Is 7sage + Powerscore Logic Bible enough? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ForumCommissar

New

Is 7sage + Powerscore Logic Bible enough?

Post by ForumCommissar » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:40 pm

I got a -2 on RC, don't recollect the exact losses on others but did great on LR, but not as good as RC. LG I totally bombed, not really because I could not figure out the answers but more because I could not figure them out in time.

I did the 7sage free tutorial and they have me pretty hooked, the only thing is I found their LR and RC content to be very fundamental and I already understood it. I was just wondering if that course, + Powerscore Logic Bible would enough to raise my diagnostic 160 to a 174-175?

I have heard Manhatten and Blueprint are also very good, would you recommend them over 7sage?

jelufowoju

New

Re: Is 7sage + Powerscore Logic Bible enough?

Post by jelufowoju » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:49 pm

I used 7sage in tandem with the PS LGB, got a 177 after 4ish months of studying would definitely recommend.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:46 pm

7Sage + drilling should be enough. I found some things useful in Powerscore too.

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post by Barack O'Drama » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:06 am

jelufowoju wrote:I used 7sage in tandem with the PS LGB, got a 177 after 4ish months of studying would definitely recommend.

Same approach I am taking with the MLSAT LR guide to use as a supplement like Jelufowoju suggests.

I think with 7Sage + PS LGB will be sufficient tools for a good score.
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ForumCommissar

New

Post by ForumCommissar » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:23 pm

Barack O'Drama wrote:
jelufowoju wrote:I used 7sage in tandem with the PS LGB, got a 177 after 4ish months of studying would definitely recommend.

Same approach I am taking with the MLSAT LR guide to use as a supplement like Jelufowoju suggests.

Would you recommend the full 700 or one of the smaller ones?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post by Barack O'Drama » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:36 pm

ForumCommissar wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:

What do you mean by full "700 or one of the smaller ones?"

It sounds like you might mean the courses on 7Sage: Starter, Premium, Ultimate, Ultimate +

I think I would go with the Ultimate + if you can afford it. It has a question bank, all the explanations, all the problem sets (easy, medium, hard) and the entire core curriculum. I truly think it is worth it.
That said, if you're low on funds, I think the starter course is fine. Also, you can upgrade at any time only paying the difference.
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ForumCommissar

New

Post by ForumCommissar » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:46 pm

Barack O'Drama wrote:
ForumCommissar wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:

It sounds like you might mean the courses on 7Sage: Starter, Premium, Ultimate, Ultimate +

I think I would go with the Ultimate + if you can afford it. It has a question bank, all the explanations, all the problem sets (easy, medium, hard) and the entire core curriculum. I truly think it is worth it.
That said, if you're low on funds, I think the starter course is fine. Also, you can upgrade at any time only paying the difference.
If I can upgrade from Starter to Ultimate+, that would be fantastic. That's got me sold. Thanks.

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post by Barack O'Drama » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:51 pm

ForumCommissar wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:
ForumCommissar wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:

If I can upgrade from Starter to Ultimate+, that would be fantastic. That's got me sold. Thanks.

Yeah - that is essentially what I did. Email Dillon @ 7Sage and he will hook you up whenever you're ready to upgrade.

SunDevil14

Bronze

Post by SunDevil14 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:50 pm

ForumCommissar wrote:I got a -2 on RC, don't recollect the exact losses on others but did great on LR, but not as good as RC. LG I totally bombed, not really because I could not figure out the answers but more because I could not figure them out in time.

I did the 7sage free tutorial and they have me pretty hooked, the only thing is I found their LR and RC content to be very fundamental and I already understood it. I was just wondering if that course, + Powerscore Logic Bible would enough to raise my diagnostic 160 to a 174-175?

I have heard Manhatten and Blueprint are also very good, would you recommend them over 7sage?

I have found that 7sage along with Powerscore LG Bible and blank copies of as many games as I could get my hands on to be adequate in consistently missing -0 on LG.

