Several Questions on the LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Lucky Man

New

Several Questions on the LSAT

Post by Lucky Man » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:54 pm

Hi all,

Do you guys know if the schools will accept the February LSAT score for this year's cycle?
Also is it possible to raise the score from 155 to 165+ in a month? (and yes, I am taking the December LSAT).
Thank you very much!

guynourmin

Gold

Re: Several Questions on the LSAT

Post by guynourmin » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:56 pm

"The schools"

Some will, some wont. Have to look on their admissions page; every school is different. If you can get in with your Dec score, they will all reevaluate your merit award with a Feb lsat increase, though!

kindofcanuck

Bronze

Post by kindofcanuck » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:36 pm

Lucky Man wrote:Hi all,

Do you guys know if the schools will accept the February LSAT score for this year's cycle?
Also is it possible to raise the score from 155 to 165+ in a month? (and yes, I am taking the December LSAT).
Thank you very much!
At the risk of sounding unhelpful - and I swear to god this is well intentioned - this is quite revealing.

You titled it "Several questions on the LSAT". You posted two, which wouldn't normally be considered 'several', and 'questions on the LSAT' implies 'question 20 on pt 50 and Q25 on pt 45 and Q17 on pt 70'. The two questions you had were about the LSAT, one only tangentially (it was about law schools themselves).

The reasons I make that persnickety remark - a lot of LSAT questions hinge on very precise use of language. Using 'several', where 'one' would be more appropriate could well be the reason an option is the right answer for a flaw in an argument.

You're hoping to go from about top 45% to top 9%+. This is a big leap, and whilst it *can* be done, you're giving yourself a very short time, and you're going to need to be very, very careful with your reading.

As you've already been told, admissions policies vary, some schools will accept February, some will not.

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:07 pm

kindofcanuck wrote:

Thank you very much!
At the risk of sounding unhelpful - and I swear to god this is well intentioned - this is quite revealing.

You titled it "Several questions on the LSAT". You posted two, which wouldn't normally be considered 'several', and 'questions on the LSAT' implies 'question 20 on pt 50 and Q25 on pt 45 and Q17 on pt 70'. The two questions you had were about the LSAT, one only tangentially (it was about law schools themselves).

The reasons I make that persnickety remark - a lot of LSAT questions hinge on very precise use of language. Using 'several', where 'one' would be more appropriate could well be the reason an option is the right answer for a flaw in an argument.

You're hoping to go from about top 45% to top 9%+. This is a big leap, and whilst it *can* be done, you're giving yourself a very short time, and you're going to need to be very, very careful with your reading.

As you've already been told, admissions policies vary, some schools will accept February, some will not.
Lol wut.

Agree with the rest though. :P

Eta, in the interest of adding something remotely constructive: As others have said, 155 -> 165 is a month is not an easy (or likely) jump to make, but it is *possible.* Imho, (although obviously I don't know your goals or individual situation) you are cutting yourself short by not giving yourself the chance to get the best score you possibly can, and a month will not give you that opportunity. Rest assured that your diagnostic (or any deficiencies in your grammar, spelling, word usage, etc, should they exist) will not preclude from performing extremely well on this thing given enough time and effort.

Lucky Man

New

Post by Lucky Man » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:00 pm

Thanks everyone, and thanks for the criticism.
I hope everything will work out at the end.
Have a great day --

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Blueprint Mithun

Bronze

Post by Blueprint Mithun » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:03 pm

Thank you very much!

It depends on the specific school. Check their admission deadlines to be sure. Since you won't have your February scores back till the end of the month, any schools with a Feb 15th or earlier admissions deadline would be out of the running.

Raising your score by 10 points in a month is not an easy feat. I wouldn't count on it - not that it isn't possible, but it isn't likely without spending many hours a day prepping.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:16 pm

Apply with your December score and use February for waitlists and scholly negotiations.
Or if you're not ready for December or bomb it, sit out the cycle and apply next fall.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”