The Official June 2017 Study Group

DOLPHINS, ARE YOU READY TO CRUSH THIS TEST?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:54 pm

FU%# YES!!!
11
28%
F#$k YES!!!
6
15%
FEAR MY BOTTLE SHAPED NOSE!!!
22
56%
 
Total votes: 39

User avatar
34iplaw
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby 34iplaw » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:43 pm

blackmamba8 wrote:I use mine a lot when I'm drilling. I could always just use the timer on my phone or an actual watch but I like how easy the LSAT watches are to use.


That's a good idea; it's good to do as much as you could as you would on the test.

User avatar
blackmamba8
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby blackmamba8 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:00 pm

34iplaw wrote:
blackmamba8 wrote:I use mine a lot when I'm drilling. I could always just use the timer on my phone or an actual watch but I like how easy the LSAT watches are to use.


That's a good idea; it's good to do as much as you could as you would on the test.

Yeah it was nice having one less thing to worry about on exam day. My proctor in September didn't even give a 5 minute warning for one of the sections and the room didn't have a clock, so even if someone doesn't want to buy an LSAT specific watch I think a timekeeper of some kind is a necessity. You never know what'll happen.

User avatar
Mikey
Posts: 7550
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:16 am

I had a dream for some reason about the LSAT, and it was very weird.

I was taking the LSAT at home, my mom was the proctor, and my grandmother was also taking the test for some reason. The LR section had pictures in the stimulus of some questions and some answer choices were pictures/diagrams. It looks like some pattern game diagram type shit but for multiple LR questions. Well, I had no fucking clue what to do and I finished like 3 questions for the whole section while my grandmother finished it. Yeah, idk.

User avatar
blackmamba8
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby blackmamba8 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:54 am

Mikey wrote:I had a dream for some reason about the LSAT, and it was very weird.

I was taking the LSAT at home, my mom was the proctor, and my grandmother was also taking the test for some reason. The LR section had pictures in the stimulus of some questions and some answer choices were pictures/diagrams. It looks like some pattern game diagram type shit but for multiple LR questions. Well, I had no fucking clue what to do and I finished like 3 questions for the whole section while my grandmother finished it. Yeah, idk.

Your grandmother's been putting in that LSAT work behind the scenes haha.

User avatar
aurelian
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:10 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby aurelian » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:06 pm

I am so incredibly bad at LG that even assurances that everyone can get better at LG can't assure me. Anyone feel the same?

User avatar
Walliums
Posts: 574
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Walliums » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:39 pm

.
Last edited by Walliums on Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Walliums
Posts: 574
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Walliums » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:16 pm

.
Last edited by Walliums on Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PrezRand
Posts: 1572
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:31 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby PrezRand » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:13 pm

Walliums wrote:
PrezRand wrote:
O.J. wrote:
PrezRand wrote:Is anyone here not aiming for the t14?


Me. But I'm the exception (43 years old). I own a home, have a family and my income will be supplemental, not a necessity. I need a local school and aiming for Pepperdine or LMU, maybe UCLA if enough $ is offered. Very debt adverse, so a solid LSAT is paramount for me. I have really strong softs, URM, and between my diagnostic so far and 3.8GPA, I should nail this thing. Fingers crossed.

What's your situation? Why are you looking outside T-14?

I live in Texas and want to work here unless I can crack DC. UT would be the cheapest option for me while also being the best school for Texas besides HYS and since I am a URM, I think being at the median would still give me a solid chance at biglaw here.


Prez, are you applying for fall of 2018? Maybe we will end up in the same class :)

If you mean to start in fall of 2018, yes

User avatar
dj9i27
Posts: 4366
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:14 pm

.
Last edited by dj9i27 on Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mikey
Posts: 7550
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:16 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
aurelian wrote:I am so incredibly bad at LG that even assurances that everyone can get better at LG can't assure me. Anyone feel the same?


Dog, when I started LG I got like 7 right and after 1.5/2 months of QT drilling I was going -0/-1 per section. Practice makes perfect.

^ this

games are easiest to get good at if you just do a crap ton of them, and even do the same games over again. every game is the same thing but in different variations of sequencing or grouping

User avatar
dj9i27
Posts: 4366
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:19 pm

.
Last edited by dj9i27 on Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Walliums
Posts: 574
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Walliums » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:20 pm

.
Last edited by Walliums on Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mikey
Posts: 7550
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:28 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
aurelian wrote:I am so incredibly bad at LG that even assurances that everyone can get better at LG can't assure me. Anyone feel the same?


Dog, when I started LG I got like 7 right and after 1.5/2 months of QT drilling I was going -0/-1 per section. Practice makes perfect.

