The Official June 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

DOLPHINS, ARE YOU READY TO CRUSH THIS TEST?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:54 pm

FU%# YES!!!
11
28%
F#$k YES!!!
6
15%
FEAR MY BOTTLE SHAPED NOSE!!!
22
56%
 
Total votes: 39

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver
Posts: 846
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:53 am

calmike wrote:I was PT'ing in the 170's before I jumped in to the 70's PTs. Now I am super nervous and the test is in a week. I have been scoring lower.

What are you scoring lower on? The RC is definitely much harder in the 70s than it was earlier, and while the LR is different, it really isn't any harder than before, just a bit different. Took me a few tests to get use to the changes.

User avatar
calmike

Bronze
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:40 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby calmike » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:00 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
calmike wrote:I was PT'ing in the 170's before I jumped in to the 70's PTs. Now I am super nervous and the test is in a week. I have been scoring lower.

What are you scoring lower on? The RC is definitely much harder in the 70s than it was earlier, and while the LR is different, it really isn't any harder than before, just a bit different. Took me a few tests to get use to the changes.



I was consistently hitting -0 on LG and now I have been scoring -2 or -3.

Total, for LR was usually -4 to -7 but now its like -7 to -9

RC has always been -3 to -5 LOL

User avatar
calmike

Bronze
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:40 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby calmike » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:01 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
calmike wrote:I was PT'ing in the 170's before I jumped in to the 70's PTs. Now I am super nervous and the test is in a week. I have been scoring lower.

What are you scoring lower on? The RC is definitely much harder in the 70s than it was earlier, and while the LR is different, it really isn't any harder than before, just a bit different. Took me a few tests to get use to the changes.


I am reviewing PT 76 right now. I realize that for RC and LR, I need to use the Process of Elimination a whole lot better. For LG, I am going to drill the hardest LG's this week.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver
Posts: 846
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:11 pm

calmike wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
calmike wrote:I was PT'ing in the 170's before I jumped in to the 70's PTs. Now I am super nervous and the test is in a week. I have been scoring lower.

What are you scoring lower on? The RC is definitely much harder in the 70s than it was earlier, and while the LR is different, it really isn't any harder than before, just a bit different. Took me a few tests to get use to the changes.


I am reviewing PT 76 right now. I realize that for RC and LR, I need to use the Process of Elimination a whole lot better. For LG, I am going to drill the hardest LG's this week.

I found I had to use process of elimination a lot more in the 70s for LR, there are always a few questions now that have a correct answer that I can't really seem to prove, but the other 4 are just 100% wrong so I can still get to the right answer. For LG I found that in many more cases than before games have had very rule driven questions, vs. the 50s and 60s which I feel were better solved by solving for all possibilities/making hypos upfront. For example game 1 I recently did in a late 70s PT apart from my basic initial diagram I didn't write anything else down, and I solved the game in 3.5 minutes just by eliminating ACs by applying the rules to each question.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:17 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
calmike wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
calmike wrote:I was PT'ing in the 170's before I jumped in to the 70's PTs. Now I am super nervous and the test is in a week. I have been scoring lower.

What are you scoring lower on? The RC is definitely much harder in the 70s than it was earlier, and while the LR is different, it really isn't any harder than before, just a bit different. Took me a few tests to get use to the changes.


I am reviewing PT 76 right now. I realize that for RC and LR, I need to use the Process of Elimination a whole lot better. For LG, I am going to drill the hardest LG's this week.

I found I had to use process of elimination a lot more in the 70s for LR, there are always a few questions now that have a correct answer that I can't really seem to prove, but the other 4 are just 100% wrong so I can still get to the right answer. For LG I found that in many more cases than before games have had very rule driven questions, vs. the 50s and 60s which I feel were better solved by solving for all possibilities/making hypos upfront. For example game 1 I recently did in a late 70s PT apart from my basic initial diagram I didn't write anything else down, and I solved the game in 3.5 minutes just by eliminating ACs by applying the rules to each question.


I've been dealing with "70s shock" and it's largely bc I think I've forgotten what you mention. Seems like the LR is more POE driven and the games are more run n gun. For RC I find that it helps much more to make specific references more bc the ACs are a little more nuanced. I don't think the passages themselves are harder?

