The Official June 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

DOLPHINS, ARE YOU READY TO CRUSH THIS TEST?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:54 pm

FU%# YES!!!
28%
F#$k YES!!!
15%
FEAR MY BOTTLE SHAPED NOSE!!!
56%

Total votes: 39

Saylor1720

New

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Saylor1720 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:03 pm

Hey guys, I have a blind review question.
When you guys blind review, do you blind review every question you take? Have a definitive reason for each wrong answer and the correct answer? Or do you review ones that you've circled as questions you are not 100% certain on?

somedeadman

Bronze

Postby somedeadman » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:00 pm

Saylor1720 wrote:Hey guys, I have a blind review question.
When you guys blind review, do you blind review every question you take? Have a definitive reason for each wrong answer and the correct answer? Or do you review ones that you've circled as questions you are not 100% certain on?

The latter. The former may be necessary if you have just started studying, but you probably shouldn't be doing practice tests yet if that's the case lol

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:03 pm

reviewed the RC section for the PT I took on Friday. 2 passages I did well on timed, and the other 2 I tanked. -3 BR though, and I spent a significant amount of time on the science passage compared to the others so I may need to drill some science passages bc I find those painful haha

dm1683

Silver

Postby dm1683 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:38 pm

Finished my two sections of LR. -2 and -1. Obviously really happy with this, but is there any room for improvement at this level? I mean, is it really worth it drilling the hell out of LR and trying to get down to -0/-1 consistently? I'm still super raw in LG and I only have a limited amount of study time (especially with midterms next week ugh...) so I'm thinking that I should just focus on that. If I can master LG in three months (particularly when it comes to speed) I should be good for 170+.

Platopus

Silver

Postby Platopus » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:20 pm

dm1683 wrote:Finished my two sections of LR. -2 and -1. Obviously really happy with this, but is there any room for improvement at this level? I mean, is it really worth it drilling the hell out of LR and trying to get down to -0/-1 consistently? I'm still super raw in LG and I only have a limited amount of study time (especially with midterms next week ugh...) so I'm thinking that I should just focus on that. If I can master LG in three months (particularly when it comes to speed) I should be good for 170+.

You should be able to master LG in under a month. If you review each game and watch the 7 sage videos it will start to come, and pretty soon LG will be a breeze. 3 months should be plenty of time to get a handle on LG

However,I would still focus a significant amount of time on LR. For example, I went -0 on my first timed LR section a couple weeks ago and went -6 on a section today. That -0 was definitely the outlier, as I've been averaging like -3/4. Also, LR is half the test, LG is a quarter.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:56 pm

Platopus wrote:
dm1683 wrote:Finished my two sections of LR. -2 and -1. Obviously really happy with this, but is there any room for improvement at this level? I mean, is it really worth it drilling the hell out of LR and trying to get down to -0/-1 consistently? I'm still super raw in LG and I only have a limited amount of study time (especially with midterms next week ugh...) so I'm thinking that I should just focus on that. If I can master LG in three months (particularly when it comes to speed) I should be good for 170+.

You should be able to master LG in under a month. If you review each game and watch the 7 sage videos it will start to come, and pretty soon LG will be a breeze. 3 months should be plenty of time to get a handle on LG

However,I would still focus a significant amount of time on LR. For example, I went -0 on my first timed LR section a couple weeks ago and went -6 on a section today. That -0 was definitely the outlier, as I've been averaging like -3/4. Also, LR is half the test, LG is a quarter.

imo, LR should be done daily and LG&RC can rotate if you can't make all 3 sections in a day.

HenryHankPalmer

Bronze

Postby HenryHankPalmer » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:11 am

Evening all,

I wanted to jump into this group and see if I can get some questions answered. I'm a senior Political Science and Philospohy major at a major state school in the Texas. I'm currently in a TestMasters course getting ready for June, and took my first diagnostic, cold, last weekend. I ended up with a 154, which I was decently happy with. I'm shooting for a high 160s/low 170s, and plan to blanket the three big Texas schools (UT, SMU, Baylor), as well as a few other T1s depending on my score. So far going well, lots work to juggle with a full courseload and a twenty hour work week.

