The Official June 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

DOLPHINS, ARE YOU READY TO CRUSH THIS TEST?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:54 pm

FU%# YES!!!
11
28%
F#$k YES!!!
6
15%
FEAR MY BOTTLE SHAPED NOSE!!!
22
56%
 
Total votes: 39

User avatar
DKM

New
Posts: 83
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:09 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby DKM » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:46 pm

Who /whydoesgame6havetobeSundaynight/ here?

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:51 pm

DKM wrote:Who /whydoesgame6havetobeSundaynight/ here?

The only upside to my team being out

saf18hornet

Bronze
Posts: 314
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:21 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby saf18hornet » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:05 pm

dm1683 wrote:
saf18hornet wrote:
dm1683 wrote:
Amerision wrote:
dm1683 wrote:
88234 wrote:Last prep test PT 76, cause I wanted to save an easy one for last:

RC: -3
LR: -2
LG: -0, proud of this one because I fucked up a rule and caught it in the third game
LR: -1
LG extra: -0

Scaled to 176.

Congrats! I need that confidence boost tomorrow on 80. I hear it's easier than 79 which I got 170 on (-5 on both rc and lg :x ). I've concluded that I won't be satisfied with 170 on Monday because 4.0/170 still ends up racking up 200k debt at CCN.


Ugh, don't tell me that. I'm going to be very happy if I get a 170 and have a 4.0, but you just reminded me that that's not even that high of a score :'(


I know :( I mean I guess 4/170 gets good money/full rides at lower t13s like duke and mich and nu but I want the job security of a CCN degree because I predict another recession soon.


Seriously guys, you are prestige whores. If you turn down a Mordecai or a Dillard for any debt at Columbia or NYU, you're crazy.

After YS , the next 8 are all the same to me.


Fair point, except when you're median from NU and don't have a job because Republicans crashed the economy again.


That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

Barry grandpapy

Bronze
Posts: 445
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:04 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Barry grandpapy » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:15 pm

.
Last edited by Barry grandpapy on Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer

Silver
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:35 pm

saf18hornet wrote:
Seriously guys, you are prestige whores. If you turn down a Mordecai or a Dillard for any debt at Columbia or NYU, you're crazy.

After YS , the next 8 are all the same to me.


Whole reason I'm retaking is I want that Dillard. Hoping Dean Faulk wasn't joking when he said I'd get one with a 17x

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer

Silver
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:38 pm

runnergirl159 wrote:Wrote PT 80 today:

LR 1: -3
RC: -1
LG: -2
LR 2: -3

171

Thanks everyone for the advice. I chilled out yesterday (nothing LSAT at all), and I seem to have combatted burnout :)

I'm pretty happy with this score, but also a little confused. RC has historically been my worst section by far (-2 to -6) but today I killed it.
I finished with 5 minutes to go (I never finish RC early), and was pretty confident I had gotten everything right (only missed the last question, that was a parallel reasoning type q). LR used to be my best section, so I'm not sure what happened there lol. LG was pretty ok, I predictably messed up on the
"weird" game, but after BR-ing I figured it out in 1 minute. I think I just need to keep my cool better. From the past few 70's prep tests, it seems like LSAC is throwing in a weird game, but it's not really that bad once you figure it out. Good luck to everyone who's writing their last PT tomorrow!


FWIW, RC is not my strong suit, but I went -2 on PT80 when I took it live. My previous RC score had been -8 (Sept 16).

Hoping for a similar difficulty/outcome on RC on Monday. I think it's the main thing determining if I get in the 168-170 range or 173-175

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer

Silver
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:39 pm

archer grandpapy360 wrote:Is it ever a good idea to do light drilling or retake an old PT the day before?


Through my neurotic analysis of every possible contributing factor to my LSAT performance, I found that when I take days *completely* off, I perform horribly (170ish or slightly below) on my next PT.

So, even on 'off' days, I've been either reviewing misses from previous tests or taking a section or two (not necessarily even timed). I think just keeping my LSAT engine oiled helps me out a lot.

Test day I'm probably taking two RC passages, 13ish LR questions and a game or two to warm up

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer

Silver
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:42 pm

Took my last PT before the real thing today. Didn't feel great about it going in since I didn't sleep well last night and had a pretty cloudy head.

