Photocopying LSAT prep tests ... a better way?

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Roverse

New

Photocopying LSAT prep tests ... a better way?

Postby Roverse » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:29 pm

Having to stand over a communal photocopier and scan in every PT is time consuming and annoying, and the pages never come out as straight as I want! Aside from muttering under my breath about how the LSAC is stuck in the 1440s, is there anything I can do to make this less annoying? I'm on my 10th PT and this is getting old. :cry:

amta

Platinum

Re: Photocopying LSAT prep tests ... a better way?

Postby amta » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:37 pm

Roverse wrote:Having to stand over a communal photocopier and scan in every PT is time consuming and annoying, and the pages never come out as straight as I want! Aside from muttering under my breath about how the LSAC is stuck in the 1440s, is there anything I can do to make this less annoying? I'm on my 10th PT and this is getting old. :cry:

you can buy PDF versions?

maybeman

Bronze

Postby maybeman » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:48 pm

amta wrote:
Roverse wrote:Having to stand over a communal photocopier and scan in every PT is time consuming and annoying, and the pages never come out as straight as I want! Aside from muttering under my breath about how the LSAC is stuck in the 1440s, is there anything I can do to make this less annoying? I'm on my 10th PT and this is getting old. :cry:

you can buy PDF versions?

You can't anymore. You can try to find somebody to send/sell them to you (illegally). Or try Kinkos

laqueredup

Bronze

Postby laqueredup » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:23 pm

I found it was a lot easier to use tiny-scan on my phone. The camera is good enough for what you need and it was easier to get the page flat.

Silver

Postby AvatarMeelo » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:58 am

I'm wondering, whether it's possible to cut off the binding and scan it through a feeder?

Walliums

Silver

Postby Walliums » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:26 pm

I actually use our library's book scanner. It allows you to rest the book in a natural open position and scan the pages that way. It's not perfect, but it allows me to use PTs more than once while only having to scan once.

Roverse

New

Postby Roverse » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:26 pm

laqueredup wrote:I found it was a lot easier to use tiny-scan on my phone. The camera is good enough for what you need and it was easier to get the page flat.

I had the same idea, but I found that so time consuming. What app did you use? CamScanner seemed to be pretty adept at flattening and recoloring scans.

clueless801 wrote:

I'm wondering, whether it's possible to cut off the binding and scan it through a feeder?

I've never done anything like that before. I'm afraid of damaging it.

laqueredup

Bronze

Postby laqueredup » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:46 pm

I used tiny scanner. I was just copying the games, and usually I just did it before taking the test. That way I could reprint whenever I needed more games to practice. It's still not efficient I suppose.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:39 pm

clueless801 wrote:

If you get the new PTs which are in the individual bindings, it is very easy and quick to do this. Thats what I did.

Roverse

New

Postby Roverse » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:14 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:
clueless801 wrote:

If you get the new PTs which are in the individual bindings, it is very easy and quick to do this. Thats what I did.

Great to know, thanks! I have the most recent PTs in the individual bindings, so I'll give that a shot.

littlewing67

Silver

Postby littlewing67 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:55 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KillaKam92

New

Postby KillaKam92 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:24 pm

I feel like theres an obvious answer to this question, just not sure if its appropriate to say........so I wont

blackmamba8

Bronze

Postby blackmamba8 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:31 pm

I just erase and reuse..

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