The Official June 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

DOLPHINS, ARE YOU READY TO CRUSH THIS TEST?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:54 pm

FU%# YES!!!
11
28%
F#$k YES!!!
6
15%
FEAR MY BOTTLE SHAPED NOSE!!!
22
56%
 
Total votes: 39

User avatar
URMSenator52

New
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:50 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby URMSenator52 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:00 am

gaandrsn wrote:Why no love for Georgetown on here? I'm interested in the Public Service/Political so was leaning towards Gtown as one of my top, but sounds like there is something I don't know...

Drilled the writing section for 8 hours this weekend-definitely going to get me that extra scholarship $$$.


+180

GULC is great for SEC, DOJ, and Federal Clerkships. Being in D.C. all year in my opinion,gives a small edge. Overall for public service. The next 2-3 years is this best time to get into public service. . I'm aiming for a 168+. PTing high 160's. This is my first time taking the LSAT,but I've been studying since November... . GULC is on my t14 application short list.

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:04 am

gaandrsn wrote:Why no love for Georgetown on here? I'm interested in the Public Service/Political so was leaning towards Gtown as one of my top, but sounds like there is something I don't know...

Drilled the writing section for 8 hours this weekend-definitely going to get me that extra scholarship $$$.

ure not gonna beet my dope azz ritin skilz dood.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:16 am

gaandrsn wrote:Why no love for Georgetown on here? I'm interested in the Public Service/Political so was leaning towards Gtown as one of my top, but sounds like there is something I don't know...

Drilled the writing section for 8 hours this weekend-definitely going to get me that extra scholarship $$$.

People on here diss GTown for not keeping up with the other t14's when it comes to employment stats

User avatar
URMSenator52

New
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:50 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby URMSenator52 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:24 am

Mikey wrote:
gaandrsn wrote:Why no love for Georgetown on here? I'm interested in the Public Service/Political so was leaning towards Gtown as one of my top, but sounds like there is something I don't know...

Drilled the writing section for 8 hours this weekend-definitely going to get me that extra scholarship $$$.

People on here diss GTown for not keeping up with the other t14's when it comes to employment stats

GULC OCI>>> H/Y/S...

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer

Silver
Posts: 1430
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:33 am

I'm in. Realize I'm 65 pages late, but I re-booted my prep today. About 4 months should be enough time to get me where I want to be (from -12 LR to -2 or -3). Looking forward to the journey with all you fine folks

User avatar
URMSenator52

New
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:50 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby URMSenator52 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:34 am

dj9i27 wrote:
gaandrsn wrote:Why no love for Georgetown on here? I'm interested in the Public Service/Political so was leaning towards Gtown as one of my top, but sounds like there is something I don't know...

Drilled the writing section for 8 hours this weekend-definitely going to get me that extra scholarship $$$.

ure not gonna beet my dope azz ritin skilz dood.


ure not going to be above the median at your hopeful t14. No biglaw for u dood. Tisk Tisk.. Public Service>>Big Law Coffee Associates that will more then likely never see partner lol or a courtroom lol. Internet fourm equals legal writing 101..
Last edited by URMSenator52 on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:36 am

URMSenator52 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
gaandrsn wrote:Why no love for Georgetown on here? I'm interested in the Public Service/Political so was leaning towards Gtown as one of my top, but sounds like there is something I don't know...

Drilled the writing section for 8 hours this weekend-definitely going to get me that extra scholarship $$$.

ure not gonna beet my dope azz ritin skilz dood.


ure not going to be above the median at your hopeful t14. No biglaw for u dood. Tisk Tisk.. Public Service>>Big Law Coffee Associates that will more then likely never see partner lol or courtroom lol. Internet equals legal writing 101..

Get your legal jargon out of here, Senator DreamCrusher. GO'ON GIT

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:40 am

URMSenator52 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
gaandrsn wrote:Why no love for Georgetown on here? I'm interested in the Public Service/Political so was leaning towards Gtown as one of my top, but sounds like there is something I don't know...

Drilled the writing section for 8 hours this weekend-definitely going to get me that extra scholarship $$$.

People on here diss GTown for not keeping up with the other t14's when it comes to employment stats

GULC OCI>>> H/Y/S...

Why do you say that?

