The Official June 2017 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

DOLPHINS, ARE YOU READY TO CRUSH THIS TEST?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:54 pm

FU%# YES!!!
28%
F#$k YES!!!
15%
FEAR MY BOTTLE SHAPED NOSE!!!
56%

Total votes: 39

thewhalefish

New

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Post by thewhalefish » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:45 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
thewhalefish wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
thewhalefish wrote:What month are you actually in? IIRC, you said you've been doing this for a pretty long time now. I'm guessing month 3 is March?
I'd like to stick with you as much as I can for accountability if we are on the same 1/2/3/4/5 month J/F/M/A/May schedule.
I spent January going over the trainer with minimal drilling, so I'm going to count the 12th of this month day 1 of legit studying.
Feb-March month 1
March to april Month 2
April to may Month 3
May to June 10thish Month 4

3 and 4 are purely PTs and timed sections, I think this is enough.
Sounds good. I need a good time frame so I'll copy you lol. Can't wait for M3 and M4 with real PTs every other day! I'm stoked just thinking how much better I will be by then.
sounds like your going in with a good head on your shoulders! one thing I intend to do is take a day off every now and again (once or twice a month) it might not be great to 100% let it consume you.
I read an article from a 180-scorer and he said he just had to step back at a point when he was doing one test per day. I can imagine how grinding on the nerves it could be. But it's all in effort for that perfect score (and ultimately more $$)! Any time spent is well worth it, for sure.
Let's do this!! Mikey, Walli: Hop on the hype train because it is leaving the station.

dj9i27

Gold

Post by dj9i27 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:47 pm

thewhalefish wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
thewhalefish wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
thewhalefish wrote:What month are you actually in? IIRC, you said you've been doing this for a pretty long time now. I'm guessing month 3 is March?
I'd like to stick with you as much as I can for accountability if we are on the same 1/2/3/4/5 month J/F/M/A/May schedule.
I spent January going over the trainer with minimal drilling, so I'm going to count the 12th of this month day 1 of legit studying.
Feb-March month 1
March to april Month 2
April to may Month 3

Sounds good. I need a good time frame so I'll copy you lol. Can't wait for M3 and M4 with real PTs every other day! I'm stoked just thinking how much better I will be by then.
sounds like your going in with a good head on your shoulders! one thing I intend to do is take a day off every now and again (once or twice a month) it might not be great to 100% let it consume you.
I read an article from a 180-scorer and he said he just had to step back at a point when he was doing one test per day. I can imagine how grinding on the nerves it could be. But it's all in effort for that perfect score (and ultimately more $$)! Any time spent is well worth it, for sure.
Let's do this!! Mikey, Walli: Hop on the hype train because it is leaving the station.
if I somehow pull a 180 on test day I might actually go in a coma and not be able to attend law school.

thewhalefish

New

Post by thewhalefish » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:50 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
thewhalefish wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
thewhalefish wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Feb-March month 1
March to april Month 2
April to may Month 3

if I somehow pull a 180 on test day I might actually go in a coma and not be able to attend law school.
If I somehow pull a 175 I will definitely go into a coma.

greatspirit

Bronze

Post by greatspirit » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:25 am

thewhalefish wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
thewhalefish wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
thewhalefish wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Feb-March month 1
March to april Month 2
April to may Month 3

If I somehow pull a 170 I will definitely give TLS my first born.

thewhalefish

New

Post by thewhalefish » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:25 am

If I somehow pull a 170 I will definitely give TLS my first born.
Well then.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Saylor1720

New

Post by Saylor1720 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:52 pm

I drilled an RC section today. I used the "voyager" method of reading the passage faster and notating what I think is going to be useful in the questions. Returning to the area of the passage to answer the questions.

I went -3 in 35:42. I assume I will get quicker and quicker as studying goes on.

I really liked it actually. It felt good "knowing" you got the right answer because it was right there. I'm going to keep at this and see where it'll take me. RC was my biggest issue going into December. The method I was using then was to not notate at all and ready slowly try to absorb everything and answer the questions without returning back. Clearly, that didn't work for me in the end.

So thank you!

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:01 pm

Saylor1720 wrote:I drilled an RC section today. I used the "voyager" method of reading the passage faster and notating what I think is going to be useful in the questions. Returning to the area of the passage to answer the questions.

I went -3 in 35:42. I assume I will get quicker and quicker as studying goes on.

I really liked it actually. It felt good "knowing" you got the right answer because it was right there. I'm going to keep at this and see where it'll take me. RC was my biggest issue going into December. The method I was using then was to not notate at all and ready slowly try to absorb everything and answer the questions without returning back. Clearly, that didn't work for me in the end.

So thank you!
I tend to use Voyager;s method as well-- very helpful. It seems very natural to me to do it this way

Saylor1720

New

Post by Saylor1720 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:31 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:
Saylor1720 wrote:I drilled an RC section today. I used the "voyager" method of reading the passage faster and notating what I think is going to be useful in the questions. Returning to the area of the passage to answer the questions.

So thank you!
I tend to use Voyager;s method as well-- very helpful. It seems very natural to me to do it this way
I found it helped me stay much more engaged. I was trying to dissect the passage to find it's bare bones, instead of getting lulled to sleep by the details.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:10 pm

jagerbom79 wrote: I tend to use Voyager;s method as well-- very helpful. It seems very natural to me to do it this way
You do? Didn't know this, interesting. What do you usual get on RC sections?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dj9i27

Gold

Post by dj9i27 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:32 pm

Slamming preworkout and no one has any idea what my mystery turn up beverage does, I have mentally checked out of the last 30 minutes of work. Gonna get a jump start on drilling probably 30 or so LR and a LG packet tonight with some MH readings. Christ sake when we do this it sounds like a restaurant special.

thewhalefish

New

Post by thewhalefish » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:55 pm

Saylor1720 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:

So thank you!
I found it helped me stay much more engaged. I was trying to dissect the passage to find it's bare bones, instead of getting lulled to sleep by the details.
Just looked up Voyager's method. Is it bad that I am now excited about the prospect of actually being somewhat involved with the passages? Good thread, although V seemed kind of like a dick.
I thought it was incredibly interesting to see Pithypike respond on the thread and was like the ideological opposite to V's attitude of state schools. And yet the majority of people here use both of their methods for different sections. Fascinating.

dm1683

Silver

Post by dm1683 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:47 pm

Just went -0 on my first Grouping games drill (5 games, 33 questions) after a week of studying techniques on 7sage and in the Bible, although I took almost an hour LOL. I have to get faster - does this just come with practice? Hope so.

PrezRand

Gold

Post by PrezRand » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:53 pm

Chest day is fer de boyzzz.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dj9i27

Gold

Post by dj9i27 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:05 pm

PrezRand wrote:Chest day is fer de boyzzz.
r u zyzz?

CaliforniaHooligan

New

Post by CaliforniaHooligan » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:11 pm

Mikey wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote: I tend to use Voyager;s method as well-- very helpful. It seems very natural to me to do it this way
Mikey, I thought you would have crushed SEP 2016 LSAT, how are you by the way? I am taking it in June and Sep this year...I need a 165+ to be okay with life...and that is just to be okay with life.

CaliforniaHooligan

New

Post by CaliforniaHooligan » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:12 pm

FOR DA BOYS

Cash me outside, HOW BOUH DAH?

PrezRand

Gold

Post by PrezRand » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:20 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
r u zyzz?
No lol

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dj9i27

Gold

Post by dj9i27 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:29 pm

PrezRand wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
r u zyzz?
No lol
i figured zyzz died a while back, wanted to see if you were the reincarnation.

srs, chest has been irking me lately. my bench has been lagging and still can't hit 315, I'm going to lay down and cry now.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:45 pm

CaliforniaHooligan wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Mikey, I thought you would have crushed SEP 2016 LSAT, how are you by the way? I am taking it in June and Sep this year...I need a 165+ to be okay with life...and that is just to be okay with life.
Hey! I'm good, and yourself? Nope, I shit the bed in September.. Was pretty confident before scores came out but my confidence wasn't a good sign like I thought I guess, haha. I'm aiming for a 167+, anything above that would make me happy! Been PTing in the mid-high 160's lately but took a PT yesterday and completely got wrecked with a 163.

CaliforniaHooligan

New

Post by CaliforniaHooligan » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Mikey wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Hey! I'm good, and yourself? Nope, I shit the bed in September.. Was pretty confident before scores came out but my confidence wasn't a good sign like I thought I guess, haha. I'm aiming for a 167+, anything above that would make me happy! Been PTing in the mid-high 160's lately but took a PT yesterday and completely got wrecked with a 163.
I also shit the bed completely in September, very upset about that...but the alcohol helped quell the initial pain. Just putting my head down, keeping a stiff upper lip, and driving on. With so much time before June and September I think we're going to crush these LSATs. I plan on taking both regardless of how I do in June. If I get a 165 or better I will be happy.

What is causing you the most trouble right now?

aurelian

New

Post by aurelian » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:09 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
PrezRand wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
r u zyzz?
No lol

srs, chest has been irking me lately. my bench has been lagging and still can't hit 315, I'm going to lay down and cry now.
I fucked up my forearm hard while doing curls and have to take two weeks rest. Please no gym talk, I beg you.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dj9i27

Gold

Post by dj9i27 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:18 pm

aurelian wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
PrezRand wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
r u zyzz?
No lol

I fucked up my forearm hard while doing curls and have to take two weeks rest. Please no gym talk, I beg you.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/fat-g ... gQodL4UKNg
Get these to train forearms when you heal, they look gimmicky but they do work.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:24 pm

Mikey wrote:
Mikey wrote:
I also shit the bed completely in September, very upset about that...but the alcohol helped quell the initial pain. Just putting my head down, keeping a stiff upper lip, and driving on. With so much time before June and September I think we're going to crush these LSATs. I plan on taking both regardless of how I do in June. If I get a 165 or better I will be happy.

What is causing you the most trouble right now?
the bolded, amen. haha

READING COMP IS MY TROUBLE!! Best I've done on RC was -6 on a PT. PT I took yesterday I got double digits wrong on RC :oops: LR saved me from going into the 150's lmao

hbu?

PrezRand

Gold

Post by PrezRand » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:46 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
PrezRand wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
r u zyzz?
No lol

It will probably take me a good 6 months to regain my strength while I'm cutting

dj9i27

Gold

Post by dj9i27 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:19 pm

PrezRand wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
PrezRand wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
r u zyzz?
No lol

It will probably take me a good 6 months to regain my strength while I'm cutting

I'm tempted to bail on my cut and just be on maintenance until June is over and done with.
Speaking of june did kinda meh on my LR drilling just now, 18/25 on Flaw, Strengthen/Weaken, and Assumption with most my losses coming for strengthen surprisingly; LG went much better, just basic/advanced linear did 27/27. I need to get LR more consistent and back to -0/1, 4 months DJ relax.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”