Question about February test and application Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
muscleboundlaw

Bronze

Question about February test and application

Post by muscleboundlaw » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:42 pm

Hey guys,

I was wondering if applying in February decreases my chances significantly, even if I get a desirable score (I will take December too, but want to have February as back up). I plan on applying to Texas schools specifically, but basically am UT or bust at the moment.

Sorry if this isn't the place for this type of question.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Re: Question about February test and application

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:13 pm

From what I hear-- Early is by Thanksgiving and submitting immediately upon receiving Dec score is the end of your best-shot at applications. Every day passed that, is diminishing returns. I am not sure about for UT or the Texas market specifically though..

Blueprint Mithun

Bronze

Re: Question about February test and application

Post by Blueprint Mithun » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:11 pm

muscleboundlaw wrote:Hey guys,

I was wondering if applying in February decreases my chances significantly, even if I get a desirable score (I will take December too, but want to have February as back up). I plan on applying to Texas schools specifically, but basically am UT or bust at the moment.

Sorry if this isn't the place for this type of question.
This would be more suited for the Admissions board, but I'll bite. Applying in February is late in the game - several schools have their deadlines that month, and considering that apps open up in Sept/October, plenty of people will have submitted their materials before you. If you get score within, or especially above, the median, then you still definitely have a shot at admission, but you're not giving yourself any advantages.

Are you talking about taking the February test, though? It might not be possible to do so and apply this cycle, depending on when your target schools have their deadlines set. Your application won't be looked at until everything is received, including your LSAT score, which typically won't be ready until ~4 weeks preceding the test. So look up those deadlines to see if that's an option.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”