Btw- I have not yet registered for the June LSAT, am I behind the curve? I'm on a tight budget, so $180 is hard to pull out, and was planning on waiting a week or two to get funds together to register. Do I run the risk of not getting into a nearby testing center by waiting this long or is this normal?

PrezRand

Gold

Postby PrezRand » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:45 am

dj9i27 wrote:
Platopus wrote:

imo, LR should be done daily and LG&RC can rotate if you can't make all 3 sections in a day.

That's what I used to do.

I'm gonna start getting back into the grind, timing myself next week and also drill LR daily.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:25 pm

i already had the Mastermind watch for the first take, and my dad sent me the Perfect Score watch for some motivation as a gift so im curious how they stack up against each other. I think the colors are much easier to see on the Perfect Score watch and i like how it counts down from 35 min instead of starting at 0 like the mastermind watch. Looking forward to start drilling and PT over spring break in 1.5 weeks to see how they compare

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:51 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:i already had the Mastermind watch for the first take, and my dad sent me the Perfect Score watch for some motivation as a gift so im curious how they stack up against each other. I think the colors are much easier to see on the Perfect Score watch and i like how it counts down from 35 min instead of starting at 0 like the mastermind watch. Looking forward to start drilling and PT over spring break in 1.5 weeks to see how they compare

Let me know how they compare to each other. I too have the Mastermind and like it a lot but, since lawschooli stopped selling them I have been searching for a back up just in case.

Neil_Gorsuch

New

Postby Neil_Gorsuch » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:41 pm

Has anyone had an issue with the lack of available test centers? There are usually a good number in D.C., but they appeared all full this time.

cardboard0917

New

Postby cardboard0917 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:51 pm

Neil_Gorsuch wrote:Has anyone had an issue with the lack of available test centers? There are usually a good number in D.C., but they appeared all full this time.

Last edited by cardboard0917 on Tue May 23, 2017 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

glarry21

New

Postby glarry21 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:20 pm

PT 72 today, full 5 section with extra LG. (164)not good haha. RC -4, LG-11, LR1-3, LR2-4. Games destroyed my score per usual. Couldn't figure out 2/4. not sure what usually happens, maybe it is my mentality. Also my LR performance was worse than usual, and RC was normal. 5 wrong on June 2007 LG supplemented as the extra section. God my LG sucks

Silver

Postby AvatarMeelo » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:46 pm

cardboard0917 wrote:
Neil_Gorsuch wrote:Has anyone had an issue with the lack of available test centers? There are usually a good number in D.C., but they appeared all full this time.

If I remember correctly, June is the most popular test date so that may be why you're running into problems.

I'm running into the same problems in NYC. Every single center is unavailable - WHAT?! Wagner College in Staten Island is still available and I'm probably going to register for that one but that is a fucking hike especially since I won't have my cell phone and I'm coming from Queens. Thank god this test is in the afternoon but I feel as if I mentally won't be okay for it... wonderful. (sorry all, i'm just upset I didn't have the foresight to register for the June test as soon as registration opened)

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:21 pm

clueless801 wrote:I'm running into the same problems in NYC. Every single center is unavailable - WHAT?! Wagner College in Staten Island is still available and I'm probably going to register for that one but that is a fucking hike especially since I won't have my cell phone and I'm coming from Queens. Thank god this test is in the afternoon but I feel as if I mentally won't be okay for it... wonderful. (sorry all, i'm just upset I didn't have the foresight to register for the June test as soon as registration opened)

Damn.. All the way to SI from Queens.. that would suck ass if I had to do that, and I'm in queens as well. So sorry to hear this.. lol.

