7sage supplemental material

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
CoolHouse

New

7sage supplemental material

Postby CoolHouse » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:57 am

For those who used 7sage to study for the LSAT, did you just use 7sage and practice tests? If not, what supplemental material did you use and why?

Mikey

Platinum

Re: 7sage supplemental material

Postby Mikey » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:28 am

I used 7sage, Cambridge LR volume 2, and PTs.

7sage is great, try it out. It has really good rep around here and I'll just leave it at that :D

CoolHouse

New

Postby CoolHouse » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:27 pm

TheMikey wrote:I used 7sage, Cambridge LR volume 2, and PTs.

7sage is great, try it out. It has really good rep around here and I'll just leave it at that :D

Yeah, I am looking into it but I am wondering if I need to buy other materials like the PS Bibles. Does 7sage teach you the same things that the PS Bibles do?

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:34 pm

CoolHouse wrote:

Yeah, I am looking into it but I am wondering if I need to buy other materials like the PS Bibles. Does 7sage teach you the same things that the PS Bibles do?

No clue, I've never used the bibles.

tskela

Bronze

Postby tskela » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:48 pm

I started with 7sage for LG and then moved onto Velocity for that final push into the -0/-1 score range. I didn't like the Bible's diagramming methods.

I used Manhattan, Powerscore and Velocity for RC and found Velocity to be most helpful.

LR I mostly just drilled my way through 3 Cambridge volumes and recent PTs.

LSAT Trainer is good for big-picture understanding of the test.

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Postby Barack O'Drama » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:55 am

This is going to sound like an infomercial for 7Sage, but I swear by it! I went through most of the LG Bible and saw basically little improvement. At the beginning of July, I got 7Sage and my score finally began to jump!

Here is what I used and would suggest using with 7Sage:

Manhattan LSAT Prep Trilogy
Powerscore Logical Reasoning Bible
LSAT Trainer
Cambridge Packets PT 1- 38 (If you can't get these, they have drills on 7Sage or other companies drill by type books work fine)
Every PT 1 - 78
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:53 am

My dude Barack 8)

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:10 am

Yeah OP, if you like having lots of materials and guidance, go with baracks list.

This is just my case, but I used 7sage, Cambridge LR volume 2 (if you can somehow get your hands on one of these or the ones that power score sells, get it!!), and of course PTs.

7sage is great for LR and Lg. If you're more of the type to annotate with RC, then maybe get something separate for RC since 7sage uses the memory method (which IS legit but if it's not how you're comfortable then go elsewhere for RC).

CoolHouse

New

Postby CoolHouse » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:17 pm

Barack O'Drama wrote:

This is going to sound like an infomercial for 7Sage, but I swear by it! I went through most of the LG Bible and saw basically little improvement. At the beginning of July, I got 7Sage and my score finally began to jump!

LSAT Trainer
Cambridge Packets PT 1- 38 (If you can't get these, they have drills on 7Sage or other companies drill by type books work fine)
Every PT 1 - 78

With those study materials is it realistic to be prepared within just over 4 months? Also what was your improvement like from your first diagnostic test to the actual test?

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Postby Barack O'Drama » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:02 pm

TheMikey wrote:My dude Barack 8)

8)
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Postby Barack O'Drama » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:05 pm

CoolHouse wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:

LSAT Trainer
Every PT 1 - 78

With those study materials is it realistic to be prepared within just over 4 months? Also what was your improvement like from your first diagnostic test to the actual test?

I haven't taken the LSAT yet, I am prepping until I can confidently get a 175+ because I really want Y. However, in about 2.5 months of using 7Sage and Manhattan my score has gone from the low 150s to the 160s. I haven't really begun to take PTs yet, but just based on my individual timed sections and drills, I should be able to hit the 170s before the Feb test and hopefully have the June as backup.

It is hard to really estimate how long in months it will take you. It depends on you, your target score, and how much time you have to prep.

SunDevil14

Bronze

Postby SunDevil14 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:10 pm

Barack O'Drama wrote:

LSAT Trainer
Every PT 1 - 78

JY is the man. 7sage is Gospel for LG, I cannot speak to their other materials. Although their PT analytic database is a helpful tool.

Are you guys aware of companies that offer drill books the contain question types from the most/more recent tests? There is an abundance for the first 40 tests, but seems to be a drop off after that.

tskela

Bronze

Postby tskela » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:14 pm

SunDevil14 wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:

LSAT Trainer
Every PT 1 - 78

JY is the man. 7sage is Gospel for LG, I cannot speak to their other materials. Although their PT analytic database is a helpful tool.

Are you guys aware of companies that offer drill books the contain question types from the most/more recent tests? There is an abundance for the first 40 tests, but seems to be a drop off after that.

I just bought Cambridge's LR, PTs 40-60 off amazon like a month ago. (of course it was used tho. i just go through and circle/cross through every answer choice instead of erasing)

SunDevil14

Bronze

Postby SunDevil14 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:52 pm

tskela wrote:
SunDevil14 wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:

LSAT Trainer
Every PT 1 - 78

I just bought Cambridge's LR, PTs 40-60 off amazon like a month ago. (of course it was used tho. i just go through and circle/cross through every answer choice instead of erasing)

Thanks, I checked out amazon. Some of the asking prices are outrageous. Oh Lord. They said that making drugs hard to obtain would drive up the price. They should have had Lsat Prep Material in mind. Alas, I will probably just bite the bullet and buy a used one in very good condition with little to no marks.

I used the powerscore type training for 1-40 because they were much cheaper and more easily obtainable. Power provide just the questions and answers, no explanations. Should I expect anything different from Cambridge's products.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:52 am

SunDevil14 wrote:
tskela wrote:
SunDevil14 wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:

LSAT Trainer
Every PT 1 - 78

Thanks, I checked out amazon. Some of the asking prices are outrageous. Oh Lord. They said that making drugs hard to obtain would drive up the price. They should have had Lsat Prep Material in mind. Alas, I will probably just bite the bullet and buy a used one in very good condition with little to no marks.

I used the powerscore type training for 1-40 because they were much cheaper and more easily obtainable. Power provide just the questions and answers, no explanations. Should I expect anything different from Cambridge's products.

I have the Cambridge LR by type volume 2 (21-40) and it doesn't come with explanations.

SunDevil14

Bronze

Postby SunDevil14 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:37 am

TheMikey wrote:
SunDevil14 wrote:
tskela wrote:
SunDevil14 wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:

LSAT Trainer
Every PT 1 - 78

I have the Cambridge LR by type volume 2 (21-40) and it doesn't come with explanations.

Thanks, that is what I assumed.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:40 am

SunDevil14 wrote:Thanks, that is what I assumed.

yeah but if you can still get your hands on a copy, definitely do so. it's great practice to do question types in clusters and if you're ever severely stuck on a question, you can always search it or make a thread for it on the Manhattan forums!

tskela

Bronze

Postby tskela » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:34 pm

SunDevil14 wrote:
TheMikey wrote:
SunDevil14 wrote:
tskela wrote:
SunDevil14 wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:

LSAT Trainer
Every PT 1 - 78

Thanks, that is what I assumed.

Just FYI before you spend the money though (cause I didn't realize this until way later), Cambridge LR Volume 3 (PTs 41-60) is ordered by type but NOT by difficulty like the first two volumes. I was super surprised when I finally realized it

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