Unbearable Anxiety - LSAT Ticket Photo

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Devblev

New

Unbearable Anxiety - LSAT Ticket Photo

Postby Devblev » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:32 pm

Hi, all. To give you a little background, I decided to go to law school just a few months ago and am on a tight deadline in terms of taking the LSAT. I have already submitted applications, even though I haven't taken the LSAT before, so the final matter causing me anxiety is the test.

I am confident about how I will do on the LSAT, but there are two things bothering me. First, is the test location (which is very vague and does not even include a building), and the second is the photo. I already posted about the location, so here I'll ask about the photo.

My photo is easily recognizable as me. It is of the shoulders up, and my entire face is in the frame. The picture fits perfectly within the box on the ticket. The first issue is that it looks blurry on the ticket but did not look blurry when I uploaded it to LSAC. Second, there background is not perfectly plain. I had someone take the photo of me as I stood in front of a white door, so the entire background is white, but there is texture to the door. For instance, there is a line that runs just above my head that is where the door opens and closes.

I'm already feeling like an idiot, but I'm hoping someone can share their experiences with photos. Does this sound acceptable to anyone? Or will I likely be turned away?

dontsaywhatyoumean

Bronze

Re: Unbearable Anxiety - LSAT Ticket Photo

Postby dontsaywhatyoumean » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:38 pm

We don't know how blurry you're talking about.

Texture issue wouldn't seem critical, but once again, we don't know what you're referring to exactly. Maybe many proctors would let it go. I know some make exceptions.

Devblev

New

Postby Devblev » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:06 pm

Removed
Last edited by Devblev on Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nebby

Diamond

Postby Nebby » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:13 pm

Pic isn't showing up. But unless it's so blurry you're unrecognizable, then you're fine

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:15 pm

I had this problem too - Looked fine on the computer but lost resolution when you print it out. It might look clearer if you print color rather than B&W. Regardless, it should be fine, unless you're unrecognizable. And I don't think you need to worry about the texture on the door behind you.
Regarding test center - Look up reviews or ask someone who's taken it there before, and you should get a better idea of where it will be. Mine was a uni and had no TC reviews, so I think I asked on the school's reddit and got my answer.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