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Platopus » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:48 am

mrgstephe wrote:I'm in. Realize I'm 65 pages late, but I re-booted my prep today. About 4 months should be enough time to get me where I want to be (from -12 LR to -2 or -3). Looking forward to the journey with all you fine folks


Better late then never! The struggle for that -2 is realllllll.

User avatar
galeatus

Silver
Posts: 958
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:53 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby galeatus » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:50 am

Mikey wrote:
URMSenator52 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
gaandrsn wrote:Why no love for Georgetown on here? I'm interested in the Public Service/Political so was leaning towards Gtown as one of my top, but sounds like there is something I don't know...

Drilled the writing section for 8 hours this weekend-definitely going to get me that extra scholarship $$$.

People on here diss GTown for not keeping up with the other t14's when it comes to employment stats

GULC OCI>>> H/Y/S...

Why do you say that?

Curious as well - I'm basing my enrollment decision for this fall entirely on the answer to this question

User avatar
blackmamba8

Bronze
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby blackmamba8 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:52 am

Edit.
Last edited by blackmamba8 on Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:54 am

galeatus wrote:
Mikey wrote:
URMSenator52 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
gaandrsn wrote:Why no love for Georgetown on here? I'm interested in the Public Service/Political so was leaning towards Gtown as one of my top, but sounds like there is something I don't know...

Drilled the writing section for 8 hours this weekend-definitely going to get me that extra scholarship $$$.

People on here diss GTown for not keeping up with the other t14's when it comes to employment stats

GULC OCI>>> H/Y/S...

Why do you say that?

Curious as well - I'm basing my enrollment decision for this fall entirely on the answer to this question

He didn't provide a premise to his conclusion :/

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer

Silver
Posts: 1430
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:47 am

galeatus wrote:
Mikey wrote:
URMSenator52 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
gaandrsn wrote:Why no love for Georgetown on here? I'm interested in the Public Service/Political so was leaning towards Gtown as one of my top, but sounds like there is something I don't know...

Drilled the writing section for 8 hours this weekend-definitely going to get me that extra scholarship $$$.

People on here diss GTown for not keeping up with the other t14's when it comes to employment stats

GULC OCI>>> H/Y/S...

Why do you say that?

Curious as well - I'm basing my enrollment decision for this fall entirely on the answer to this question


I'd be cautious putting a *ton* of stock in their employment statistics - A few current lawyers I've spoken with along with GULC alumni have told me that a good portion of their class self selects into non-traditional jobs post-JD (think IC, FS, etc), and that drags down their employment statistics.

If you want DC, GULC is basically your best bet other than H/Y IMO

User avatar
URMSenator52

New
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:50 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby URMSenator52 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:28 pm

mrgstephe wrote:
galeatus wrote:
Mikey wrote:
URMSenator52 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
gaandrsn wrote:Why no love for Georgetown on here? I'm interested in the Public Service/Political so was leaning towards Gtown as one of my top, but sounds like there is something I don't know...

Drilled the writing section for 8 hours this weekend-definitely going to get me that extra scholarship $$$.

People on here diss GTown for not keeping up with the other t14's when it comes to employment stats

GULC OCI>>> H/Y/S...

Why do you say that?

Curious as well - I'm basing my enrollment decision for this fall entirely on the answer to this question


I'd be cautious putting a *ton* of stock in their employment statistics - A few current lawyers I've spoken with along with GULC alumni have told me that a good portion of their class self selects into non-traditional jobs post-JD (think IC, FS, etc), and that drags down their employment statistics.

