The Official June 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

DOLPHINS, ARE YOU READY TO CRUSH THIS TEST?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:54 pm

FU%# YES!!!
28%
F#$k YES!!!
15%
FEAR MY BOTTLE SHAPED NOSE!!!
56%

Total votes: 39

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:17 pm

so, i think im just gunna start moving through the PTs, starting at PT1 and working my way up using them as mixed review/drilling. reason being is ive finished the LR bible, and i think that drilling by Q type will waste time since im not really weak in any particular type. what id rather do is approach each Q organically and refresh strategies while i attack it. ill keep a log of what i get wrong to spot some trends.
i also need to start getting back into games and RC which i havent really touched for a year.

i only have 4 truly fresh PTs so i think its best that i just focus on having techniques/pattern recognition really down.

zkyggi

Bronze

Postby zkyggi » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:15 pm

Mikey wrote:
zkyggi wrote:Is there some difficulty variance between the two LR sections? I routinely score high on one and much lower on the other. I'm wondering if it is a stamina issue or genuine conceptual difficulty I am grappling with.

might be stamina. it could be the test you're doing as well, and whether the sample of LR sections you've done have the curve set for a harder LR

there has definitely been times when I've taken a PT and go like -0/-1 on one LR and like -6 on the other, it happens either for fatigue or it's just a harder section

I did both LR sections for PT 27 and went -2/-6. the test has a 170 curve of -16 (-4 for a 180), which blew me away when I scored my sections, but didn't help me determine how to feel about my scores.
Last edited by zkyggi on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Platopus

Silver

Postby Platopus » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:53 pm

zkyggi wrote:
Mikey wrote:
zkyggi wrote:Is there some difficulty variance between the two LR sections? I routinely score high on one and much lower on the other. I'm wondering if it is a stamina issue or genuine conceptual difficulty I am grappling with.

might be stamina. it could be the test you're doing as well, and whether the sample of LR sections you've done have the curve set for a harder LR

there has definitely been times when I've taken a PT and go like -0/-1 on one LR and like -6 on the other, it happens either for fatigue or it's just a harder section

I did both LR sections for PT 27 and went -2/-6. the test has a 170 curve of -16 (-4 for a 180), which blew me away when I scored my sections, but didn't help me determine how to feel about my scores.

I doubt that on most tests, there is a hard and fast rule about one LR section being more difficult than the other, of course, there can always be exceptions. I've notice that one section may be marginally (1 or 2) points more difficult, but I haven't noticed any where one section is like a -1 and the other is a -6 or something like that.

Also, -16 is a MASSIVE curve.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:02 pm

zkyggi wrote:
Mikey wrote:

-16 means that it was a tougher exam. Probably that and fatigue mixed together that lowers your score

calmike

Bronze

Postby calmike » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:28 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:so, i think im just gunna start moving through the PTs, starting at PT1 and working my way up using them as mixed review/drilling. reason being is ive finished the LR bible, and i think that drilling by Q type will waste time since im not really weak in any particular type. what id rather do is approach each Q organically and refresh strategies while i attack it. ill keep a log of what i get wrong to spot some trends.
i also need to start getting back into games and RC which i havent really touched for a year.

i only have 4 truly fresh PTs so i think its best that i just focus on having techniques/pattern recognition really down.

I'm going to start taking PTS consistently starting on Monday. No point in drilling really since I'm scoring in mid to high 160's. I've spent so much time studying for LSAT I might as well take it again in June and apply to law school. Look at my options and then decide if it's worth it.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:41 am

Platopus wrote:
zkyggi wrote:
Mikey wrote:

I doubt that on most tests, there is a hard and fast rule about one LR section being more difficult than the other, of course, there can always be exceptions. I've notice that one section may be marginally (1 or 2) points more difficult, but I haven't noticed any where one section is like a -1 and the other is a -6 or something like that.

Also, -16 is a MASSIVE curve.

pt12 has a -9 curve. not much room for error if you're going 170+ haha.

Nik9639

New

Postby Nik9639 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:17 am

Removed.
Last edited by Nik9639 on Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:20 am

Just got assigned to a center a 20 min metro from me

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:21 am

Nik9639 wrote: suh dude

Suh same tc

potus

Bronze

Postby potus » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:46 am

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:Just got assigned to a center a 20 min metro from me

Got assigned to a place about an hour away, but notorious for having about 100-200 people in one large testing room :shock:.

njames1961

New

Postby njames1961 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:50 am

Anyone know what the Marriott in downtown manhattan is like as a testing center?

potus

Bronze

Postby potus » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:51 am

njames1961 wrote:Anyone know what the Marriott in downtown manhattan is like as a testing center?

Can google -- http://www.simugator.com/lsat-test-site ... ation=0008 or http://lsatcenters.wikia.com/wiki/LSAT_Test_Center_Wiki.

Looks similar to where I'm taking it (Metropolitan Pavilion in Manhattan).

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:56 am

Awww man my tc doesn't show up on those. Idk if my center is good

potus

Bronze

Postby potus » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:58 am

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:Awww man my tc doesn't show up on those. Idk if my center is good

Might be a new site... murky waters. I have to share my table with somebody else. I hope it's not wooden and moves around.

calmike

Bronze

Postby calmike » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:12 pm

Nik9639 wrote:Officially checking in for June.

potus wrote:
latetothis wrote:Hi, I'm not sure if you saw my earlier post, but I signed up for the June test on the DC waitlist and 5 minutes later got an email saying I was reassigned to NOVA CC-Annandale. It's still a long Metro ride from where I live, but better than trekking up to Philly! Good luck :)

I didn't, but that sounds great! Going to add myself on the WL first thing tomorrow.

Was in the same boat, just got an email saying that they assigned me to the testing center. Took about a week to get off the waitlist. Any locals willing to get together for a study group hit me up, second attempt for me.

[+] Spoiler
Asked for NVCC but was assigned to KB. Which is even closer to me and near metro. (please don't quote this part)

I've been on the wait list for a week now. Maybe I should call and ask that I can travel to another region

Nik9639

New

Postby Nik9639 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:37 pm

Removed.

Nik9639

New

Postby Nik9639 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:41 pm

Removed.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:45 pm

Nik9639 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:

Suh same tc

See you there ;)

Not sure how good it is there, but will ask around. The company I work for has a lot business with KB. Lots of people go there weekly for seminars and such.

Yeah I'm curious bc I have a feeling it'll be like 200 people in a banquet hall? Only other time I've taken it I've had like 20 people in a classroom

E at least there are bars nearby

Nik9639

New

Postby Nik9639 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:23 pm

Removed.
Last edited by Nik9639 on Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:30 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:so, i think im just gunna start moving through the PTs, starting at PT1 and working my way up using them as mixed review/drilling. reason being is ive finished the LR bible, and i think that drilling by Q type will waste time since im not really weak in any particular type. what id rather do is approach each Q organically and refresh strategies while i attack it. ill keep a log of what i get wrong to spot some trends.

that's why I'm going to drill LR sections from PT1-20 instead of use them for by type drilling. by type drilling, just like you, is pretty useless for me at this point.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:06 pm

Mikey wrote:

that's why I'm going to drill LR sections from PT1-20 instead of use them for by type drilling. by type drilling, just like you, is pretty useless for me at this point.

Yeah I'm debating about doing this with the later tests bc for me at least I notice a real difference in the later tests. I've already taken em and reviewed heavily so it's probably worth it to help acclimate myself. I'm really just tryna improve by 1-2 in each LR section anyway

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:12 pm

Nik9639 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
Nik9639 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:

Suh same tc

See you there ;)

Not sure how good it is there, but will ask around. The company I work for has a lot business with KB. Lots of people go there weekly for seminars and such.

Yeah I'm curious bc I have a feeling it'll be like 200 people in a banquet hall? Only other time I've taken it I've had like 20 people in a classroom

E at least there are bars nearby

Yeah same, last time I took it, it was a basic classroom.

Just asked one person who is frequently there and she has no idea where they would even do that, she haven't seen anything remotely looking like a classroom.

Hopefully there is gonna be a room number on the ticket so I can ask them to check it out.

My main concern is a desk size, it would suck if there are no proper sized desks.

Yeah I might go check it out since it's close. I would assume the desks are this portable plastic tables for events, which I've also done before and works fine. My worry is it will be that loud outside the rooms

zkyggi

Bronze

Postby zkyggi » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:19 pm

Going to take PT70 tonight. I've been anxious all day about it.
Last edited by zkyggi on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

DorkothyParker

Bronze

Postby DorkothyParker » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:26 pm

I have the Kaplan guide. It seems solid. I'm really starting at zero here so anything is helping for now.
I went ahead and tried out my first timed test. I didn't finish the Logic Games section. :cry: So my score was 156. If I had finished, it would have been 159. I have my work cut out for me but I'm hoping to get 15 more points by test day.

Walliums

Silver

Postby Walliums » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:56 am

zkyggi wrote:Going to take PT70 tonight. I've been anxious all day about it.

I'm sure you'll do good!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?