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver
Posts: 846
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:39 pm

Does anyone know when PT C2 was administered? I got SuperPrep II because 7sage had it listed as January 2016 but I've read on the 7sage forums and /r/LSAT that it is older than that, probably from the 60s. I was planning on doing C2 on Saturday and 80 tomorrow but if it really is that old I'm not sure if I want to do it right before the real thing.

User avatar
zkyggi

Bronze
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:14 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby zkyggi » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:27 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:Does anyone know when PT C2 was administered? I got SuperPrep II because 7sage had it listed as January 2016 but I've read on the 7sage forums and /r/LSAT that it is older than that, probably from the 60s. I was planning on doing C2 on Saturday and 80 tomorrow but if it really is that old I'm not sure if I want to do it right before the real thing.


The SPII released tests are from the 60s
Last edited by zkyggi on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver
Posts: 846
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:29 pm

zkyggi wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:Does anyone know when PT C2 was administered? I got SuperPrep II because 7sage had it listed as January 2016 but I've read on the 7sage forums and /r/LSAT that it is older than that, probably from the 60s. I was planning on doing C2 on Saturday and 80 tomorrow but if it really is that old I'm not sure if I want to do it right before the real thing.


The SPII released tests are from the 60s


Well damn. Was thinking I had an extra mid/late 70s test left. I'll probably just take it tomorrow then do 80 on Saturday. Or alternatively I can take 74 tomorrow, LR and LG is fresh but I did do the RC during the e-test.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:35 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
zkyggi wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:Does anyone know when PT C2 was administered? I got SuperPrep II because 7sage had it listed as January 2016 but I've read on the 7sage forums and /r/LSAT that it is older than that, probably from the 60s. I was planning on doing C2 on Saturday and 80 tomorrow but if it really is that old I'm not sure if I want to do it right before the real thing.


The SPII released tests are from the 60s


Well damn. Was thinking I had an extra mid/late 70s test left. I'll probably just take it tomorrow then do 80 on Saturday. Or alternatively I can take 74 tomorrow, LR and LG is fresh but I did do the RC during the e-test.

I'm pretty sure 7sage is right when they say C2 is from Feb 2016 (or jan. as they stated). the rest of the PTs are from the 60's, but I'm 99% sure C2 is from last year.

User avatar
34iplaw

Gold
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby 34iplaw » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:39 pm

C2 is January 2016.
A is February 1996.
B is February 1999.
C is February 2007.

User avatar
it's allgood

Bronze
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby it's allgood » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:09 pm

calmike wrote:I was PT'ing in the 170's before I jumped in to the 70's PTs. Now I am super nervous and the test is in a week. I have been scoring lower.


you still have enough time to adjust! Just type out a clean copy and practice what you have missed or go over another blank test. You will get used to the new ways that the 70s test us.

User avatar
it's allgood

Bronze
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby it's allgood » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:13 pm

lynn.wibi wrote:Praying for a stupidly generous curve. In terms of difficulty, I can't really tell the difference between tests with generous curve and those with brutal curve.

PT 78
LR 1: -2 (careless mistakes, e.g. misread the AC or the question stem incorrectly, because ¯\_(ツ)_/¯).
LR 2: -3
LG: 0
RC: -3

Experimentals:
PT 15.3 (LR): -1 (On q.1, because ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
PT 16.2 (LR): -1

Note: LR: Very disappointed. 2 careless mistakes (misread weaken as strengthen), 2 more difficult questions that in retrospect would've been doable had I not panicked. The other 1 is a toss-up between 2 ACs--seems like a lost cause to me. LG: tricky but doable. RC: 1 seems like a lost cause. The other 2 look preventable (I think...).

So frustrated right now. This makes the 3rd 172. It's odd because prior to this, from PTs 71, 74, 77, and the late 60s, I hit at most -3 total on LR. Not sure if it's because of burnout, but this is just tiring.

I was planning to do PT 79 and PT 80 this week, but after seeing this, 1 PT and tons of LR review look like a better plan.