If you want DC, GULC is basically your best bet other than H/Y IMO


+170

GULC has the best OCI, only in close comparison to Harvard within the T14. Most big law jobs from D.C. and New York, come to GULC OCI. If your into that kind of thing. But if your into public service GULC is your best bet,mainly because of location. Also because if your not above median at Harvard,it will be harder to attain big law or public service. According to Law School Numbers Harvard 1L class = 372. GULC 1L class = 362. In my opinion,there will also be way more big time gunners at H (I.e Ted Cruz,Alan Dershowitz,Obama's,Schumer type people).. If you are not competive and outgoing at H,plus like minium of top 30%. It will be hard to find employment in Big Law or Public Service. In my opinion beating the curve,and less extreme law gunners is easier at GULC. But if you are the best at H (I.e top 5%) and L.R. or Moot Court. You are set for Public Service to big law,in a very high capacity position (I.e Partner,SCOTUS,Politics,Technology,Federal Clerking). But in my generalization and characterization, there are less intelligent people at GULC. Overall in the beginning of their law school careers. Which is beating the numbers game,in my opinion. You can still land good jobs at GULC (I.e Big law,Public Service,Technology etc.) But in D.C. or New York for anything public service, non appointed nor elected GULC>>H\Y\S. If your above the median,(i.e top 20%) L.R. Or Moot Court at GULC. You can attain almost any job a H graduate can attain. This is the only thing that matters beating the median, and the average intelligence of your law school peers. Especially entering 1L 75th percentile LSAT comparison to average comparison of intelligence (I.e median LSAT). Those people are more then likely to be in the the top 5-20% (I.e LSAT more then likely correlating to 1L LS performance). So this is my premise to my GULC OCI >>> H/Y/S conclusion.

User avatar
dm1683

Silver
Posts: 744
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby dm1683 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:51 pm

URMSenator52 wrote:
mrgstephe wrote:
galeatus wrote:
Mikey wrote:
URMSenator52 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
gaandrsn wrote:Why no love for Georgetown on here? I'm interested in the Public Service/Political so was leaning towards Gtown as one of my top, but sounds like there is something I don't know...

Drilled the writing section for 8 hours this weekend-definitely going to get me that extra scholarship $$$.

People on here diss GTown for not keeping up with the other t14's when it comes to employment stats

GULC OCI>>> H/Y/S...

Why do you say that?

Curious as well - I'm basing my enrollment decision for this fall entirely on the answer to this question


I'd be cautious putting a *ton* of stock in their employment statistics - A few current lawyers I've spoken with along with GULC alumni have told me that a good portion of their class self selects into non-traditional jobs post-JD (think IC, FS, etc), and that drags down their employment statistics.

If you want DC, GULC is basically your best bet other than H/Y IMO


+170

GULC has the best OCI, only in close comparison to Harvard within the T14. Most big law jobs from D.C. and New York, come to GULC OCI. If your into that kind of thing. But if your into public service GULC is your best bet,mainly because of location. Also because if your not above median at Harvard,it will be harder to attain big law or public service. According to Law School Numbers Harvard 1L class = 372. GULC 1L class = 362. In my opinion,there will also be way more big time gunners at H (I.e Ted Cruz,Alan Dershowitz,Obama's,Schumer type people).. If you are not competive and outgoing at H,plus like minium of top 30%. It will be hard to find employment in Big Law or Public Service. In my opinion beating the curve,and less extreme law gunners is easier at GULC. But if you are the best at H (I.e top 5%) and L.R. or Moot Court. You are set for Public Service to big law,in a very high capacity position (I.e Partner,SCOTUS,Politics,Technology,Federal Clerking). But in my generalization and characterization, there are less intelligent people at GULC. Overall in the beginning of their law school careers. Which is beating the numbers game,in my opinion. You can still land good jobs at GULC (I.e Big law,Public Service,Technology etc.) But in D.C. or New York for anything public service, non appointed nor elected GULC>>H\Y\S. If your above the median,(i.e top 20%) L.R. Or Moot Court at GULC. You can attain almost any job a H graduate can attain. This is the only thing that matters beating the median, and the average intelligence of your law school peers. Especially entering 1L 75th percentile LSAT comparison to average comparison of intelligence (I.e median LSAT). Those people are more then likely to be in the the top 5-20% (I.e LSAT more then likely correlating to 1L LS performance). So this is my premise to my GULC OCI >>> H/Y/S conclusion.


This is blatantly, absurdly false.

User avatar
galeatus

Silver
Posts: 958
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:53 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby galeatus » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:21 pm

URMSenator52 wrote:
mrgstephe wrote:
galeatus wrote:
Mikey wrote:
URMSenator52 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
gaandrsn wrote:Why no love for Georgetown on here? I'm interested in the Public Service/Political so was leaning towards Gtown as one of my top, but sounds like there is something I don't know...

Drilled the writing section for 8 hours this weekend-definitely going to get me that extra scholarship $$$.