As for raising your diagnostic by 14-15 points, it is hard to say. If you are getting -2 or less on other sections and absolutely bombing LG with a -10 or -12 then mastering the games by themselves may give you the desired result. If you are missing 3 or 4 on other sections, then you will have to make some improvements other than on LG.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ForumCommissar

New

Post by ForumCommissar » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:00 pm

SunDevil14 wrote:
ForumCommissar wrote:I got a -2 on RC, don't recollect the exact losses on others but did great on LR, but not as good as RC. LG I totally bombed, not really because I could not figure out the answers but more because I could not figure them out in time.

I have found that 7sage along with Powerscore LG Bible and blank copies of as many games as I could get my hands on to be adequate in consistently missing -0 on LG.

As for raising your diagnostic by 14-15 points, it is hard to say. If you are getting -2 or less on other sections and absolutely bombing LG with a -10 or -12 then mastering the games by themselves may give you the desired result. If you are missing 3 or 4 on other sections, then you will have to make some improvements other than on LG.
It's almost entirely LG, it think I got -11 on it. I got some wrong on the LR, but not to the point I feel I can't improve myself by drilling. RC as I said, I don't need much help with.

SunDevil14

Bronze

Post by SunDevil14 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:08 pm

ForumCommissar wrote:
SunDevil14 wrote:

It's almost entirely LG, it think I got -11 on it. I got some wrong on the LR, but not to the point I feel I can't improve myself by drilling. RC as I said, I don't need much help with.
Typically a 160 means that you got 70-71 questions correct. If you improve that by 11 than you are looking at an 81 or 82 which is a 167.

The link below will give you an idea of how the scoring works in addition to how much and where you need to improve.
http://www.alphascore.com/resources/lsa ... onversion/

Based on the information you gave me, you'd need to get roughly 10 additional questions correct as well as acing the LG to receive a 175 (92).

ForumCommissar

New

Post by ForumCommissar » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:17 pm

SunDevil14 wrote:
ForumCommissar wrote:
SunDevil14 wrote:

Typically a 160 means that you got 70-71 questions correct. If you improve that by 11 than you are looking at an 81 or 82 which is a 167.

The link below will give you an idea of how the scoring works in addition to how much and where you need to improve.

Based on the information you gave me, you'd need to get roughly 10 additional questions correct as well as acing the LG to receive a 175 (92).
Thanks for the help. Would you recommend just drilling LR to make sure I ace that as well?

Wolfie91

Silver

Post by Wolfie91 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:22 pm

I actually did well by just using the free 7sage videos and downloading a bunch of logic games on LSAC including the "Most Difficult Games Sections" documents.

But if you are REALLY behind in the game (which it sounds like you may be considering your OP), read the bible just for some basic lessons. I didn't really think the bible helped me solve more advanced games, but that's just me. 7sage is king.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SunDevil14

Bronze

Post by SunDevil14 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:33 pm

ForumCommissar wrote:
SunDevil14 wrote:
ForumCommissar wrote:
SunDevil14 wrote:

Thanks for the help. Would you recommend just drilling LR to make sure I ace that as well?
Well a 175 is quite difficult to achieve, you're looking at only -8 questions roughly. So I'd say try to improve LR as well, especially since LR is 50% of the scored portion of the test. Typically people accomplish 175 by truly mastering 2 of 3 subjects while having a smallish weakness on a third. (LR I: -0, LR II -2, LG -0, RC: -6) Alternatively, people get there by making only a few mistakes on each section. (LR I: -2, LR II: -1, LG: -1, RC: -2).

ForumCommissar

New

Post by ForumCommissar » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:37 pm

SunDevil14 wrote:
ForumCommissar wrote:
SunDevil14 wrote:
ForumCommissar wrote:
SunDevil14 wrote:

Well a 175 is quite difficult to achieve, you're looking at only -8 questions roughly. So I'd say try to improve LR as well, especially since LR is 50% of the scored portion of the test. Typically people accomplish 175 by truly mastering 2 of 3 subjects while having a smallish weakness on a third. (LR I: -0, LR II -2, LG -0, RC: -6) Alternatively, people get there by making only a few mistakes on each section. (LR I: -2, LR II: -1, LG: -1, RC: -2).
Well I feel confidant I can imrpove on LR now that I know what the LSAT is like, and RC is already naturally strong, so then I suppose I will expect a smallish weakness on LG.

Of course, I'm gonna try acing them all.

Thanks for the help by the way.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”