PT 76
175
RC: -2
LR1: -2
LG: 0
LR2: -3

Happy as a clam. Even with the adverse-ness of the day I still felt like I was able to attack everything well. Also think I've ironed out a lot of my RC woes. Feels great to have that as a last score in the bag going into the real thing. Now for light drilling/maintenance work tomorrow and Sunday and lets crush this thing!

Also we got 22 more pages to put on this thing by Monday so.....

Barry grandpapy

Bronze
Posts: 445
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:04 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Barry grandpapy » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:50 pm

.
Last edited by Barry grandpapy on Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Experiment626

Silver
Posts: 812
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Experiment626 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:06 pm

Been having issues with anxiety, I hate tests in general and this is the first test I've had to deal with one in over a decade, and was trying to figure out a way to be able to ensure good sleep because I have not slept well any of the nights before my PTs through my prep course. I knew Ambien and most sleep aids wasn't good because I always felt groggy for most of the next day although Zquil does nothing for me. Dr gave me a Xanax to try. Slept like a baby but was mentally slow ALL morning. So, I changed my mind today about doing PT 78 and did PT 77 instead so that i can do 78 this weekend if I want to do another PT. Doing a LG, 15 LR questions, and a RC passage as my warmup took twice as long as it should have. The fog lifted about mid way through section 2, I started my PT around 12:45 for trying to mirror Monday, and all I can say is I'm glad my experimental section was first on this one or things probably would not have ended well and my confidence would have been somewhat shot. Ended up with a 166 which is in my initial goal range of 165+ for the June test so I'll take it for now. 170+ goal for December is the new goal.

All I can say is screw the LR question about diving depths and screw office picking order LG. I couldn't figure out the LR one before the end of the section, last question of section, but then once I made the inference in my BR it was easy but that was definitely LSAC being dicks. I got a setup that was working for the LG and would have had a -0 LG if I had an extra minute or two instead of a -2. Anyone else frustrated by these random ones killing a solid chance of -0 on LG?

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver
Posts: 846
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:25 pm

archer grandpapy360 wrote:Is it ever a good idea to do light drilling or retake an old PT the day before?


I'm planning on doing a timed section.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver
Posts: 846
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:27 pm

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:Also we got 22 more pages to put on this thing by Monday so.....


I can fix that: So what is everyone's opinion of Affirmative Action in law school?

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer

Silver
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:29 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
Future Ex-Engineer wrote:Also we got 22 more pages to put on this thing by Monday so.....


I can fix that: So what is everyone's opinion of Affirmative Action in law school?


I guess that's one way... :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Platopus » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:30 pm

archer grandpapy360 wrote:
Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
archer grandpapy360 wrote:Is it ever a good idea to do light drilling or retake an old PT the day before?


Through my neurotic analysis of every possible contributing factor to my LSAT performance, I found that when I take days *completely* off, I perform horribly (170ish or slightly below) on my next PT.

So, even on 'off' days, I've been either reviewing misses from previous tests or taking a section or two (not necessarily even timed). I think just keeping my LSAT engine oiled helps me out a lot.

Test day I'm probably taking two RC passages, 13ish LR questions and a game or two to warm up


Now that you mention it I notice the same thing. I'm definitely doing either light drilling or a recent PT retake the day before now.

Apart from burnout resets I can't remember the last time I didn't do something LSAT at some point in the day.


My best tests are always after a day of review and a day of drills.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:37 pm

vtdelt wrote:sleep


I've had some success with unisom (doxlamine) this week. There's another one, Diphenhydramine, which I really don't recommend. It's Benadryl, but in most sleep meds and it can make you suuuuper groggy. I think the biggest thing with sleep meds is to take them 12 hours before you need to do anything

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:38 pm

archer grandpapy360 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
archer grandpapy360 wrote:Is it ever a good idea to do light drilling or retake an old PT the day before?


Im considering it to keep me fresh

But like, you could also drill before the test?


I was thinking: nothing tomorrow, retake a PT Sunday, do like 3 LR Qs and one sequencing game the morning of Monday. I can't imagine doing that giving me any fatigue since it is way lighter than my usual schedule.

What do you plan on doing?


79 tomorrow. With some drilling and review.



Originally I wasn't planning on doing any LSAT Sunday but I think I'll add in some review, I tend to get a lot of benefits from review

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Platopus » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:42 pm

Any advice for smuggling a fidget spinner into the test center? Heard if you just screech at the proctor when they try to confiscate it they back off and you can keep it on your desk.

