Testmasters Online Question???

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Theory1195

New

Testmasters Online Question???

Postby Theory1195 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:31 am

Hey TLS-ers,

I have been reading the forums on TLS for several months now, and I am so appreciative for the existence of this online community. This is, however, my first time posting. You all are so knowledgable and straightforward about information--something I don't necessarily get from the pre-law advisors at my university.

So, my question: for anyone that took/is taking/has a knowledge base regarding the Testmasters Online course--what do you think of it? I could take the live course that is offered, but the class schedule has lots of conflicts with my job. I like the idea of the online option because I can decide which specific times I want to do the lessons, rather than being forced to go to a 4 hour class at a specific time. The issue of staying focused and doing the online lessons each week isn't a problem for me. I am fully aware of the absurd importance of this test, and will be prepping accordingly. I plan on sitting for the June test.

I have almost completed The LSAT Trainer, and have really gained a lot from it. I noticed that many things have started to click for me that weren't before I started working through the Trainer, but really need to refine my LSAT skills in hopes of performing at a very high level of test day. Ideally, I am shooting for at least a 170. I know that is incredibly hard to do--but I am a total work horse, love standardized testing, and think it's at least possible.

Any and all feedback/suggestions are greatly appreciated. I feel pretty lost on what I should do, and would love to hear some personal experiences from you all.

Thank you!

theGrinch

New

Re: Testmasters Online Question???

Postby theGrinch » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:42 pm

I'm in the live class, but you are given the videos online as well. I'd suggest taking the class and if/when you miss you can simply watch online. This, to me, would allow for interaction and instant feedback to questions should they arise.

34iplaw

Gold

Re: Testmasters Online Question???

Postby 34iplaw » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:50 am

I enjoyed testmasters, but, based on your post, I don't know if it's for you. Given the length of your prep window, you may be better off with a less rigid course where you can take more time on things you struggle with. I am unsure of whether it is the same for online students, but your access is revoked the day of the test (kind of shitty IMO) with a renewal fee of $700 (IIRC) so the most you ever get is the three months I think. I'm not sure whether you can access significantly earlier but I don't think you can. Look into 7Sage IMO

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