The Official June 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

DOLPHINS, ARE YOU READY TO CRUSH THIS TEST?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:54 pm

FU%# YES!!!
28%
F#$k YES!!!
15%
FEAR MY BOTTLE SHAPED NOSE!!!
56%

Total votes: 39

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:01 pm

NavyNuke wrote:What's the best school that you guys have gotten an email from? Just curious, most of mine are from schools I have never heard of. Got one from William and Mary which was nice. Hoping to have them as one of my options.

like the "good luck!" ones? just got one from ASU

NavyNuke

Bronze

Postby NavyNuke » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:03 pm

Last edited by NavyNuke on Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:05 pm

NavyNuke wrote:Yeah I meant good luck email. WUSTL has been blowing my inbox up since I signed up too.

and they will till you deposit lol

and probably after

Oilers15

New

Postby Oilers15 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:10 pm

Long time lurker, finally decided to make an account. Would you guys recommend taking C2 or 71 tomorrow for my last test? Had planned for my last test to be last night but changed my mind and plan on taking the hour drive to the city my test centre is in and simulate test day.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:15 pm

Oilers15 wrote:Long time lurker, finally decided to make an account. Would you guys recommend taking C2 or 71 tomorrow for my last test? Had planned for my last test to be last night but changed my mind and plan on taking the hour drive to the city my test centre is in and simulate test day.

C2 is a pretty generic test, and by far is my top PT score so far. If it's a confidence boost you want take that one.

heyduchess

Silver

Postby heyduchess » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:05 pm

NavyNuke wrote:Yeah I meant good luck email. WUSTL has been blowing my inbox up since I signed up too.

Yeah, but they were kind enough to waive the fee, so all good babybaby. Ditto W&L.

heyduchess

Silver

Postby heyduchess » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:08 pm

What time are you getting to the testing center?

Platopus

Silver

Postby Platopus » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:11 pm

So i'm thinking tomorrow I'll take PT 80, review on Saturday morning, light drilling Saturday night, and break up PT 79 for drilling on Sunday taking on LR and LG in the morning and the other LR and RC in the afternoon.

edit: went to the eye doctor last Friday, so I'm really hoping my new glasses are in, because I really think that will help with reading and focus. My current prescription is like 3+ years old and got much worse. Also haven't clipped my thumbnail on my right hand so it will be easier to reset my watch. I am the definition of Type-A. Jesus christ this test brings out some really weird parts of me I didn't know were there.

Amerision

Bronze

Postby Amerision » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:37 pm

Platopus wrote:So i'm thinking tomorrow I'll take PT 80, review on Saturday morning, light drilling Saturday night, and break up PT 79 for drilling on Sunday taking on LR and LG in the morning and the other LR and RC in the afternoon.

edit: went to the eye doctor last Friday, so I'm really hoping my new glasses are in, because I really think that will help with reading and focus. My current prescription is like 3+ years old and got much worse. Also haven't clipped my thumbnail on my right hand so it will be easier to reset my watch. I am the definition of Type-A. Jesus christ this test brings out some really weird parts of me I didn't know were there.

Haven't cut my hair though I've been wanting to for a while because I'm afraid I won't match my test ticket. Rip, lol.
Last edited by Amerision on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jsr739

New

Postby jsr739 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:56 pm

Heyyo, new person here hoping to get some advice.

I learned LG then took my first diagnostic for a 146. Since then I've raised that to a 169 average while studying full time over the past 5 weeks. I'm taking the administration on Monday and need to return to my full time job after that (about 70-80 hrs/week), but I really need my score to be 174+ before I apply.

Two weeks ago, I was scoring above 170 and made it up to 175. Since then, I've just dropped off and am scoring terribly. Idk what happened. You can see a screenshot of my stats here: http://imgur.com/a/dz5OX

I thought it might be burnout and took my second day off in five weeks yesterday. Nonetheless, I still scored a 167 today.

What do you guys think? Have you seen this pattern before or know what might be going wrong? How realistic is it that I can get up to 174+ by September? What do I need to do to get there?

Much appreciated.

dm1683

Silver

Postby dm1683 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:08 pm

Amerision wrote:
Platopus wrote:So i'm thinking tomorrow I'll take PT 80, review on Saturday morning, light drilling Saturday night, and break up PT 79 for drilling on Sunday taking on LR and LG in the morning and the other LR and RC in the afternoon.

Haven't cut my hair though I've been wanting to for a while because I'm afraid I won't match my test ticket. Rip, lol.

I have the same fear. i was wearing a ton of makeup when i sat for my photo and I look like a completely different (read: much uglier) person without it. I'm not gonna do that test day bc it's distracting.

Pozzo

Gold

Postby Pozzo » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:10 pm

jsr739 wrote:Heyyo, new person here hoping to get some advice.

I learned LG then took my first diagnostic for a 146. Since then I've raised that to a 169 average while studying full time over the past 5 weeks. I'm taking the administration on Monday and need to return to my full time job after that (about 70-80 hrs/week), but I really need my score to be 174+ before I apply.

Two weeks ago, I was scoring above 170 and made it up to 175. Since then, I've just dropped off and am scoring terribly. Idk what happened. You can see a screenshot of my stats here: http://imgur.com/a/dz5OX

I thought it might be burnout and took my second day off in five weeks yesterday. Nonetheless, I still scored a 167 today.