Silver

Postby AvatarMeelo » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:24 pm

Mikey wrote:
clueless801 wrote:I'm running into the same problems in NYC. Every single center is unavailable - WHAT?! Wagner College in Staten Island is still available and I'm probably going to register for that one but that is a fucking hike especially since I won't have my cell phone and I'm coming from Queens. Thank god this test is in the afternoon but I feel as if I mentally won't be okay for it... wonderful. (sorry all, i'm just upset I didn't have the foresight to register for the June test as soon as registration opened)

Damn.. All the way to SI from Queens.. that would suck ass if I had to do that, and I'm in queens as well. So sorry to hear this.. lol.

I'm strongly considering just postponing to September. I don't drive, so I don't feel comfortable heading to a center that takes 2+ hours via public transportation. On top of that, 6 months to hit 173+ instead of 3 sounds kind of nice, so I'm taking this entire fiasco as a sign. This is the rational thing to do, right?

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:28 pm

Last edited by Mikey on Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dm1683

Silver

Postby dm1683 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:35 pm

Mikey wrote:
clueless801 wrote:
Mikey wrote:

I'm strongly considering just postponing to September. I don't drive, so I don't feel comfortable heading to a center that takes 2+ hours via public transportation. On top of that, 6 months to hit 173+ instead of 3 sounds kind of nice, so I'm taking this entire fiasco as a sign. This is the rational thing to do, right?

Yeah I think so tbh lol. I've travelled to SI by public transportation only once and will never do it again. It was only 1 train and 1 bus, but the bus ride felt like eternity. It was like an express bus from downtown Manhattan to SI and crossed through BK and the Verrazano bridge or something. Pain in the ass lol

Yeah all of the centers in my city are unavailable too. I have to drive 40 miles out to one of my state uni's satellite campuses in the middle of the cornfields.

Neil_Gorsuch

New

Postby Neil_Gorsuch » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:59 pm

cardboard0917 wrote:

If I remember correctly, June is the most popular test date so that may be why you're running into problems.

September and December are more popular according to the data. I think I may have read somewhere that there are unusually few testing centers in June.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:34 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:i already had the Mastermind watch for the first take, and my dad sent me the Perfect Score watch for some motivation as a gift so im curious how they stack up against each other. I think the colors are much easier to see on the Perfect Score watch and i like how it counts down from 35 min instead of starting at 0 like the mastermind watch. Looking forward to start drilling and PT over spring break in 1.5 weeks to see how they compare

Let me know how they compare to each other. I too have the Mastermind and like it a lot but, since lawschooli stopped selling them I have been searching for a back up just in case.

Alright, will do brotha! Damn- i didn't know he stopped selling them

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Postby Barry grandpapy » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:10 pm

Last edited by Barry grandpapy on Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:03 pm

I was sorting through my grouping games for next month and realized I have a shit load of just loose games. I've decided to just put them into a separate folder (perhaps called, "The Folder of Misfit Games") and do them sporadically throughout studying, especially when I'm done drilling them in April.

Also, someone talk me out of buying a new LR Bible. My old one has my weird highlights everywhere and I'm not jiving with MH

Platopus

Silver

Postby Platopus » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:05 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Also, someone talk me out of buying a new LR Bible. My old one has my weird highlights everywhere and I'm not jiving with MH

You don't need a new LR bible, as Trump would say, "you know it, I know it, everyone knows it."

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:07 pm

Platopus wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

You don't need a new LR bible, as Trump would say, "you know it, I know it, everyone knows it."

I know, I'll probably stick with my old one and buy 2x copies of PT72 & 79 cause of them weird games and 79s RC.

Platopus

Silver

Postby Platopus » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:10 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Platopus wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

I know, I'll probably stick with my old one and buy 2x copies of PT72 & 79 cause of them weird games and 79s RC.

Just run them through a copier, not worth the 8 bucks IMO to buy a new set. Also, look at the weird games from 1-20 too, there's actually quite a few that have some weird set ups.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?