^ this

games are easiest to get good at if you just do a crap ton of them, and even do the same games over again. every game is the same thing but in different variations of sequencing or grouping


[+] Spoiler
Image


I redid games 3x each in intervals of a day apart from the old ones. now if I could just figure out the new, fucked up weird ones.

fuck the weird games

User avatar
nimbus cloud
Posts: 533
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:19 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby nimbus cloud » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:38 pm

.
Last edited by nimbus cloud on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
34iplaw
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby 34iplaw » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:50 pm

nimbus cloud wrote:I sucked at games initially then PT'ed -1 average and ended up going -6 (out of total -8) on the actual test. So 75% of the missed questions came trom LG.

Easiest to improve on for sure, but I hear people say you're guaranteed -0/-1 on LG if you are good at LSAT, and that was clearly not the case for me.


I don't think it's necessarily the case anymore. These weird games are harder to study for and missing inferences is usually more painful than it is on standard games. I think people really need to try to be flexible in how they approach games.

User avatar
nimbus cloud
Posts: 533
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:19 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby nimbus cloud » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:10 pm

.
Last edited by nimbus cloud on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dm1683
Posts: 645
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby dm1683 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:27 pm

nimbus cloud wrote:
34iplaw wrote:I don't think it's necessarily the case anymore. These weird games are harder to study for and missing inferences is usually more painful than it is on standard games. I think people really need to try to be flexible in how they approach games.


Yeah, you might do well on it, or you might not. It's becoming like the other two sections. As it should be imo.


Exactly my thoughts. I feel like those weird games are LSAC's way of making LG less "learnable" and making high levels of success dependent on both practice and intellectual ability rather than practice alone. In other words, they don't want average Joe to be able to go -0 just because he studied for a gazillion hours. Certainly they're aware how (supposedly) easy improvement is on LG and they probably want to set a ceiling so that pure practice can only take you so far.

User avatar
aurelian
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:10 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby aurelian » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:45 pm

dm1683 wrote:
nimbus cloud wrote:
34iplaw wrote:I don't think it's necessarily the case anymore. These weird games are harder to study for and missing inferences is usually more painful than it is on standard games. I think people really need to try to be flexible in how they approach games.


Yeah, you might do well on it, or you might not. It's becoming like the other two sections. As it should be imo.


Exactly my thoughts. I feel like those weird games are LSAC's way of making LG less "learnable" and making high levels of success dependent on both practice and intellectual ability rather than practice alone. In other words, they don't want average Joe to be able to go -0 just because he studied for a gazillion hours. Certainly they're aware how (supposedly) easy improvement is on LG and they probably want to set a ceiling so that pure practice can only take you so far.


Better take the LSAT before they start doing this for all four games rather than just one!

User avatar
dj9i27
Posts: 4366
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:04 pm

.
Last edited by dj9i27 on Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
thazel
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:10 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby thazel » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:06 pm

dj9i27 wrote:decided to start the trainer (again) tomorrow and use that to Feb. to kickstart my lsat brain again. finished printing my 500+ goddamn pages of games, just need to order the PTs when I move.

the nerves are starting for some reason, lets see what a 1.5 month layoff does.


Sorry if this is a dumb question but where do you buy your pages of games to print out?

User avatar
dj9i27
Posts: 4366
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:07 pm

.
Last edited by dj9i27 on Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
thazel
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:10 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby thazel » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:12 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
thazel wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:decided to start the trainer (again) tomorrow and use that to Feb. to kickstart my lsat brain again. finished printing my 500+ goddamn pages of games, just need to order the PTs when I move.

the nerves are starting for some reason, lets see what a 1.5 month layoff does.


Sorry if this is a dumb question but where do you buy your pages of games to print out?


pdf file and printed out and sorted every one. so much time but I worked back in June '16 and I'm sure it'll work now.


Which site did you buy the PDF files from? Sounds like a strong study plan.

User avatar
Rupert Pupkin
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:21 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:12 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
thazel wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:decided to start the trainer (again) tomorrow and use that to Feb. to kickstart my lsat brain again. finished printing my 500+ goddamn pages of games, just need to order the PTs when I move.

the nerves are starting for some reason, lets see what a 1.5 month layoff does.


Sorry if this is a dumb question but where do you buy your pages of games to print out?


pdf file and printed out and sorted every one. so much time but I worked back in June '16 and I'm sure it'll work now.


I hadnt studied from Sept exam till Christmas, and it was def an adjustment but now finally im more in the groove thinking in LSAT mode. First few days are rough. Also working through the Trainer and am about 1/3 way through

User avatar
dj9i27
Posts: 4366
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:14 pm

.
Last edited by dj9i27 on Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dj9i27
Posts: 4366
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:16 pm

.
Last edited by dj9i27 on Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: icechicken and 6 guests