Can I choose which LSAT score gets sent to schools?

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
olikatz

Bronze

Can I choose which LSAT score gets sent to schools?

Postby olikatz » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:47 pm

Just wondering. I intend to only take the test once in December and apply, but let's just say for whatever reason I don't do all that great. and retake it later. And let's just say that my retake later is worse than December. Would I have the opportunity to send only December or will both get sent and the schools use the highest score of the two?

lula43

Bronze

Re: Can I choose which LSAT score gets sent to schools?

Postby lula43 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:51 pm

Boy, do I wish! I have a horrible score on my record that unfortunately will haunt me for the rest of my (law school admissions) life. However, the consensus is that every school except for maybe Stanford and Yale will disregard the others and look at your highest score. Best of luck!

kindofcanuck

Bronze

Re: Can I choose which LSAT score gets sent to schools?

Postby kindofcanuck » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:36 am

olikatz wrote:Just wondering. I intend to only take the test once in December and apply, but let's just say for whatever reason I don't do all that great. and retake it later. And let's just say that my retake later is worse than December. Would I have the opportunity to send only December or will both get sent and the schools use the highest score of the two?

No, you can't choose :) All valid LSAT scores will be reported by LSAC. It's up to the school how they treat them.

It's generally agreed that a very good LSAT will overcome a weaker one, as only the higher one contributes to the school's numbers. But if you're borderline anyway, a single score is better than multiple ones, and if you have multiple ones it's better to be going up then going down.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