What do you guys think? Have you seen this pattern before or know what might be going wrong? How realistic is it that I can get up to 174+ by September? What do I need to do to get there?

Much appreciated.

First, congrats on the huge gains so far. Have you been taking all the PTs in roughly the same environment? And have they been in test day-type conditions? If so, then I think you should go into Monday's test with an optimistic attitude and a huge amount of confidence. In terms of getting up to 174 by Sept. (or maybe you'll nail it Monday!), I would take a look at all the tests you've done so far and ID trends by section. Focus in on shoring up the fundamentals on your weakest areas and drilling all areas. You have more to gain through targeted practice than by just taking a glut of PTs between now and then. Is it possible to get there? Absolutely, but each point gained above 170 gets harder and harder, and smart practice will be key. Good luck Monday!

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Postby Barry grandpapy » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:16 pm

Last edited by Barry grandpapy on Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amerision

Bronze

Postby Amerision » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:22 pm

archer grandpapy360 wrote:PT 76
RC: -1
LR 1: -0
LG: -0
LR 2: -0

Oh. Snap.

You fucker. You don't need all those points. Redistribute them among the masses!!!!

On a serious note, congrats. Good to see you back up there again.
Last edited by Amerision on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jsr739

New

Postby jsr739 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:30 pm

Pozzo wrote:
jsr739 wrote:Heyyo, new person here hoping to get some advice.

Much appreciated.

First, congrats on the huge gains so far. Have you been taking all the PTs in roughly the same environment? And have they been in test day-type conditions? If so, then I think you should go into Monday's test with an optimistic attitude and a huge amount of confidence. In terms of getting up to 174 by Sept. (or maybe you'll nail it Monday!), I would take a look at all the tests you've done so far and ID trends by section. Focus in on shoring up the fundamentals on your weakest areas and drilling all areas. You have more to gain through targeted practice than by just taking a glut of PTs between now and then. Is it possible to get there? Absolutely, but each point gained above 170 gets harder and harder, and smart practice will be key. Good luck Monday!

Thanks! Yes, I've been alternating between testing in my apartment, the public library, and outside (with sirens and whatnot). I always take 5 section, timed tests, and often take less than the 15-minute break to train against mental fatigue. What you think is the best method to drill specific areas? I have the "10 Actuals" books that I've been using for testing and drilling by section, but I don't have a method for drilling by question type, if that's even a good idea.

Proud of my gains so far but frustrated at the downward turn. Will def be doing more targeted practice this summer then unless that miracle we're all hoping for comes through on Monday.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:32 pm

Oh. Snap.

There it is!

tuna_wasabi

Bronze

Postby tuna_wasabi » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:54 pm

Oh. Snap.

Congrats! How the f do you gain -0 in both LRs?

zkyggi

Bronze

Postby zkyggi » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:18 pm

Oh. Snap.

Looks like both of us had good days. Congratulations!
Last edited by zkyggi on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:44 pm

Literally having an internal debate on if I should go with my plan to wear new contacts and bring my glasses as backup or just wear glasses on test day. Haven't had any issues with contacts and my PTs though.

I think this brings out a lot of weird for anyone serious about it. Literally the slightest thing could set you off on test day with how much we obsess over this test. I'm doing a full test day sim tomorrow and minus the driving to the center I'm literally eating the same things for dinner, going to bed a the same time, wearing the same clothes as day of, and having the same day of meals and snacks before I start my PT about the the time I estimate my center will start it. As I was getting ready for bed, I checked nail length in case they were too long and would annoy me, shaved and made sure there weren't stray hairs that I would get OCD and try and pull out because they would bug me in the morning, etc.

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:50 pm

so y'all getting 180s or what?

Platopus

Silver

Postby Platopus » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:46 pm

chargers21 wrote:so y'all getting 180s or what?

God I hope not, that would ruin my ego for the next 20-25 years. I would bring it up ad nauseam.

heyduchess

Silver

Postby heyduchess » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:38 am

Platopus wrote:
chargers21 wrote:so y'all getting 180s or what?

God I hope not, that would ruin my ego for the next 20-25 years. I would bring it up ad nauseam.

I'll take it off your hands.

heyduchess

Silver

Postby heyduchess » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:40 am

Whoever said "Read the RC questions 1st" earlier...

TYSM. THAT WAS INCREDIBLE. IT FELT LIKE I WAS CHEATING THE ENTIRE RC. HOW HAD I NEVER THOUGHT OF THIS? YOU ARE AN ANGEL. A BOTTLENOSE DOLPHIN ANGEL.

Neil_Gorsuch

New

Postby Neil_Gorsuch » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:15 am

Last edited by Neil_Gorsuch on Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:26 am

heyduchess wrote:Whoever said "Read the RC questions 1st" earlier...

TYSM. THAT WAS INCREDIBLE. IT FELT LIKE I WAS CHEATING THE ENTIRE RC. HOW HAD I NEVER THOUGHT OF THIS? YOU ARE AN ANGEL. A BOTTLENOSE DOLPHIN ANGEL.

I've tried this before and it was an utter disaster, but if it work for you run with it!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?