You may want to try just taking a few days off from LSAT studying before doing the LR reviewing and PT. At least I find when I take a few days off, I come back with a new understanding of the test that I did not have before I took the break.

saf18hornet

Bronze
Posts: 314
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:21 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby saf18hornet » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:30 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
zkyggi wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:Does anyone know when PT C2 was administered? I got SuperPrep II because 7sage had it listed as January 2016 but I've read on the 7sage forums and /r/LSAT that it is older than that, probably from the 60s. I was planning on doing C2 on Saturday and 80 tomorrow but if it really is that old I'm not sure if I want to do it right before the real thing.


The SPII released tests are from the 60s


Well damn. Was thinking I had an extra mid/late 70s test left. I'll probably just take it tomorrow then do 80 on Saturday. Or alternatively I can take 74 tomorrow, LR and LG is fresh but I did do the RC during the e-test.


I took 74 yesterday, doing BR right now. I just wanted to say that the Han purple question is complete and utter crap. That is all. :)

saf18hornet

Bronze
Posts: 314
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:21 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby saf18hornet » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:33 pm

34iplaw wrote:C2 is January 2016.
A is February 1996.
B is February 1999.
C is February 2007.


A2 is PT 62.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:10 pm

dang wish i could get my hands on that by itself without having to get superprep

just took 75, but with a big break after section 3,

176!!
after like, weeks of being sub 170 this feels nice. even though ive seen the test before, i only really remembered a couple of LR and still had a hard time with them. didnt remember RC at all. tbh after the past couple im just happy that i answered questions with some accuracy lol.

LR1-2 (didnt finish in time actually, bc distractions at panera.)
RC-2
LR2 -0
LG -0


during rc in my last PT i went through the passages in order, and i really struggled with timing and clarity. normally I go based on which passages have the most questions and do those first, which is what i did this time and it went much better, so i'll stick with that.

User avatar
tuna_wasabi

Bronze
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:16 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby tuna_wasabi » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:35 pm

it's allgood wrote:
lynn.wibi wrote:Praying for a stupidly generous curve. In terms of difficulty, I can't really tell the difference between tests with generous curve and those with brutal curve.

PT 78
LR 1: -2 (careless mistakes, e.g. misread the AC or the question stem incorrectly, because ¯\_(ツ)_/¯).
LR 2: -3
LG: 0
RC: -3

Experimentals:
PT 15.3 (LR): -1 (On q.1, because ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
PT 16.2 (LR): -1

Note: LR: Very disappointed. 2 careless mistakes (misread weaken as strengthen), 2 more difficult questions that in retrospect would've been doable had I not panicked. The other 1 is a toss-up between 2 ACs--seems like a lost cause to me. LG: tricky but doable. RC: 1 seems like a lost cause. The other 2 look preventable (I think...).

So frustrated right now. This makes the 3rd 172. It's odd because prior to this, from PTs 71, 74, 77, and the late 60s, I hit at most -3 total on LR. Not sure if it's because of burnout, but this is just tiring.

I was planning to do PT 79 and PT 80 this week, but after seeing this, 1 PT and tons of LR review look like a better plan.


You may want to try just taking a few days off from LSAT studying before doing the LR reviewing and PT. At least I find when I take a few days off, I come back with a new understanding of the test that I did not have before I took the break.


Thanks! I will prob take it easy today and tomorrow. I was almost convinced yesterday that I should withdraw and just give up on law school altogether haha...

User avatar
Walliums

Silver
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Walliums » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:10 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:dang wish i could get my hands on that by itself without having to get superprep

just took 75, but with a big break after section 3,

176!!
after like, weeks of being sub 170 this feels nice. even though ive seen the test before, i only really remembered a couple of LR and still had a hard time with them. didnt remember RC at all. tbh after the past couple im just happy that i answered questions with some accuracy lol.

LR1-2 (didnt finish in time actually, bc distractions at panera.)
RC-2
LR2 -0
LG -0


during rc in my last PT i went through the passages in order, and i really struggled with timing and clarity. normally I go based on which passages have the most questions and do those first, which is what i did this time and it went much better, so i'll stick with that.


