The Official June 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

DOLPHINS, ARE YOU READY TO CRUSH THIS TEST?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:54 pm

FU%# YES!!!
11
28%
F#$k YES!!!
6
15%
FEAR MY BOTTLE SHAPED NOSE!!!
22
56%
 
Total votes: 39

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:18 pm

grandpapy360 wrote:How goes the Easter studying guys? Just killed a Guinness and some white wine, terrible pairing, and plan on doing some LG drills.


White wine is a plague



I did meh on a PT so crushing a litre at a beer garden

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Platopus » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:29 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
grandpapy360 wrote:How goes the Easter studying guys? Just killed a Guinness and some white wine, terrible pairing, and plan on doing some LG drills.


White wine is a plague



I did meh on a PT so crushing a litre at a beer garden


Also did meh on PT 57 yesterday (scored 168), so I am smoking a cigar and drinking some whiskey, trying to nurse my mistake of getting day drunk on bloody marys this morning. Clear liquor is the devil. Loathing work tomorrow, as I'm behind from having Friday off, so I'll be in early and staying late. Fuck.

User avatar
zkyggi

Bronze
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:14 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby zkyggi » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:10 pm

Walliums wrote:Haven't reviewed or scored my PT from today. Had some horrible distractions, didn't get to 5 questions overall (just put in my answer choices of the day), and felt like a zombie for the first 3/4s of the test. Want to throw this PT in the fire. Hold me :oops:


I'm also getting nervous for June because the afternoon time is my normal mental slog and trying to figure out how to best alleviate that. Usually I drink a cup of tea before the test and a cup of tea during the break, obviously I can't do that on test day. I'm trying out caffeine pills instead but man, that half one I did today didn't do much.


Caffeine pills are terrible for me. They leave me jittery. It's essentially like slamming a hot coffee in one gulp.
Last edited by zkyggi on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Platopus » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:28 pm

Walliums wrote:Haven't reviewed or scored my PT from today. Had some horrible distractions, didn't get to 5 questions overall (just put in my answer choices of the day), and felt like a zombie for the first 3/4s of the test. Want to throw this PT in the fire. Hold me :oops:


I'm also getting nervous for June because the afternoon time is my normal mental slog and trying to figure out how to best alleviate that. Usually I drink a cup of tea before the test and a cup of tea during the break, obviously I can't do that on test day. I'm trying out caffeine pills instead but man, that half one I did today didn't do much.


I also struggle with that mid-afternoon grogginess. Try messing with your sleep pattern a bit and seeing if going to bed earlier/later has any effect. Also, I would avoid caffeine pills, they seem too unpredictable for me. Try switching up your lunch time/what you eat. I've noticed a big correlation between what I eat before hand, and my performance on PT's and drills. Lastly, if you don't already, try exercising a bit later at night, I usually get really good sleep after a work out, and the next day I feel pretty good. However, don't sweat it too much, come test day let adrenaline do its thing :D

User avatar
MediocreAtBest

Silver
Posts: 632
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:51 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby MediocreAtBest » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:23 am

I wear glasses and I'm nearsighted so I don't really have to wear them while I study (most of the time I don't), but I did two LR sections the other day, -5 without glasses, -2 with glasses. Glasses are staying on from now on. It's science.

Barry grandpapy

Bronze
Posts: 445
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:04 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Barry grandpapy » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:41 pm

.
Last edited by Barry grandpapy on Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
zkyggi

Bronze
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:14 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby zkyggi » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:13 pm

How're you guys typically doing on BR scores? I'm getting frustrated because my blind review sometimes dramatically differs from my actual scores.
Last edited by zkyggi on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:18 pm

zkyggi wrote:How're you guys typically doing on BR scores? I'm getting frustrated because my blind review sometimes dramatically differs from my actual scores.
(in the good way I hope) That's be mostly normal. I think the key is to make sure you're getting a solid grasp of what you're missing and that you're adding the concepts to your repertoire of things to look out for, not just saying "yeah got it".


I used to spend about 2 hours per PT bring

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:20 pm

grandpapy360 wrote:Just finished PT C. This thing has one generous curve! Really hope the June curve isn't -9 with two 170 scores omitted.

Yeah iirc the ABCs are very hard tests. There's also a string of tests in the 34-38 that are all -15 curves

User avatar
Walliums

Silver
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Walliums » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:29 pm

Platopus wrote:
Walliums wrote:Haven't reviewed or scored my PT from today. Had some horrible distractions, didn't get to 5 questions overall (just put in my answer choices of the day), and felt like a zombie for the first 3/4s of the test. Want to throw this PT in the fire. Hold me :oops:


I'm also getting nervous for June because the afternoon time is my normal mental slog and trying to figure out how to best alleviate that. Usually I drink a cup of tea before the test and a cup of tea during the break, obviously I can't do that on test day. I'm trying out caffeine pills instead but man, that half one I did today didn't do much.


I also struggle with that mid-afternoon grogginess. Try messing with your sleep pattern a bit and seeing if going to bed earlier/later has any effect. Also, I would avoid caffeine pills, they seem too unpredictable for me. Try switching up your lunch time/what you eat. I've noticed a big correlation between what I eat before hand, and my performance on PT's and drills. Lastly, if you don't already, try exercising a bit later at night, I usually get really good sleep after a work out, and the next day I feel pretty good. However, don't sweat it too much, come test day let adrenaline do its thing :D


Thanks for the tips! Can't do much about my sleep schedule due to work, but I'm gonna try working out tonight and see if that helps me sleep better/deeper.

