[HELP] Bubble broader than the circle?

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
pipipipi

Bronze

[HELP] Bubble broader than the circle?

Postby pipipipi » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:26 am

Hi everyone,

Upcoming Dec test taker here. A question about stray marks on the answer sheet has troubled me recently.

If I fill in the whole circle, and broader than the circle itself (so it covers the bubble entirely), but not to the extend that the mark touches the edge of bubbles of other answer choices, would that count as a stray mark and thus not admitted?

I originally thought that they only scan answers within the circle and thus as long as no other answers have anything in it, while one answer has everything filled, it will be fine; but I recently read an example of stray mark that worried me. (If someone hand score it, it may appear apparent which answer the test taker chose)

For example, on the right, question 7 and 25, if there is only 1 answer, the one on the right, filled for each question, will it still be a correct mark?

http://www.iitianspace.com/images/OMR-f ... idline.pdf

Can someone explain the science of OMR and how are machines processed?

Much appreciated!

lymenheimer

Gold

Re: [HELP] Bubble broader than the circle?

Postby lymenheimer » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:46 am

Holy shot. Just completely bubble in the circle.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:03 pm

Yeah, just bubble in the circle as well as you can under time constraints, and don't bubble in other circles (or erase if you do). The machine is good at what it does. Don't worry about it.

pipipipi

Bronze

Postby pipipipi » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:41 am

Thanks for the reply.

I guess I am asking because I have a habit to draw a short slash in bubbles first when I copy my answers, sometimes the slash went 1~2mm outside of the circle, and then fill in the circle all together, looking at the markings I already made.

I am not trying to make marks as shown in the link, it is just an extreme example trying to understand the issue/logistics at hand.

spqr351

New

Postby spqr351 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:36 am

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