People on here diss GTown for not keeping up with the other t14's when it comes to employment stats

GULC OCI>>> H/Y/S...

Why do you say that?

Curious as well - I'm basing my enrollment decision for this fall entirely on the answer to this question


I'd be cautious putting a *ton* of stock in their employment statistics - A few current lawyers I've spoken with along with GULC alumni have told me that a good portion of their class self selects into non-traditional jobs post-JD (think IC, FS, etc), and that drags down their employment statistics.

If you want DC, GULC is basically your best bet other than H/Y IMO


+170

GULC has the best OCI, only in close comparison to Harvard within the T14. Most big law jobs from D.C. and New York, come to GULC OCI. If your into that kind of thing. But if your into public service GULC is your best bet,mainly because of location. Also because if your not above median at Harvard,it will be harder to attain big law or public service. According to Law School Numbers Harvard 1L class = 372. GULC 1L class = 362. In my opinion,there will also be way more big time gunners at H (I.e Ted Cruz,Alan Dershowitz,Obama's,Schumer type people).. If you are not competive and outgoing at H,plus like minium of top 30%. It will be hard to find employment in Big Law or Public Service. In my opinion beating the curve,and less extreme law gunners is easier at GULC. But if you are the best at H (I.e top 5%) and L.R. or Moot Court. You are set for Public Service to big law,in a very high capacity position (I.e Partner,SCOTUS,Politics,Technology,Federal Clerking). But in my generalization and characterization, there are less intelligent people at GULC. Overall in the beginning of their law school careers. Which is beating the numbers game,in my opinion. You can still land good jobs at GULC (I.e Big law,Public Service,Technology etc.) But in D.C. or New York for anything public service, non appointed nor elected GULC>>H\Y\S. If your above the median,(i.e top 20%) L.R. Or Moot Court at GULC. You can attain almost any job a H graduate can attain. This is the only thing that matters beating the median, and the average intelligence of your law school peers. Especially entering 1L 75th percentile LSAT comparison to average comparison of intelligence (I.e median LSAT). Those people are more then likely to be in the the top 5-20% (I.e LSAT more then likely correlating to 1L LS performance). So this is my premise to my GULC OCI >>> H/Y/S conclusion.


Yeah after reading all that i'm still confused as to why this means that GULC's OCI is better than the OCI programs at HYS

Also employment-wise there is a MASSIVE difference between being below-median at HYS and being below-median at GULC.

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer

Silver
Posts: 1430
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:24 pm

galeatus wrote:
Yeah after reading all that i'm still confused as to why this means that GULC's OCI is better than the OCI programs at HYS

Also employment-wise there is a MASSIVE difference between being below-median at HYS and being below-median at GULC.


In full agreement here. I never meant to intimate that HYS were even close to GULC on terms of value. My main thrust was that for DC, GULC is a strong choice simply due to location.

URMSenator is almost like ferrisjso reincarnate.

User avatar
galeatus

Silver
Posts: 958
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:53 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby galeatus » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:37 pm

mrgstephe wrote:
galeatus wrote:
Yeah after reading all that i'm still confused as to why this means that GULC's OCI is better than the OCI programs at HYS

Also employment-wise there is a MASSIVE difference between being below-median at HYS and being below-median at GULC.


In full agreement here. I never meant to intimate that HYS were even close to GULC on terms of value. My main thrust was that for DC, GULC is a strong choice simply due to location.

URMSenator is almost like ferrisjso reincarnate.


Regrettably haven't heard of ferrisjso before, decided to search for his post history. Was not disappointed at all.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:44 pm

URMSenator52 wrote:
mrgstephe wrote:
galeatus wrote:
Mikey wrote:
URMSenator52 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
gaandrsn wrote:Why no love for Georgetown on here? I'm interested in the Public Service/Political so was leaning towards Gtown as one of my top, but sounds like there is something I don't know...

Drilled the writing section for 8 hours this weekend-definitely going to get me that extra scholarship $$$.

People on here diss GTown for not keeping up with the other t14's when it comes to employment stats

GULC OCI>>> H/Y/S...

Why do you say that?

