Have 3-4 weeks off of work to prepare for Dec test...help?

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
LSAT1216

New

Have 3-4 weeks off of work to prepare for Dec test...help?

Postby LSAT1216 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:58 am

So I just got a new job and my starting date will be at the earliest 3 weeks from today and at the latest 4 weeks. I want to devote this time completely to preparing for the Dec test. Right now I have all of the 70s tests, 6 of the 60s, and 9 of the 50s. Should I be taking a PT every 2-3 days? My only concrete plan right now is to do the 7sage games method. My plan is to do at least one game from 1-50 every day until I've mastered it. The next day I will do another game but also redo yesterday's game. I've used probably half of the games between 1-50 already but I figure I'll be fine because I've repeated games in the past and had forgotten the inferences so I still think I'll be getting good use out of them. Right now my games are -5 to -7, my LR is -5 to -10 (total), and my RC is -3 consistently. So if you were me and you had 3 to 4 weeks to completely devote to this test, what would you do?

Law2020hopeful

New

Re: Have 3-4 weeks off of work to prepare for Dec test...help?

Postby Law2020hopeful » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:24 pm

Are your score breakdowns/averages from timed practice tests under test conditions?

I would focus on LG (which is definitely the most learnable section) 7sage is the best for that, so I think that's a solid plan.

As for LR, I would really hone in on the fundamentals. Make sure you understand the underlying concepts and logic that they are testing you on. I use TestMasters and Manhattan and both are generally helpful. I would advocate for drilling specific question types (not sure how other companies break them down but TestMasters does Types 1-11 with 1 and 2 being most common) until you're comfortable with those specific question types and then I would drill LR sections (time yourself but if you have to go over 35 mins at first to have the highest accuracy you're capable of that's fine) and then start being strict about stopping at 35 mins in 10-14 days.

Hope this helps.

LSAT1216

New

Postby LSAT1216 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:12 pm

Yes those are from test conditions w/ timed PTs.

Fundamentals are definitely something I struggle with when it comes to LR. I'm pretty terrible w/ formal logic so I go into every PT knowing I'll be getting at least a -2/-3 from those types of questions. The 7sage explanations for that hasn't really helped me too much. Do you have a suggestion for a resource that might be better?

Law2020hopeful

New

Postby Law2020hopeful » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:28 pm

LSAT1216 wrote:Do you have a suggestion for a resource that might be better?

I highly recommend TestMasters. They have an online course you can start at any time, but it may not be worth it if you'd only use it for 3-4 weeks.You can watch video lessons and they have a bunch of online drills that should help you.

I also recommend the Manhattan LSAT books. Their LR book has been really helpful for me as well.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