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:51 pm

[
Last edited by dj9i27 on Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Experiment626

Silver
Posts: 812
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Experiment626 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:53 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
vtdelt wrote:sleep


I've had some success with unisom (doxlamine) this week. There's another one, Diphenhydramine, which I really don't recommend. It's Benadryl, but in most sleep meds and it can make you suuuuper groggy. I think the biggest thing with sleep meds is to take them 12 hours before you need to do anything


Thanks, I might try unisom tomorrow cuz melatonin doesn't work either. I've always been wary about actual sleeping aids, I've always been sensitive to most sedatives, minus the zquil apparently. Shit you not, when I was a kid and had my tonsils taken out the sleeping gas, yea I'm that old that they used gas instead of an IV, I was knocked out for like 12 hours instead of 4 and they almost thought I went into a coma because they hadn't seen a reaction that bad.

Thing that freaked me out with the xanax was that the groggy/fog was for a good 15 hours after taking the Xanax which is less than ambien because that's usually the entire next day for me. Only other thing i could think of is literally pulling an all nighter Saturday, powering through Sunday until like 8 PM and PTFO but I'm pretty sure that would also have adverse effects and at that point, it's probably better to just deal with the low sleep and let the adrenaline take care things.

User avatar
Experiment626

Silver
Posts: 812
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Experiment626 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:54 pm

Platopus wrote:Any advice for smuggling a fidget spinner into the test center? Heard if you just screech at the proctor when they try to confiscate it they back off and you can keep it on your desk.



Wouldn't work for this test but if you have an old ADHD diagnosis I'm sure you could get it as a reasonable accommodation cuz those are a lot easier to get now.

User avatar
Experiment626

Silver
Posts: 812
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Experiment626 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:57 pm

.
Last edited by Experiment626 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:01 pm

vtdelt wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
vtdelt wrote:sleep


I've had some success with unisom (doxlamine) this week. There's another one, Diphenhydramine, which I really don't recommend. It's Benadryl, but in most sleep meds and it can make you suuuuper groggy. I think the biggest thing with sleep meds is to take them 12 hours before you need to do anything


Thanks, I might try unisom tomorrow cuz melatonin doesn't work either. I've always been wary about actual sleeping aids, I've always been sensitive to most sedatives, minus the zquil apparently. Shit you not, when I was a kid and had my tonsils taken out the sleeping gas, yea I'm that old that they used gas instead of an IV, I was knocked out for like 12 hours instead of 4 and they almost thought I went into a coma because they hadn't seen a reaction that bad.

Thing that freaked me out with the xanax was that the groggy/fog was for a good 15 hours after taking the Xanax which is less than ambien because that's usually the entire next day for me. Only other thing i could think of is literally pulling an all nighter Saturday, powering through Sunday until like 8 PM and PTFO but I'm pretty sure that would also have adverse effects and at that point, it's probably better to just deal with the low sleep and let the adrenaline take care things.

Sleep deprivation is cumulative so I've you sleep a lot the next couple days it would still help

User avatar
Experiment626

Silver
Posts: 812
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Experiment626 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:04 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:Sleep deprivation is cumulative so I've you sleep a lot the next couple days it would still help


Isn't it cumulative after it starts? Like if I slept 12 hours last night that's not going to offset the lack of sleep I may get tonight right?

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:06 pm

vtdelt wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:Sleep deprivation is cumulative so I've you sleep a lot the next couple days it would still help


Isn't it cumulative after it starts? Like if I slept 12 hours last night that's not going to offset the lack of sleep I may get tonight right?

It can correct for occasional nights where you get bad sleep but it's more of like an aggregate ? I think? I don't know at what point it starts

User avatar
Experiment626

Silver
Posts: 812
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Experiment626 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:11 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
vtdelt wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:Sleep deprivation is cumulative so I've you sleep a lot the next couple days it would still help


Isn't it cumulative after it starts? Like if I slept 12 hours last night that's not going to offset the lack of sleep I may get tonight right?

It can correct for occasional nights where you get bad sleep but it's more of like an aggregate ? I think? I don't know at what point it starts


Haha, maybe I should Xanax myself tonight then too since I'm not going to touch anything LSAT related for at least 14 hours with having my family come over for lunch and stuff...



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests