Advice for optimal performance on the days, and on Saturday, hours, leading up to test time.

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
WiltyMIZ

New

Advice for optimal performance on the days, and on Saturday, hours, leading up to test time.

Postby WiltyMIZ » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:21 pm

Hi y'all. So 6 months, and 35-40 PTs later (coupled with at least a dozen retakes) and I can safely say I cannot do much more for this testing administration. My prep scores are good and I just want to maximize my chances or matching them on the actual thing.

What are some rituals, routines, or activities that you guys did to walk into the testing center performing your best. What kind of test warmup did you do before walkin into the actual thing? Any and all general advice would be beneficial for me to take into account here?

As always is the case, thank you for any input you can provide.

Alexandros

Platinum

Re: Advice for optimal performance on the days, and on Saturday, hours, leading up to test time.

Postby Alexandros » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:57 am

So, what I did, and it seemed to work for me:
- The week(s) leading up to test day: individual timed sections that I hadn't seen before every day, because I had a tendency to backslide if I was rusty. Check out test-center and figure out where the restrooms are. Get ziplock bag ready. Get lots of sleep.
- Night before: make sure everything was ready (ziplock bag, clothes, morning warm-up, etc).
- Morning of: woke up ~ 4:45 (I think I intended 5) -> coffee, shower, breakfast (+ Pepto bismal to be safe) -> Timed warm-up of 2 games, 2 passages, entire LR section (all unfamiliar) -> pump-up music -> head to TC. At the time I wished I'd brought games or something to keep me occupied during the ~30 min wait.

A few other things: Don't freak out if you if you get very little sleep - the adrenalin will carry you through, bring adequate food, treat it like it's just a proctored PT - do your best and don't freak out. With the amount you've studied, you'll know how to deal with anything they could throw at you.

I hope that helps and good luck!! :)

Blueprint Mithun

Bronze

Re: Advice for optimal performance on the days, and on Saturday, hours, leading up to test time.

Postby Blueprint Mithun » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:42 pm

WiltyMIZ wrote:Hi y'all. So 6 months, and 35-40 PTs later (coupled with at least a dozen retakes) and I can safely say I cannot do much more for this testing administration. My prep scores are good and I just want to maximize my chances or matching them on the actual thing.

What are some rituals, routines, or activities that you guys did to walk into the testing center performing your best. What kind of test warmup did you do before walkin into the actual thing? Any and all general advice would be beneficial for me to take into account here?

As always is the case, thank you for any input you can provide.

During the weeks leading up to the test, I started doing an extra RC section every day, because RC was my weakest section. I also drilled the last 10 questions in old LR sections that I had done before, because those tend to be the hardest, and I wanted to get used to handling denser questions. Other than that, I kept up my practice test schedule.

On game day, I woke up and looked at one logic game and one RC passage. I read through the RC passage without answering any questions, and I set up the logic game but didn't do any of those questions either.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