What food seems to be working out for you to keep you alert during your PT?

User avatar
Walliums

Silver
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Walliums » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:30 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
White wine is a plague


How dare you. More for me

radon5

New
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:52 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby radon5 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:34 pm

Anybody finding that there is only the wait list available for test center signup? I got assigned a place really far from where I live. Is June just really popular?

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:35 pm

Took PT 64 yesterday and a weird thing happened with my RC.

So I'm normally around -2 and I do very minimal markup. I usually just tag things in my head and circle main concepts when I'm done with the paragraphs. But yesterday I was underling, using brackets, parentheses all kindsa stuff. Went -5 in both the RC sections.

Haven't been studying as much as I need to be so it makes sense.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:35 pm

radon5 wrote:Anybody finding that there is only the wait list available for test center signup? I got assigned a place really far from where I live. Is June just really popular?

I think there's less TCs actually. Stay on the WL until you get assigned.

Barry grandpapy

Bronze
Posts: 445
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:04 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Barry grandpapy » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:39 pm

.
Last edited by Barry grandpapy on Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

radon5

New
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:52 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby radon5 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:43 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
radon5 wrote:Anybody finding that there is only the wait list available for test center signup? I got assigned a place really far from where I live. Is June just really popular?

I think there's less TCs actually. Stay on the WL until you get assigned.


I got assigned, just to a place pretty far away from where I am. I was wondering if I should just accept it and not try to change and if other people were running into this problem

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:55 pm

radon5 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
radon5 wrote:Anybody finding that there is only the wait list available for test center signup? I got assigned a place really far from where I live. Is June just really popular?

I think there's less TCs actually. Stay on the WL until you get assigned.


I got assigned, just to a place pretty far away from where I am. I was wondering if I should just accept it and not try to change and if other people were running into this problem


I've had success calling to get relocated if that helps but I think it's for things roughly 100 miles away

Eta without paying

User avatar
MediocreAtBest

Silver
Posts: 632
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:51 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby MediocreAtBest » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:15 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:Took PT 64 yesterday and a weird thing happened with my RC.

So I'm normally around -2 and I do very minimal markup. I usually just tag things in my head and circle main concepts when I'm done with the paragraphs. But yesterday I was underling, using brackets, parentheses all kindsa stuff. Went -5 in both the RC sections.

Haven't been studying as much as I need to be so it makes sense.


I don't mark at all, it sort of distracts me from reading it and focusing the way I normally would. I usually go -2 or less too. I just tag things in my head and try to ID viewpoints and stuff like that. I gave the underlining and marking stuff a shot since I figured that's what the best test takers to, but not touching it at all works much better for me.

User avatar
Walliums

Silver
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Walliums » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:40 pm

grandpapy360 wrote:I messaged Nonny Mouse.

You hear back yet? I haven't. I'm so thirsty for that sweet, sweet first poll

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:07 pm

Walliums wrote:
grandpapy360 wrote:I messaged Nonny Mouse.

You hear back yet? I haven't. I'm so thirsty for that sweet, sweet first poll

Post here
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=146657&start=12875

User avatar
dm1683

Silver
Posts: 744
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby dm1683 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:12 pm

Just did PT 51. Same score as last time.

LR1: -3
RC: -3
LR2: -3
LG: -0

172

LR felt harder here too. Barely finished the first section. It seems like LR and RC are a lot harder in the PTs than they were when I was drilling timed sections.

StetsonU

New
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:57 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby StetsonU » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:01 pm

Are you guys all on the same prep course or is there a set of pt's you're all taking? What i mean is there a specific order you all are doing the pts, or is it just what you have access to?

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:17 pm

StetsonU wrote:Are you guys all on the same prep course or is there a set of pt's you're all taking? What i mean is there a specific order you all are doing the pts, or is it just what you have access to?


im trying to get through all the PTs 62and higher but ill be using some just for section drilling

StetsonU

New
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:57 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby StetsonU » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
StetsonU wrote:Are you guys all on the same prep course or is there a set of pt's you're all taking? What i mean is there a specific order you all are doing the pts, or is it just what you have access to?


im trying to get through all the PTs 62and higher but ill be using some just for section drilling


Ah ok cool. I have 62-71 i got in the lsac packet. However i'm getting 60 pts from a friend in a week or two, i'm assuming it's going to include most of them, so was wondering which numbers people were focusing on.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:53 pm

StetsonU wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
StetsonU wrote:Are you guys all on the same prep course or is there a set of pt's you're all taking? What i mean is there a specific order you all are doing the pts, or is it just what you have access to?


im trying to get through all the PTs 62and higher but ill be using some just for section drilling


Ah ok cool. I have 62-71 i got in the lsac packet. However i'm getting 60 pts from a friend in a week or two, i'm assuming it's going to include most of them, so was wondering which numbers people were focusing on.

Depends on how much time you have to study closer to the test you want to prioritize new tests



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests