Effective way of compiling incorrect questions? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
peachyjade

New

Effective way of compiling incorrect questions?

Post by peachyjade » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:37 am

What do you guys do to compile (not just keep track of) questions you get wrong on LR and RC? I've tried the typing method but typing does take its toll (not to mention time) and I get super irritated during the process. I typed up a detailed report from my last PT over a week ago and I don't think my hands have recovered. However I do feel like there is a huge advantage to looking at the mistakes I've made from time to time so I'd like to keep compiling--my LR improved significantly once I started typing up detailed explanations.

What do you guys do? Do you type the entire Stimulus with answers or just why the answers are incorrect/correct? I've tried this too but I find myself a little lost when reading explanations without context. Do you just type the ones you got wrong during PT? Or do you include the ones from section/Q type drills as well?

If you don't type up explanations--what are your solutions? How do you compile these materials?

Thanks thanks thanks!

tskela

Bronze

Re: Effective way of compiling incorrect questions?

Post by tskela » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:05 am

I have PDFs so I just screenshot and then paste them all into word (i have a mac so i can screenshot small sections of my screen rather than the whole thing, idk if PCs let you do this yet)
Last edited by tskela on Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blueprint Mithun

Bronze

Post by Blueprint Mithun » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:05 pm

peachyjade wrote:What do you guys do to compile (not just keep track of) questions you get wrong on LR and RC? I've tried the typing method but typing does take its toll (not to mention time) and I get super irritated during the process. I typed up a detailed report from my last PT over a week ago and I don't think my hands have recovered. However I do feel like there is a huge advantage to looking at the mistakes I've made from time to time so I'd like to keep compiling--my LR improved significantly once I started typing up detailed explanations.

What do you guys do? Do you type the entire Stimulus with answers or just why the answers are incorrect/correct? I've tried this too but I find myself a little lost when reading explanations without context. Do you just type the ones you got wrong during PT? Or do you include the ones from section/Q type drills as well?

If you don't type up explanations--what are your solutions? How do you compile these materials?

Thanks thanks thanks!
When I was prepping, I would circle the number of any question that gave me trouble, and so I'd know to review it even when I'd gotten it right. After reviewing a section or preptest, I'd write down the section and number of any questions that I felt were difficult or insightful enough to the point where I thought reviewing them would be worth my time. I had pdfs of my practice tests, so I'd go back and look at those versions, since they were unmarked. That idea of taking screenshots seems pretty clever, should've thought of that!

If you want to cut down on type, just come up with an efficient way of noting down the question near your detailed explanations - that way, you can just pull out the test and glance at the question/choices, rather than re-typing all of that stuff. If you don't have pdfs, then this will require some diligent organization, but I think it would ultimately save you time.

RamTitan

Silver

Post by RamTitan » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:41 pm

I used to write explanations by hand, and I think this did improve my understanding (but not my score). When I review now, I mentally analyze the question so as to internalize the thought process.

Deardevil

Bronze

Post by Deardevil » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:09 pm

I keep a storage of all the games that I did poorly on so that I revisit,
as well as LR questions that I either got wrong or find extremely tough.

Helps me hone on where I went wrong. Should probably do the same for RC, too.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”