Yay!!!! Nice work!

User avatar
MediocreAtBest

Silver
Posts: 632
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:51 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby MediocreAtBest » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:11 pm

Let's all go to the same school

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver
Posts: 846
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:37 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:Let's all go to the same school

So Cooley?

User avatar
MediocreAtBest

Silver
Posts: 632
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:51 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby MediocreAtBest » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:50 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:Let's all go to the same school

So Cooley?


That's fine with me. We can just start our own big firm once we graduate. Pave a new path.

User avatar
Walliums

Silver
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Walliums » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:05 pm

What are you guys doing to prevent burnout this week? Today I did some drills in the morning and then went to work. Later in the morning I took a 35 min section of four really hard reading comp questions and did awesome (-1 on 29 questions ya boii) and then I did more work/meetings. Towards the end of the work day I did two LR sections and didn't do very good (-4 on both). Feel really defeated but I also felt afterwards like I was just wiped out from the day. Ugh

Maybe I will do some logic games tonight because I actually enjoy those.

User avatar
Amerision

Bronze
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:22 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Amerision » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:09 pm

Walliums wrote:What are you guys doing to prevent burnout this week? Today I did some drills in the morning and then went to work. Later in the morning I took a 35 min section of four really hard reading comp questions and did awesome (-1 on 29 questions ya boii) and then I did more work/meetings. Towards the end of the work day I did two LR sections and didn't do very good (-4 on both). Feel really defeated but I also felt afterwards like I was just wiped out from the day. Ugh

Maybe I will do some logic games tonight because I actually enjoy those.


Honestly, I'm kind of chillin'. I've been studying for six months, I think I know my stuff. I'm doing 3 LG sections a day (from 1-40) and I'll take PT 80 later this week, but other than that... I think I'm done.
Last edited by Amerision on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dm1683

Silver
Posts: 744
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby dm1683 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:36 pm

Amerision wrote:
Walliums wrote:What are you guys doing to prevent burnout this week? Today I did some drills in the morning and then went to work. Later in the morning I took a 35 min section of four really hard reading comp questions and did awesome (-1 on 29 questions ya boii) and then I did more work/meetings. Towards the end of the work day I did two LR sections and didn't do very good (-4 on both). Feel really defeated but I also felt afterwards like I was just wiped out from the day. Ugh

Maybe I will do some logic games tonight because I actually enjoy those.


Honestly, I'm kind of chillin'. I've been studying for six months, I think I know my stuff. I'm doing 3 LG sections a day (from 1-40) and I'll take PT 80 later this week, but other than that... I think I'm done.


that's your idea of chillin' huh?

Anyway I did PT 78 today. Decently hard RC and harder LR, especially the second section, where there were three LR questions that were worded super weirdly. Also, screw the sumerians and their clay tablets and tokens.

LR1: -1
LG: -1
LR2: -4
RC: -3

171

Tough curve. Was hoping for 175+ in order to boost my confidence but sadly LR wouldn't let me get that.
Wondering if I should do PTs 79 and 80 Wed-Fri or Thurs-Sat.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver
Posts: 846
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:37 pm

Walliums wrote:What are you guys doing to prevent burnout this week? Today I did some drills in the morning and then went to work. Later in the morning I took a 35 min section of four really hard reading comp questions and did awesome (-1 on 29 questions ya boii) and then I did more work/meetings. Towards the end of the work day I did two LR sections and didn't do very good (-4 on both). Feel really defeated but I also felt afterwards like I was just wiped out from the day. Ugh

Maybe I will do some logic games tonight because I actually enjoy those.


PT C2 tomorrow and then BR Wednesday. Then W-F I'll make sure I review 7sage lessons as well as do 1-2 sections per day. Then PT 80 Saturday and Sunday off. That should walk the fine line between burning out and keeping myself fresh I think.

User avatar
dm1683

Silver
Posts: 744
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby dm1683 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:48 pm

Doesn't anyone else think that the curves are sort of arbitrary? I can't really tell the difference between a -10 test and a -14 test. 78 felt harder than usual but the curve was -10/-11 I think.



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests