Score is Plateauing

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
The_Gavel

New

Score is Plateauing

Postby The_Gavel » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:56 pm

Taking December LSAT. I've been self-studying the powerscore books for a few months and have been doing a previous LSAT practice test daily for the last few weeks. My diagnostic was at 148 and right now I seem to be in the 163-66 range. I feel like I'm plateuing-almost every exam I take get between 21-22 on the CR sections and miss at least five reading questions. I would like to be closer to 170, anybody have any suggestions for the last month. I was thinking about getting a tutor, any recommendations on that end? Is it better to go with one of the larger companies (like powerscore), or try to find a cheaper person that I could spend more hours with for the price (I'm in Pittsburgh)? Any insight would be appreciated!

Voyager

Silver

Re: Score is Plateauing

Postby Voyager » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:15 pm

1) understand what sort of questions you are missing and drill those (which means reading the answers, understanding what you did wrong and then trying again)

2) shift/augment your RC approach. I recommend taking better notes when you read the passage

What is your Logic Games score? If you are not at 0/-1 or so then you have a ton of opportunity there as well. That section is formulaic.

The_Gavel

New

Postby The_Gavel » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:22 pm

Good advice to point one. Think I'll probably input all my scores into a program or calculate by hand and see the exact distribution.

Do you recommend flat out notes next to the passage for the RC or the tagging method the books give? I've been trying the tagging method but obviously not doing great with it.

Games I'm usually around 20, usually miss a substitution question per passage then another one or two, need to continue to tighten that up

Thanks for the help

Voyager

Silver

Postby Voyager » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:03 pm

My thoughts on taking notes in RC? Well... turns out I had a few at one point:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7240
Last edited by Voyager on Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager

Silver

Postby Voyager » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:04 pm

alexp wrote:Good advice to point one. Think I'll probably input all my scores into a program or calculate by hand and see the exact distribution.

Do you recommend flat out notes next to the passage for the RC or the tagging method the books give? I've been trying the tagging method but obviously not doing great with it.

Games I'm usually around 20, usually miss a substitution question per passage then another one or two, need to continue to tighten that up

Thanks for the help

Games need to be perfect, friend. Easiest section to get a perfect score on and if you want a 170+, those points are key.

The_Gavel

New

Postby The_Gavel » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:38 pm

Voyager wrote:My thoughts on taking notes in RC? Well... turns out I had a few at one point:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7240

good stuff and makes more sense than the other strategies I've seen. Thanks again, going to start tackling passages with the strategy

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