Online recorded/on demand prep courses.

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
itsmyusername

New

Online recorded/on demand prep courses.

Postby itsmyusername » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:38 pm

Hey everyone! I've been lurking online for a while, and finally decided to join. I've been considering enrolling in a prep-course since I graduated from undergrad earlier this year. Since I currently am working full time, most course times --in person, or live online-- do not work with my schedule. As such, I've turned my attention to recorded/on demand prep. I decided to create a new thread because I feel like most info I've read on here about online courses usually regard the live course and not on demand.

I welcome comments as to whether I should even consider doing this rather than another form of individual prep. Though, my main question is whether anyone has any positive/negative experience with this type of prep from any of the following companies that I've somewhat narrowed it down to:
-7Sage (I mean, that price... but not sure it works as well as others may)
-ScoreItUp! (more local to Southern California)
0Manhattan LSAT (their interactive program caught my attention)
-Velocity (seems great, especially for $499)
-Blueprint (I've only heard amazing things about the actual course and assume their on demand one should be similar in quality)

Thanks!

Mikey

Platinum

Re: Online recorded/on demand prep courses.

Postby Mikey » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:52 am

7sage is very well respected around here. I use it and love it. I've heard good things about velocity but other than that, I have no idea if it's actually worth it or not.

People on here, if they get a pre recorded LSAT program, it's usually 7sage. They have a free package you can try out to see if you like it before you commit and buy.

Good luck!

Deardevil

Bronze

Postby Deardevil » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:38 am

7Sage is the best bang for your buck. The cheapest option is good enough, and you can upgrade any time you like.

itsmyusername

New

Postby itsmyusername » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:41 pm

Thanks for you input! 7Sage just seemed "too good to be true" in comparison to the "big guys," but definitely good to hear that's worth it. Obviously they're known for their LG, and I know this following question's main answer is "practice," but is 7Sage good with RC?

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:09 am

itsmyusername wrote:Thanks for you input! 7Sage just seemed "too good to be true" in comparison to the "big guys," but definitely good to hear that's worth it. Obviously they're known for their LG, and I know this following question's main answer is "practice," but is 7Sage good with RC?

When it comes to RC on 7sage, they like to get students to use their "memory method". If you're big on making a tonnnn of notations, their method might not be the best option for you. But believe me, it's a legit method if you're willing to put in the time and practice!

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:28 am

7Sage is great for LG, but if I could do it over again I'd do Velocity because I find Dave Hall's explanations better for LR in particular.

Self study was what worked best for me. I used a combination of Manhattan books for LR and RC and 7Sage for LG. Powerscore LG was also helpful for starting out.

Different things work for different people. You'll probably bounce around until you find what really helps you.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