Curious as well - I'm basing my enrollment decision for this fall entirely on the answer to this question


I'd be cautious putting a *ton* of stock in their employment statistics - A few current lawyers I've spoken with along with GULC alumni have told me that a good portion of their class self selects into non-traditional jobs post-JD (think IC, FS, etc), and that drags down their employment statistics.

If you want DC, GULC is basically your best bet other than H/Y IMO


+170

GULC has the best OCI, only in close comparison to Harvard within the T14. Most big law jobs from D.C. and New York, come to GULC OCI. If your into that kind of thing. But if your into public service GULC is your best bet,mainly because of location. Also because if your not above median at Harvard,it will be harder to attain big law or public service. According to Law School Numbers Harvard 1L class = 372. GULC 1L class = 362. In my opinion,there will also be way more big time gunners at H (I.e Ted Cruz,Alan Dershowitz,Obama's,Schumer type people).. If you are not competive and outgoing at H,plus like minium of top 30%. It will be hard to find employment in Big Law or Public Service. In my opinion beating the curve,and less extreme law gunners is easier at GULC. But if you are the best at H (I.e top 5%) and L.R. or Moot Court. You are set for Public Service to big law,in a very high capacity position (I.e Partner,SCOTUS,Politics,Technology,Federal Clerking). But in my generalization and characterization, there are less intelligent people at GULC. Overall in the beginning of their law school careers. Which is beating the numbers game,in my opinion. You can still land good jobs at GULC (I.e Big law,Public Service,Technology etc.) But in D.C. or New York for anything public service, non appointed nor elected GULC>>H\Y\S. If your above the median,(i.e top 20%) L.R. Or Moot Court at GULC. You can attain almost any job a H graduate can attain. This is the only thing that matters beating the median, and the average intelligence of your law school peers. Especially entering 1L 75th percentile LSAT comparison to average comparison of intelligence (I.e median LSAT). Those people are more then likely to be in the the top 5-20% (I.e LSAT more then likely correlating to 1L LS performance). So this is my premise to my GULC OCI >>> H/Y/S conclusion.

Tldr. But pertaining to class size, LST says 570+ entering class for 2016, and around the same for 2015 1L's. Also, the 2015 grads are 100+ added onto their entering class because of the ridiculous amount of transfers they take in.

User avatar
galeatus

Silver
Posts: 958
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:53 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby galeatus » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:09 pm

URMSenator52 wrote:
mrgstephe wrote:
galeatus wrote:
Mikey wrote:
URMSenator52 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
gaandrsn wrote:Why no love for Georgetown on here? I'm interested in the Public Service/Political so was leaning towards Gtown as one of my top, but sounds like there is something I don't know...

Drilled the writing section for 8 hours this weekend-definitely going to get me that extra scholarship $$$.

People on here diss GTown for not keeping up with the other t14's when it comes to employment stats

GULC OCI>>> H/Y/S...

Why do you say that?

Curious as well - I'm basing my enrollment decision for this fall entirely on the answer to this question


I'd be cautious putting a *ton* of stock in their employment statistics - A few current lawyers I've spoken with along with GULC alumni have told me that a good portion of their class self selects into non-traditional jobs post-JD (think IC, FS, etc), and that drags down their employment statistics.

If you want DC, GULC is basically your best bet other than H/Y IMO


+170

GULC has the best OCI, only in close comparison to Harvard within the T14. Most big law jobs from D.C. and New York, come to GULC OCI. If your into that kind of thing. But if your into public service GULC is your best bet,mainly because of location. Also because if your not above median at Harvard,it will be harder to attain big law or public service. According to Law School Numbers Harvard 1L class = 372. GULC 1L class = 362. In my opinion,there will also be way more big time gunners at H (I.e Ted Cruz,Alan Dershowitz,Obama's,Schumer type people).. If you are not competive and outgoing at H,plus like minium of top 30%. It will be hard to find employment in Big Law or Public Service. In my opinion beating the curve,and less extreme law gunners is easier at GULC. But if you are the best at H (I.e top 5%) and L.R. or Moot Court. You are set for Public Service to big law,in a very high capacity position (I.e Partner,SCOTUS,Politics,Technology,Federal Clerking). But in my generalization and characterization, there are less intelligent people at GULC. Overall in the beginning of their law school careers. Which is beating the numbers game,in my opinion. You can still land good jobs at GULC (I.e Big law,Public Service,Technology etc.) But in D.C. or New York for anything public service, non appointed nor elected GULC>>H\Y\S. If your above the median,(i.e top 20%) L.R. Or Moot Court at GULC. You can attain almost any job a H graduate can attain. This is the only thing that matters beating the median, and the average intelligence of your law school peers. Especially entering 1L 75th percentile LSAT comparison to average comparison of intelligence (I.e median LSAT). Those people are more then likely to be in the the top 5-20% (I.e LSAT more then likely correlating to 1L LS performance). So this is my premise to my GULC OCI >>> H/Y/S conclusion.


Just read this again and also am intrigued (and maybe slightly worried) by how you equivalate LSAT with intelligence. Yes, LSAT has been shown to be correlating with 1L grades, but would you really say that a 179/3.5 is more intelligent than a 172/3.8? And that the former will definitely outperform the latter in law school?

User avatar
URMSenator52

New
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:50 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby URMSenator52 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:06 pm

Being above the median at GULC is easier then,being ahead of the median at H. Even with the transfers they accept at GULC. How low do OCI firms and agencies dip past H median, is the real question? In personal value and location value GULC OCI >>> H/Y/S. Less big time Gunners for above median grades for an OCI bid..
Last edited by URMSenator52 on Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
URMSenator52

New
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:50 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby URMSenator52 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:11 pm

galeatus wrote:
Mikey wrote:
URMSenator52 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
gaandrsn wrote:Why no love for Georgetown on here? I'm interested in the Public Service/Political so was leaning towards Gtown as one of my top, but sounds like there is something I don't know...

Drilled the writing section for 8 hours this weekend-definitely going to get me that extra scholarship $$$.

People on here diss GTown for not keeping up with the other t14's when it comes to employment stats

GULC OCI>>> H/Y/S...

Why do you say that?

Curious as well - I'm basing my enrollment decision for this fall entirely on the answer to this question


I'd be cautious putting a *ton* of stock in their employment statistics - A few current lawyers I've spoken with along with GULC alumni have told me that a good portion of their class self selects into non-traditional jobs post-JD (think IC, FS, etc), and that drags down their employment statistics.

If you want DC, GULC is basically your best bet other than H/Y IMO[/quote]

+170





Just read this again and also am intrigued (and maybe slightly worried) by how you equivalate LSAT with intelligence. Yes, LSAT has been shown to be correlating with 1L grades, but would you really say that a 179/3.5 is more intelligent than a 172/3.8? And that the former will definitely outperform the latter in law school?[/quote]


In my opinion yes,undergrad gpa is pretty much useless outside of LS admissions. But LSAT still correlates while in LS. That 179 person is above the 75th percentile at Harvard. That 179 person I would assume is more likely,to be the top of the Harvard class. This is because of pure work ethic and outside factors like social skills,writing ability, and trial skills. A 172 person,while performed well on the LSAT. In my opinion more then likely will not beat out 179 person, in HLS or LR. That 179 person will more then likely be a Partner or appointe in some fashion. When you get into the 170's every point matters. Most people who score 179-180 are correlated to above average intellect to genius. By test taking methods,research,and comprehension. Compared to a person with a 172 who could be hard worker with above average intelligence,but can't make H Law Review. While most likely barely breaking median (I.e top 45-55%).

User avatar
dm1683

Silver
Posts: 744
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby dm1683 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:49 pm

URMSenator52 wrote:Being above the median at GULC is easier then,being ahead of the median at H.


wtf????

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:55 pm

dm1683 wrote:
URMSenator52 wrote:Being above the median at GULC is easier then,being ahead of the median at H.


wtf????

Yeah, that makes 0 sense

User avatar
URMSenator52

New
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:50 am

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby URMSenator52 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:01 pm

Mikey wrote:
dm1683 wrote:
URMSenator52 wrote:Being above the median at GULC is easier then,being ahead of the median at H.


wtf????

Yeah, that makes 0 sense


If I base this information from LSAT scores medians and <= 75 percentile LSAT scores. Correlating to 1L grades and performance, then it does make very much sense. 0L prep ftw.
Last edited by URMSenator52 on Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests