February too late for this cycle?

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
CharmCity15

New

February too late for this cycle?

Postby CharmCity15 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:11 pm

Hi all,

I made a chances thread a few days ago and am not opposed to re-taking but as I stare at the looming tuesday deadline and really think about time commitment, I'm just not sure how much I can study between work + filling out apps between now and December. If I'm waitlisted/disappointed with scholarships, can my February score be a boost for this cycle? If so, I would probably rather take it in February to really give myself the time to review my mistakes and feel confident i can score in the higher 170s
(for what its worth- 4.0, 170 was PTint 173-176)

Thanks!

blackmamba8

Bronze

Re: February too late for this cycle?

Postby blackmamba8 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:18 pm

Don't rush and retake in December. Spend this time focusing on getting all your apps in before Thanksgiving. You're going to have some great options with your current stats and you can use a February score to help negotiate scholarships.

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:41 pm

February is good for waitlists and scholly negotiations.
Your numbers are good enough to get in everywhere but HYSC now, but tell them you're retaking in February and they'll hold your apps. They're not going to outright reject a 4.0/170.

CharmCity15

New

Postby CharmCity15 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:02 pm

Thank you both so much! Totally glad to hear February isn't too late as I really wanted to buckle down and finish these apps in the next few weeks anyway.

Would you say I have at least some chance at H or S right now as my stats stand? Assuming out at Yale.

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:14 pm

CharmCity15 wrote:Would you say I have at least some chance at H or S right now as my stats stand?

Yes, some chance. Less than a coin flips chance though assuming you're an average softs applicant.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