12%
Sub 150
3%

Total votes: 369

Alexandros

Re: Goodnight, Sweet Prince

Postby Alexandros » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:56 pm

proteinshake wrote:
SweetTort wrote:I somewhat regret not choosing Vanderbilt. I'm living with my SO 30 minutes outside of Nashville, and some of my family lives there, so it would've been super convenient (albeit probably a bad choice in terms of employment).

I don't think there is a scenario in which Vandy > Dillard.

dj9i27

Postby dj9i27 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:58 pm

Alexandros wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
SweetTort wrote:I somewhat regret not choosing Vanderbilt. I'm living with my SO 30 minutes outside of Nashville, and some of my family lives there, so it would've been super convenient (albeit probably a bad choice in terms of employment).

There is a glitch in the system and Vandy pays you 1.7 million dollars a year for teh lulz

jagerbom79

Postby jagerbom79 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:01 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
proteinshake wrote:

There is a glitch in the system and Vandy pays you 1.7 million dollars a year for teh lulz

proteinshake

Postby proteinshake » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:06 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
proteinshake wrote:

ya got me :x

dj9i27

Postby dj9i27 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:08 pm

proteinshake wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
proteinshake wrote:

ya got me :x

proteinshake

Postby proteinshake » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:23 pm

I've only ever seen the first Harry Potter movie. rewatched the Sorcerer's Stone yesterday and watching COS tonight!

dj9i27

Postby dj9i27 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:26 pm

proteinshake wrote:I've only ever seen the first Harry Potter movie. rewatched the Sorcerer's Stone yesterday and watching COS tonight!

I kinda want to rewatch the series, but the Die Hard or Saving Private Ryan comes on and I go down that rabbit hole.

jagerbom79

Postby jagerbom79 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:52 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:I've only ever seen the first Harry Potter movie. rewatched the Sorcerer's Stone yesterday and watching COS tonight!

I kinda want to rewatch the series, but the Die Hard or Saving Private Ryan comes on and I go down that rabbit hole.

I havent seen passed the 3rd HP movie.. Been talking about binge watching this and Star Wars

Alexandros

Postby Alexandros » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:58 pm

I think I need to watch some corny, feel-good movie to temporarily increase my pathetically low dopamine levels.

dj9i27

Postby dj9i27 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:17 am

Alexandros wrote:I think I need to watch some corny, feel-good movie to temporarily increase my pathetically low dopamine levels.

Pumping Iron.... Or a legit good movie, maybe Pineapple Express?

brinicolec

Postby brinicolec » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:43 am

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:I think I need to watch some corny, feel-good movie to temporarily increase my pathetically low dopamine levels.

James Franco's new movie Why Him was hilarrrrrious. A lot of vulgar jokes, but still. I died.

nimbus cloud

Postby nimbus cloud » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:52 am

Anyone else never read or seen any of the Harry Potter movies?

proteinshake

Postby proteinshake » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:53 am

brinicolec wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

James Franco's new movie Why Him was hilarrrrrious. A lot of vulgar jokes, but still. I died.

War Dogs was pretty dope

Alexandros

Postby Alexandros » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:09 am

proteinshake wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

War Dogs was pretty dope

Ohh thanks y'all! Decided to go with a cheesy romance movie. don't judge me.

dj9i27

Postby dj9i27 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:22 am

brinicolec wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

I need to check it out on the UG when it's out. The last few Franco/Rogan movies (I'm looking at you, Sausage Party) didn't jive well with me.

jagerbom79

Postby jagerbom79 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:30 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

I need to check it out on the UG when it's out. The last few Franco/Rogan movies (I'm looking at you, Sausage Party) didn't jive well with me.

I want to see Why HIm so bad... Also need to see Sausage party too

dj9i27

Postby dj9i27 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:34 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

I'd skip it tbh

34iplaw

Postby 34iplaw » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:11 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

I'd skip it tbh

Yeah - I think the novelty wears off pretty quickly, and it rapidly becomes South Park/Family Guy/American Dad...nothing wrong with that, but it's a bit silly. Personally, I found a lot of the 'cute' stuff way funnier... like I kind of died when I saw the Molsons.

Alexandros

Postby Alexandros » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:12 pm

Literally don't remember the last time I saw a comedy. I think it's been about a year and half. I should try harder to be normal.

Instrumental

Postby Instrumental » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:34 pm

Alexandros wrote:Literally don't remember the last time I saw a comedy. I think it's been about a year and half. I should try harder to be normal.

Reminds me of when a friend was checking out my movie collection and was like, "Man, all your movies are depressing."

Funniest movies I have in my collection are Cabin in the Woods and The Nice Guys (and those weren't even in my collection when he said that.

Alexandros

Postby Alexandros » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:39 pm

Instrumental wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Literally don't remember the last time I saw a comedy. I think it's been about a year and half. I should try harder to be normal.

Reminds me of when a friend was checking out my movie collection and was like, "Man, all your movies are depressing."

Funniest movies I have in my collection are Cabin in the Woods and The Nice Guys (and those weren't even in my collection when he said that.

Relatable. :lol:
Same with TV. The lightest things I watch are probably crime shows.

jagerbom79

Postby jagerbom79 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:56 pm

34iplaw wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

I'd skip it tbh

Yeah - I think the novelty wears off pretty quickly, and it rapidly becomes South Park/Family Guy/American Dad...nothing wrong with that, but it's a bit silly. Personally, I found a lot of the 'cute' stuff way funnier... like I kind of died when I saw the Molsons.

Yeah i definitely agree with that. Like This is the End had some super funny parts but overall I was over it

Alexandros

Postby Alexandros » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:39 pm

Honestly, LOL when people criticize 'why law' personal statements for being unrealistic. I'm sure there are ways, but not sure how you'd write a strong 'I want to work in a V50' PS. Of course people write about wanting to change the world / influence policy / help the disadvantaged. Jesus.

(On that note, I think the "70% of people enter LS wanting to do PI [based on the fact that they write their personal statements about their interest in PI] and yet 75% go to firm jobs" thing might be overblown.)

SweetTort

Postby SweetTort » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:44 pm

Alexandros wrote:Honestly, LOL when people criticize 'why law' personal statements for being unrealistic. I'm sure there are ways, but not sure how you'd write a strong 'I want to work in a V50' PS. Of course people write about wanting to change the world / influence policy / help the disadvantaged. Jesus.

(On that note, I think the "70% of people enter LS wanting to do PI [based on the fact that they write their personal statements about their interest in PI] and yet 75% go to firm jobs" thing might be overblown.)

TBH my "why law" was like "I like to argue and shit"

dj9i27

Postby dj9i27 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:46 pm

Alexandros wrote:Honestly, LOL when people criticize 'why law' personal statements for being unrealistic. I'm sure there are ways, but not sure how you'd write a strong 'I want to work in a V50' PS. Of course people write about wanting to change the world / influence policy / help the disadvantaged. Jesus.

If someone keeps the fire of trying to make a better world going, I don't see what is wrong with that. Even if they have the initial plan of BigLaw to create a bit of financial padding and then do what they want what the fuck is wrong with that. I would rather be at least a little optimistic about the future, it is only as bleak as you make it.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”