The Official June 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

DOLPHINS, ARE YOU READY TO CRUSH THIS TEST?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:54 pm

FU%# YES!!!
28%
F#$k YES!!!
15%
FEAR MY BOTTLE SHAPED NOSE!!!
56%

Total votes: 39

PrezRand

Gold

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Postby PrezRand » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:41 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
PrezRand wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
PrezRand wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
PrezRand wrote:Chest day is fer de boyzzz.

r u zyzz?

No lol

i figured zyzz died a while back, wanted to see if you were the reincarnation.

srs, chest has been irking me lately. my bench has been lagging and still can't hit 315, I'm going to lay down and cry now.

It will probably take me a good 6 months to regain my strength while I'm cutting

I'm tempted to bail on my cut and just be on maintenance until June is over and done with.
Speaking of june did kinda meh on my LR drilling just now, 18/25 on Flaw, Strengthen/Weaken, and Assumption with most my losses coming for strengthen surprisingly; LG went much better, just basic/advanced linear did 27/27. I need to get LR more consistent and back to -0/1, 4 months DJ relax.

We got this.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:45 pm

DJ, there's a webinar on 7sage about weaken and strengthen questions that I think really helped me in a huge way with those question types. You should check it out, I skimmed the through the video and just took note of what her actual approach was and I think it's brilliant.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:45 pm

PrezRand wrote:We got this.

The Gods of the test just sent me this email, specifically to me

They have spoken, go on without me.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:46 pm

Mikey wrote:DJ, there's a webinar on 7sage about weaken and strengthen questions that I think really helped me in a huge way with those question types. You should check it out, I skimmed the through the video and just took note of what her actual approach was and I think it's brilliant.

is it now or archived? Because I was going to be a baby and lay down.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:05 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Mikey wrote:DJ, there's a webinar on 7sage about weaken and strengthen questions that I think really helped me in a huge way with those question types. You should check it out, I skimmed the through the video and just took note of what her actual approach was and I think it's brilliant.

It's archived.

thewhalefish

New

Postby thewhalefish » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:08 am

dj9i27 wrote:

Laying down on leg day FeelsLazyMan

PrezRand

Gold

Postby PrezRand » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:07 am

Whats yalls favorite beer

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:12 am

PrezRand wrote:Whats yalls favorite beer

anything cigar city

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:11 pm

So I tried something new today with 4 RC passages, and I actually think I might end up using this in the long-run.. I watched Nicole's RC notation strategy vid and saw how she used it in a passage and how she used her notations with the question. I thought about, and actually thought that the way she did this was pretty smart and efficient. Tried it out today with 4 RC passages, and I'm glad to say that I think I might've found what I've been looking for. Yes, I've been doing alright in RC lately, but I want it to be better, and with her strategy I believe it's a pretty good one. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, yeah it seems like it may be a ton of notating, but if you practice it, I think it can be very helpful.

I still have to work on reading quicker, seeing as I'm taking about 4 mins to read a passage (with and without notating), but I'm going to keep practicing this strategy!

aurelian

New

Postby aurelian » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:21 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
PrezRand wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
PrezRand wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

r u zyzz?

No lol

srs, chest has been irking me lately. my bench has been lagging and still can't hit 315, I'm going to lay down and cry now.

It will probably take me a good 6 months to regain my strength while I'm cutting

I'm tempted to bail on my cut and just be on maintenance until June is over and done with.
Speaking of june did kinda meh on my LR drilling just now, 18/25 on Flaw, Strengthen/Weaken, and Assumption with most my losses coming for strengthen surprisingly; LG went much better, just basic/advanced linear did 27/27. I need to get LR more consistent and back to -0/1, 4 months DJ relax.

You'll be completely fine time-wise. I think what's really been cutting into my time is LG and learning how to master it. If I had good fundamentals/scores on LG, I would be set. The other stuff doesn't take that long to improve, it just takes a lot of intense study.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:31 pm

aurelian wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
PrezRand wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
PrezRand wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

r u zyzz?

No lol

You'll be completely fine time-wise. I think what's really been cutting into my time is LG and learning how to master it. If I had good fundamentals/scores on LG, I would be set. The other stuff doesn't take that long to improve, it just takes a lot of intense study.

LG is 100% a thing that will come to you the more time you put into it, it get really easy about 2 months of consistent drilling. RC/LR are for me at least, wildcards at the moment. I'll go either -0 or -6 which for 100+ days out isn't bad and my first day of "structured" drilling wasn't bad, just a bit of a fall from grace.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:32 pm

I wish I had a test that was only 5 sections of LG :(

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:42 pm

Mikey wrote:I wish I had a test that was only 5 sections of LG :(

The LSAC Gods grant you your wish, but they are all virus style games.

PrezRand

Gold

Postby PrezRand » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:43 pm

Mikey wrote:So I tried something new today with 4 RC passages, and I actually think I might end up using this in the long-run.. I watched Nicole's RC notation strategy vid and saw how she used it in a passage and how she used her notations with the question. I thought about, and actually thought that the way she did this was pretty smart and efficient. Tried it out today with 4 RC passages, and I'm glad to say that I think I might've found what I've been looking for. Yes, I've been doing alright in RC lately, but I want it to be better, and with her strategy I believe it's a pretty good one. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, yeah it seems like it may be a ton of notating, but if you practice it, I think it can be very helpful.

I still have to work on reading quicker, seeing as I'm taking about 4 mins to read a passage (with and without notating), but I'm going to keep practicing this strategy!

Link to video please

aurelian

New

Postby aurelian » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:48 pm

LG is 100% a thing that will come to you the more time you put into it, it get really easy about 2 months of consistent drilling. RC/LR are for me at least, wildcards at the moment. I'll go either -0 or -6 which for 100+ days out isn't bad and my first day of "structured" drilling wasn't bad, just a bit of a fall from grace.

Yeah, I feel that. Just drilling is SUCH a pain in the ass (the same games over and over... kill me). How long did you drill for those two months to get real good at it?

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:54 pm

aurelian wrote:

Yeah, I feel that. Just drilling is SUCH a pain in the ass (the same games over and over... kill me). How long did you drill for those two months to get real good at it?

Every game from 7-40(i think) three times each on a cycle.
Month 1: Basic/Advanced linear
Month 2: Grouping/everything else

I am still mulling over how to get the new games down, that is why I like my 4 month plan better than 3. Months 1&2 are getting it down and 3&4 are timing and patching any holes.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:03 pm

PrezRand wrote:
Mikey wrote:So I tried something new today with 4 RC passages, and I actually think I might end up using this in the long-run.. I watched Nicole's RC notation strategy vid and saw how she used it in a passage and how she used her notations with the question. I thought about, and actually thought that the way she did this was pretty smart and efficient. Tried it out today with 4 RC passages, and I'm glad to say that I think I might've found what I've been looking for. Yes, I've been doing alright in RC lately, but I want it to be better, and with her strategy I believe it's a pretty good one. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, yeah it seems like it may be a ton of notating, but if you practice it, I think it can be very helpful.

Link to video please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO4puXXT_gU&t=4537s

PrezRand

Gold

Postby PrezRand » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:03 pm

Are any of yall applying to WUSTL?

aurelian

New

Postby aurelian » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:05 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
aurelian wrote:

I am still mulling over how to get the new games down, that is why I like my 4 month plan better than 3. Months 1&2 are getting it down and 3&4 are timing and patching any holes.

Can you elaborate what you mean on a cycle? I've been doing 2-3 games a day, then mastering those that day, doing them again the next day, and then kind of dumping them afterwards and working on newer games. Is there a better way to do this?

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:05 pm

PrezRand wrote:Are any of yall applying to WUSTL?

I probably will because of all the money they hand out

PrezRand

Gold

Postby PrezRand » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:09 pm

Mikey wrote:

Was thinking about that too but

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:23 pm

Mikey wrote:

PrezRand

Gold

Postby PrezRand » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:33 pm

I never realized how much of a prestige whore I was until now. I really love Texas. But it isn't that prestigious

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:38 pm

PrezRand wrote:I never realized how much of a prestige whore I was until now. I really love Texas. But it isn't that prestigious

still a great school if someone wants to work in TX. especially if someone is interested in TX big law.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:42 pm

aurelian wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
aurelian wrote:

Can you elaborate what you mean on a cycle? I've been doing 2-3 games a day, then mastering those that day, doing them again the next day, and then kind of dumping them afterwards and working on newer games. Is there a better way to do this?

So cycle entails the month 1 and month 2 games (broken down in my previous post). I do them probably similar to you where it is: Game 1, Game 2, Game 1, Game 2, Game 1, Game 2, Game 3.... when I say that it isn't only one game, it is a set of 4. I do them in those intervals so I try and forget, "Number 5 is A so duh."

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?