Need LR Help

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Tazewell

Bronze

Need LR Help

Postby Tazewell » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:49 pm

Does anyone have any good advice for what they did, or read somewhere, to improve LR from -4 to -6 to -0 to -2 (total of both sections)?

I've been stuck right around -6 for about a month and a half now and just cannot break it. I wish it were one question type that just killed me because I would just drill the shit out of it, but each test it's something different. Right now I'm just going through every practice test I've taken and writing out why each answer choice is wrong or right, but I'm only through two and I have about twenty, so this may help.

Any other suggestions?

Alexandros

Platinum

Re: Need LR Help

Postby Alexandros » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:03 pm

I found Manhattan extremely useful. Also - going through each type untimed / timed but not with a time-limit per-se (even if you don't struggle with a particular type.) Bracket the conclusion, underline the support, and try to predict the flaw/assumption in advance (for question types where this is possible.)

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:22 pm

Don't listen to Alex, he didn't even get a 180 but a 179.

Nah, but I agree with Alex because the man knows what he's talking about. OP, what books or resources have you used to study for LR? I use 7sage and it's pretty good. I haven't used it but you can't go wrong with Manhattans LR book, I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Deardevil

Bronze

Postby Deardevil » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:32 pm

The LSAT Trainer and 7Sage are all you need, my friend.
Flaws, assumptions, lawgic... The two cover everything.

Tazewell

Bronze

Postby Tazewell » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:52 pm

I took the ScorePerfect class to prepare for the September test (if I could do it over again I'd self-prep even though the class was great) but was sick on test day and got a 164 so I'm taking the December test because my PT average is 172.

I was hoping to avoid buying Cambridge or 7Sage because I feel like my logic and technique is pretty good, but might just have to bite the bullet to pick up those points.

Thanks for the advice!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