burning out but want to stay sharp for Sept test Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lawschoolgirl312

Bronze

burning out but want to stay sharp for Sept test

Post by lawschoolgirl312 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:52 am

I know I am burning out so I have been taking a lot of full day breaks...but now i'm getting nervous that i'm not going to be sharp for the day of the test. I have PT 77 and 78 left to take and I was thinking of taking one tomorrow ( Saturday) and another one on Tuesday...any thoughts? What should I be doing in between PTs if I already feel burnt out

Kopetz

Bronze

Re: burning out but want to stay sharp for Sept test

Post by Kopetz » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:02 pm

Take a walk, get some air, go to a movie, see some friends. The good/bad news is you can't exactly cram for the LSAT, so working furiously in the last few days before the test is just going to burn you out. Do enough practice and review that you feel like you're not getting lazy or rusty, but don't stress if you don't complete every last practice test.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:08 pm

Take a few days off. Take this weekend off and do a PT on Monday or Tuesday.

I took this whole week off from PTing and barely did any LSAT stuff except some games everyone once in a while. Yesterday I got back into it an did 1 LR section (went -2) and did 3 RC passages and did good on all of them. I felt "refreshed", taking time off does more good than bad when it comes to the LSAT. So take the weekend off, id say, or else it can really fuck you for test day.

lawschoolgirl312

Bronze

Post by lawschoolgirl312 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:12 pm

hm but if I take a PT on tuesday, that would mean I have to take either 77 or 78, which one would you recommend me taking?

PoopNpants

Silver

Post by PoopNpants » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:19 pm

TheMikey wrote:Take a few days off. Take this weekend off and do a PT on Monday or Tuesday.

I took this whole week off from PTing and barely did any LSAT stuff except some games everyone once in a while. Yesterday I got back into it an did 1 LR section (went -2) and did 3 RC passages and did good on all of them. I felt "refreshed", taking time off does more good than bad when it comes to the LSAT. So take the weekend off, id say, or else it can really fuck you for test day.
This. I'm only doing light review and a PT tomorrow and one on Tuesday/Wednesday. Besides that though I'm just doing logic games through cuz 1. I kinda enjoy them they are fun little puzzles and 2. best be ready for any type of unusual games that might show up next saturday

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Blueprint Mithun

Bronze

Post by Blueprint Mithun » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:51 pm

lawschoolgirl312 wrote:I know I am burning out so I have been taking a lot of full day breaks...but now i'm getting nervous that i'm not going to be sharp for the day of the test. I have PT 77 and 78 left to take and I was thinking of taking one tomorrow ( Saturday) and another one on Tuesday...any thoughts? What should I be doing in between PTs if I already feel burnt out
The test is coming up soon enough where you should be prioritizing getting rest and conserving your mental energy. Trust yourself - you've done this for long enough where you can start feeling sharp with some light review. Space out your remaining PTs and don't do much work in between them. If anything, do a couple of passages here, a couple of games there, or a handful of LR questions. Good luck - you're in the final stretch!

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:30 pm

I agree with all the above comments. The LSAT is 100% a mind game. Its all about mental technique (the actual LSAT questions etc) and focus/clarity. Nothing magical is going to happen in this last week, however, in one weeks time I have seen in my prep (now I am averaging 173 on last 5 PTs) some hurdles crossed and things start to click almost out of nowhere. I would definitely try to utilize the week to get as much in as you can, but NOT at the expense of added stress, worries, lack of rest, and lack of focus.

In sum, do as much as you can while not getting burnt out. The best advice I can give because it seems like days off, just in itself, isn't helping and I have previously gone through similar burnout phases and experienced the same thing. "yeah- you took off, but still stressed over the damn test and thus, aren't even enjoying the day off!!!" Again this is mental.. Take the time to do stuff you truly enjoy and focus your thoughts on relaxing. Then the few hours every day or other day (whatever it may be) you do this week will be effective and more of just a session to "keep you in the game training." If you recognize that you want to prep really lightly this week, I have found a little bit consistently everyday to be better than do 1 full day and nothing the rest. And when you do prep now, go into every session with the mentality that you are an LSAT Legend and you dgaf what happens and you are just going to go through the motions as you have been and ultimately crush it! Thats confidence and just feeling relaxed!

Anyway, recoup on some rest, keep working hard and I am sure you will be fine in time for the test!! Us September takers are all in this together and people are experiencing the same thing. BEST OF LUCK!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”