The Official June 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

DOLPHINS, ARE YOU READY TO CRUSH THIS TEST?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:54 pm

FU%# YES!!!
28%
F#$k YES!!!
15%
FEAR MY BOTTLE SHAPED NOSE!!!
56%

Total votes: 39

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:21 am

dj9i27 wrote:1st timed LR and LG in a while PT48
LR: 25/26
LG: 21/22

Not too bad on the LR but I'm going to be a stickler for LG in-case my brain dies on RC, I need that to be -0. Speaking of RC, heavy drill day tomorrow. Been ducking that section for a few days.

Nice dude- you're killing it

hcss11

New

Postby hcss11 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:55 pm

Idea: Why don't groups of us all in the same geographic area commit to get together on a regular basis for IRL study groups? I'd be down to host the first one in NYC.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:06 pm

hcss11 wrote:Idea: Why don't groups of us all in the same geographic area commit to get together on a regular basis for IRL study groups? I'd be down to host the first one in NYC.

Some people on 7sage starting doing this in early January. I was going to possibly do it, but if I remember, I wasn't really feeling their schedule

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:07 pm

anyone going to the 3 RC workshops on 7sage?

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:08 pm

Mikey wrote:
hcss11 wrote:Idea: Why don't groups of us all in the same geographic area commit to get together on a regular basis for IRL study groups? I'd be down to host the first one in NYC.

Some people on 7sage starting doing this in early January. I was going to possibly do it, but if I remember, I wasn't really feeling their schedule

No one is in my state :(

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:21 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Mikey wrote:

No, I meant the RC webinars they're having 3 days this week. One is going on rn, it's online

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:51 pm

Mikey wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Mikey wrote:

No, I meant the RC webinars they're having 3 days this week. One is going on rn, it's online

huh, do you like them?

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:45 pm

Finally cracked open the LR bible today. I got some wait lists to get in off of.

calmike

Bronze

Postby calmike » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:53 pm

Just took my first PT, June 2007, in my retaking study process.

Score: 166
LG: 23/23
LR1: 22/25
LR2: 20/25
RC: 23/27

-12 wrong

Hopefully after doing the 2 month Powerscore study plan and taking around 15+ PTs I can average scoring in the 170's.

When I took the LSAT I scored a 160. :(

blackmamba8

Bronze

Postby blackmamba8 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:46 am

Taking my first PT this time around tomorrow morning, PT42. I'm aiming for a 168 but I'll be happy with anything over 165. I was going to wait till the end of the week to PT but I want to squeeze one in to see where I'm at before I spend the next few days studying for midterms.

saf18hornet

Bronze

Postby saf18hornet » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:02 am

Can someone with the Cambridge packets PM me? I'm trying to run down the .pdf drill packets. Is it also true that they are organized by question dfficulty!? I just got my copies of test 19-38 specifically for some extra LR drilling, because I just can't get the harder questions yet and I'd like to do them by both QT and difficulty. Thanks!

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:00 am

saf18hornet wrote:Can someone with the Cambridge packets PM me? I'm trying to run down the .pdf drill packets. Is it also true that they are organized by question dfficulty!? I just got my copies of test 19-38 specifically for some extra LR drilling, because I just can't get the harder questions yet and I'd like to do them by both QT and difficulty. Thanks!

Go to the 7sage question bank. They tell you which questions are what type and difficulty

maeum

New

Postby maeum » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:54 am

Hi guys -

I scored a 172 on the Feb exam as my first take, after a month of just doing practice drills and practice drill (along with the LSAT Trainer). I had taken a Powerscore prep course last summer, which I started with a 159 diagnostic and ended with a 169 (the last timed practice test). I did PT 50-79 and also 10 of the older tests from the 90s, and now I'm not sure how I should study, especially because I'm not going to have any more long breaks. I'll be working as a paralegal for two years and apply to law school in fall 2018, but my parents think that it'll be better for me to retake this June, when studying is more "fresh". They also want me to take another prep course if it'll help, but I'm not sure if it would at this point. I'm aiming for high 170s.

Should I start all the way from the oldest PTs or retake the more recent ones? I did retake the ones from 2015-2016 that I did poorly on (I usually scored around 170-174 but got 160s for some of them) and always hit 179 or 180, so it feels like retakes aren't indicative of how well I'll do on the actual test.

hcss11

New

Postby hcss11 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:46 pm

A. If you have a 172 already, you should be chilling and, come September, blanketing the T14. Your mission is accomplished at this point.

B. Ignore your parents. If the firm you plan to work for (did you already sign a contract?) isn't contractually binding you to work for them for any number of years, apply or law school this year, work until September '18 and then matriculate somewhere awesome.

C. Again, I emphasize: Ignore your parents. 172 is an excellent score.

maeum wrote:Hi guys -

I scored a 172 on the Feb exam as my first take, after a month of just doing practice drills and practice drill (along with the LSAT Trainer). I had taken a Powerscore prep course last summer, which I started with a 159 diagnostic and ended with a 169 (the last timed practice test). I did PT 50-79 and also 10 of the older tests from the 90s, and now I'm not sure how I should study, especially because I'm not going to have any more long breaks. I'll be working as a paralegal for two years and apply to law school in fall 2018, but my parents think that it'll be better for me to retake this June, when studying is more "fresh". They also want me to take another prep course if it'll help, but I'm not sure if it would at this point. I'm aiming for high 170s.

Should I start all the way from the oldest PTs or retake the more recent ones? I did retake the ones from 2015-2016 that I did poorly on (I usually scored around 170-174 but got 160s for some of them) and always hit 179 or 180, so it feels like retakes aren't indicative of how well I'll do on the actual test.

saf18hornet

Bronze

Postby saf18hornet » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:07 pm

Mikey wrote:
saf18hornet wrote:Can someone with the Cambridge packets PM me? I'm trying to run down the .pdf drill packets. Is it also true that they are organized by question dfficulty!? I just got my copies of test 19-38 specifically for some extra LR drilling, because I just can't get the harder questions yet and I'd like to do them by both QT and difficulty. Thanks!

Go to the 7sage question bank. They tell you which questions are what type and difficulty

How did I not realize that was there! Geez, thx!

tmwnn

New

Postby tmwnn » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:24 pm

second the post above. and at his point you have absolutely nothing to gain from another prep course.

tmwnn

New

Postby tmwnn » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:35 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:
tmwnn wrote:-1 on 58 sufficient assumption questions/cambridge pack. i didn't strictly time myself, though. so i'm not sure whether this is good news or not, since accuracy has never been a problem for me. i wish i could say the same about timing.

give me 38 mins instead of 35, i'm above 170. since this is not an option, i need to do something about my timing issues before it's too late.

Damn thats some beast accuracy! Time comes with time and practice.. Accuracy is much harder to achieve..so, cheers!

Also, sick avatar. Bringing back old memories haha

i hope 3 months will be enough time.

about the avatar, i love that map so much that i feel at home there, especially when i'm around bomb spot A :) good old memories.

maeum

New

Postby maeum » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:35 pm

hcss11 wrote:A. If you have a 172 already, you should be chilling and, come September, blanketing the T14. Your mission is accomplished at this point.

B. Ignore your parents. If the firm you plan to work for (did you already sign a contract?) isn't contractually binding you to work for them for any number of years, apply or law school this year, work until September '18 and then matriculate somewhere awesome.

C. Again, I emphasize: Ignore your parents. 172 is an excellent score.

I should have mentioned - my GPA is below median for a lot of the T14 (it's a 3.7x and on the low side), which is why I was hoping on scoring higher so I would have higher chances. And I think I won't be able to get much scholarship money unless I increase my score, either, which my parents are hoping for. I did sign a contract with the firm, and they did tell me that they want a 2 year commitment, but it's not legally binding. If I had scored higher, I probably would be applying this coming fall, but I thought that an extra of work experience/additional letters of rec might help. Also, it's a V5 firm and I'm a little concerned that leaving early might affect my hiring prospects in the future (not that they hinted at a grudge, but another V5 firm I interviewed at mentioned it in a mildly threatening tone..)

tmwnn wrote:
second the post above. and at his point you have absolutely nothing to gain from another prep course.

This is what I thought too, about the prep course. I guess just drilling and retaking is all that's left for me?

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:57 pm

tmwnn wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
tmwnn wrote:-1 on 58 sufficient assumption questions/cambridge pack. i didn't strictly time myself, though. so i'm not sure whether this is good news or not, since accuracy has never been a problem for me. i wish i could say the same about timing.

give me 38 mins instead of 35, i'm above 170. since this is not an option, i need to do something about my timing issues before it's too late.

Damn thats some beast accuracy! Time comes with time and practice.. Accuracy is much harder to achieve..so, cheers!

Also, sick avatar. Bringing back old memories haha

i hope 3 months will be enough time.

about the avatar, i love that map so much that i feel at home there, especially when i'm around bomb spot A :) good old memories.

Haha for real. I spent hundreds of hours crushing that map. The good ole days. I think you've inspired me to play a little again when i havent in like 5 yrs...

mwells56

Silver

Postby mwells56 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:00 pm

Why the hell are all the testing centers in NY already full???

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:03 pm

mwells56 wrote:Why the hell are all the testing centers in NY already full???

that's how it always is bruh

what, didn't you know there's a bunch of wannabe lawyers here? :lol:

mwells56

Silver

Postby mwells56 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:05 pm

Mikey wrote:

I figured 3 months before the test wouldn't be a problem. When I took it September in Ann Arbor I registered on the last day and was able to take it on campus.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:07 pm

mwells56 wrote:
Mikey wrote:

I figured 3 months before the test wouldn't be a problem. When I took it September in Ann Arbor I registered on the last day and was able to take it on campus.

people drop out, so just keep an eye out.

mwells56

Silver

Postby mwells56 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:21 pm

Mikey wrote:
mwells56 wrote:
Mikey wrote:

Yeah but now I'm gunna have to check every day. Chances are something will open up but this is just annoying.

Silver

Postby AvatarMeelo » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:53 pm

mwells56 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
mwells56 wrote:
Mikey wrote:

Yeah but now I'm gunna have to check every day. Chances are something will open up but this is just annoying.

This was me last week - I've pretty much decided that I'm going to wait it out until September so I can actually give myself the time I need to study while working full time.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?