll fuck up 2-3 logic game questions by just stupidly misreading the question, and add another 3 or so if I actually misunderstand a game (which is not uncommon either). Hence the concern about that section. My ability to represent things visually to myself is pretty much nil. Most people here above 170 seem to be at -0 on the games. I'd be at 178 on my last 2 PTs if I could do that, but that is nowhere near happening.

Same with me. If I were -0 on LG every time my pt average would be 175.

And of course we will have a weird game on monday. I'm sure of it. Doing other weird games (patterns, mapping etc) to prepare but the thing about the weird games is that they're designed such that you can't really prepare for them; they just rely on innate ability to analyze situations on the fly that I don't have.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:45 pm

Last edited by dj9i27 on Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:49 pm

Taking 79 today with a proctor.

Literally not caring what I get just a great chance to have a proctor and practice some new questions before Monday.

I think I got all the anxiety out 1-2 weeks ago, this is the calmest I've ever felt before the test.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:49 pm

Tried some meditation too so well see how that helped

HenryHankPalmer

Bronze

Postby HenryHankPalmer » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:02 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:Another reason I'm ready to be done with the LSAT is because when people ask you what kind of stuff is on it, simply saying "logical reasoning" isn't enough. You have to go into detail for it to make sense.

"Oh so it's not like...laws and stuff?"

I've had this conversation with dad about twenty times, and my grandparents can not understand why I needed to take a commercial course after four years of political science courses. I'm ready to get this over with.

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Postby Barry grandpapy » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:02 pm

Last edited by Barry grandpapy on Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:06 pm

So what's the rule on test waiters threads? If there's no one else that is dying to OP that, I'd kinda like it.

That being said, I don't know if it's against ettiquette to start it before test day, and I'm in Central time, so there's pretty much no way I'd be on the boards in time to make it (I would imagine a significant number of you are EST).

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:07 pm

[.
Last edited by dj9i27 on Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:07 pm

archer grandpapy360 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:As a visitor from the Sept thread, you folks need to breathe and do something you want to do today. Go watch a movie or something (plz don't spoil aliens).
Sincerely,
Commander Porpoise
[+] Spoiler

Personally, I'm doing leg day (going for a deadlift PR), Chipotle, then DnD all afternoon. Cannot wait to strangle a goblin with my Elvin barbarian.
Sincerely,
Major Flipper

Ya boi is binging on Breaking Bad and playing Titanfall most of the day. Will review PT 76 this evening.
-Lt. Bottlenose

dm1683

Silver

Postby dm1683 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:16 pm

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:As a visitor from the Sept thread, you folks need to breathe and do something you want to do today. Go watch a movie or something (plz don't spoil aliens).
Sincerely,
Commander Porpoise
[+] Spoiler

Personally, I'm doing leg day (going for a deadlift PR), Chipotle, then DnD all afternoon. Cannot wait to strangle a goblin with my Elvin barbarian.
Sincerely,
Major Flipper

Ya boi is binging on Breaking Bad and playing Titanfall most of the day. Will review PT 76 this evening.
-Lt. Bottlenose

Doing PT 80 today. Gym and relaxation tomorrow.

Respectfully,
Sgt. Fin

Neil_Gorsuch

New

Postby Neil_Gorsuch » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:27 pm

Last edited by Neil_Gorsuch on Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Postby Jack_Kelly » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:32 pm

Neil_Gorsuch wrote:
Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
Sincerely,
Commander Porpoise
[+] Spoiler

Sincerely,
Major Flipper

-Lt. Bottlenose

Help out Slippin' Jimmy and watch Better Call Saul instead. I'm afraid it's going to get cancelled if its ratings do not improve.

I thought its ratings had improved. And I suspect it's too critically acclaimed to be anyway.

HenryHankPalmer

Bronze

Postby HenryHankPalmer » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:03 pm

Pre-LSAT Sunday Motivation Movie tiers

Top Tier:
Gladiator
Miracle
Rocky I/II/III/IV

Upper Middle:
Hoosiers
Cinderella Man
Patton
Legally Blonde

Lower Middle:
Remember The Titans
Braveheart

Bottom:
Troy

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:09 pm

Literally waiting on my family's parking meter to expire so they have to go home from lunch because my old roommate came in town. I'm dying right now, slept wel but just want to take a nap and not sure why. I hope the girl in my class that was sick last week didn't pass the plague to me on Monday...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?